Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2022, 06:24 AM

9,885 posts, read 7,217,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I really like desantis and im paranoid that the media is going to find some way to take him down. I agree Fauci is a foul little **** I'm afraid that DeSantis using that kind of language is just going to relegate him to the Trump category.
He's gone full twice impeached, defeated former guy. I saw a video this week - wish I could find it - of how DeSantis has copied the hand mannerisms while speaking, trying to stand taller, and even the Sharpie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2022, 06:26 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,650 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Trumps uncouth sounds natural. It just doesnt sound genuine here, even though i think faucci should be pounded like a little nail

Old 08-26-2022, 06:29 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
He's gone full twice impeached, defeated former guy. I saw a video this week - wish I could find it - of how DeSantis has copied the hand mannerisms while speaking, trying to stand taller, and even the Sharpie.
You mean a public figure was coached on their speaking and appearance? How unique lol

Old 08-26-2022, 06:30 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Ron Desantis is intentionally inciting stochastic terrorism against a government employee because he believes it will benefit him politically.

He knows that Dr Fauci and his family have been receiving death threats since the start of the pandemic because of the lies and conspiracies Trump, Qanon, and right-wing media have spread about him.

And now Ron Desantis has decided to stab another knife into Fauci's back as he's leaving the stage after a lifetime of public service.

It's amazing how despicable and cowardly Republican Party leaders are.
This and lets put their voters in with them!! Deplorable bunch they are.

Old 08-26-2022, 06:38 AM

3,336 posts, read 2,140,399 times
It was a stupid thing to say. Not nearly as stupid as the feigned outrage and moral hypocrisy in response to it, but quite stupid nonetheless.

Old 08-26-2022, 06:39 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Fake news, very very old fake news. tWump Wussia Wussia Wussia type fake news.

Sorry so many of your posts have been skimmed across the Potomac and into the trash can, OP.

The more I see this DeSantis, the more I like the guy. He's like a young President Donald J. Trump.
Ugh and yes many died after DeSantis pulled the mask mandate. To include my son. His job no longer required the masks n he got sick there. Soon be a year. I don’t blame his death on the Gov. I blame all the deaths on him being so careless in the name of money. God knows all. And he will answer in Gods time.

Record High COVID Cases and Deaths Reported in Florida
Aug. 26, 2021

THURSDAY, Aug. 26, 2021 (HealthDay News) -- Coronavirus cases and deaths in Florida are at record highs as the Delta variant ravages the state and Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis holds firm on forbidding vaccine and mask mandates.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...ted-in-florida

Old 08-26-2022, 06:41 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
Are your feelings triggered snowflake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Is this really how a Gov. of a state behave? Pathetic in mind to be Gov. of a state and acting like a middle school bully towards an 81 year old man.

https://www.local10.com/news/florida...s-the-potomac/

Btw, when I bumped into him in a hallway, I had to look down and it was unbelievable how short this guy is, hilarious that he's calling anyone "little"

Let us not forget that he killed many Floridians during the delta wave by spreading misinformation about corona.

Old 08-26-2022, 07:40 AM

2,953 posts, read 993,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
DeSatan looks to be channeling Rush Limbaugh spirit and his ilk. Him and Tucker Carlson's.
Satan? You blasted past "lit'rally Hitler" and gone right to Satan. Congratulations your overuse of insane hyperbole has nullified Hitler. And you wonder why you libs are the butt of so many jokes?

Old 08-26-2022, 07:51 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Ugh and yes many died after DeSantis pulled the mask mandate. To include my son. His job no longer required the masks n he got sick there. Soon be a year. I don’t blame his death on the Gov. I blame all the deaths on him being so careless in the name of money. God knows all. And he will answer in Gods time.
What do mask mandates have to do with money?

Old 08-26-2022, 08:02 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Considering that Fauci was behind the gain of function research that caused a bat virus to infect humans, I would say that Fauci has more blame for any covid deaths than the governor of Florida.
Considering that it was the Trump that lifted the ban that the Obama had put on GOF research...

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...offer-guidance

As far as DeSantis doing the tough guy talk. This is what righties respond to these days.

However, the Potomac is a relatively wide river. It would probably take modern discus technique to get an elf of any type tossed all the way across. Elves are actually too large to toss very far with a traditional baseball type throw. But if he needs to tinker with his elf tossing delivery, I'd recommend he use Ted Cruz for practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies