Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 11:36 AM

11,363 posts, read 16,735,475 times

Advertisements

Dems are fools for believing this. If anything this will encourage those with illegal guns to enter those areas even more to rob people.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A federal judge let a sweeping New York gun law move forward Wednesday night hours before the regulations took effect.

Judge Glenn Suddaby said the plaintiffs — including gun rights organizations and an upstate resident — did not have standing to bring the legal action.

The judge noted that the legal gun owner could not demonstrate that he was at risk of a credible threat of prosecution under the new guidelines.

New York Attorney General Letitia James tweeted that the ruling was a major victory "against baseless attacks by the gun lobby."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-...go-into-effect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2022, 11:42 AM

29,568 posts, read 14,714,442 times
It's so easy to prove her wrong , it isn't even worth posting up links. Hopefully the critical thinkers in her state see through her blatant lie. Unfortunately we've got a large number of people in this country that will believe this regardless of the facts.

Old 09-01-2022, 11:45 AM

29,556 posts, read 19,666,897 times
Cool! So does that mean criminals won't be bringing their guns into "gun free zones"?

Old 09-01-2022, 11:58 AM

45,251 posts, read 26,502,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Cool! So does that mean criminals won't be bringing their guns into "gun free zones"?
Yes, same as they always haven't

Old 09-01-2022, 12:12 PM

23,593 posts, read 17,269,743 times
Change the signs to CRIMINAL SAFETY ZONE

Old 09-01-2022, 12:15 PM

24,542 posts, read 17,291,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post

Has the city setup lockers just outside these "Gun Free Zones" where the criminals can store their guns while they go shopping and sightseeing? It would be a shame if some criminal accidentally violated the law and was sent to jail..... without bail............ LOL that will never happen of course but whoa to the poor law abiding soul that makes a mistake and is caught with his equalizer in such a zone. He will be made an example of by these fools and if they find out he voted for Trump..... They might label him a Domestic Terrorist and send him packing to GITMO while Biden's IRS audits him.

Old 09-01-2022, 12:17 PM

24,542 posts, read 17,291,517 times
I think someone has to keep a rolling tally of gun violence that happens in these new Gun Free Zones. It will be interesting to see if the gun crimes go up or down in these areas.

If the zones work that is great but I think we all have our doubts.

Old 09-01-2022, 10:08 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,250,320 times
No doubt criminals will abide by this law. What could go wrong, lol

Old 09-02-2022, 06:51 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,599,492 times
Gun Free Zone => Target Rich Environment

Old 09-02-2022, 07:06 AM

2,904 posts, read 1,878,477 times
As a NY resident with an unrestricted pistol license I've thought long and hard about this day.

I'm going to continue going about my daily routine exactly as I had been on August 30th.

This is so far beyond an over reach in violation of the constitution and recent supreme court rulings that this will surely get struck down. It's just a matter of how long it takes.

All this means is now if I am in a situation where there is an incident but doesn't immediately that second affect myself or family I'm going to conduct myself exactly like every other panicked person and just quietly slip away. I'm not going to risk opening myself up to prosecution by trying to save others. They're on their own. I can't potentially make my family suffer by my potential legal defense or jail time and lost income to try and save others. I regret reaching this conclusion because I do have a moral compass and what's right is right. But I have to look out for my family first and foremost.

If I'm shopping in a store and there's an active shooter... Sorry I won't be intervening unless the shooter is preventing my family from reaching an exit. Everyone else is on their own.

It's regrettable to have this thinking and it distresses me. I know many friends I talk to have reached similar conclusions.

For those who don't know here is a rough list of criteria at least prior to August 31 of what was required to even merely purchase any pistol legally in ny.

Attend a 4 hour training course, pay a fee. Fill out an application, pay a fee. List 4 non family character references. Get electronic fingerprints, pay a fee. Wait 6-12 months. Get interviewed by a detective. Have your 4 references also participate in a detective interview into your character. Have a judge sign off on your pistol lisence if you are deemed reliable, of good character and not a threat to public safety. Get a letter in the mail saying you are approved or denied. Only then if approved are you legally allowed to go to the store and buy your first pistol. Then go back to downtown pay for a plastic pistol license card with that pistol serial number added. Repeat for every new pistol you want to legally own. Those are the people that hochul is saying can't be trusted.

This new law is idiotic and won't make anything safer.

NY residents that have pistol lisences are already some of the most heavily vetted and investigated in the country. We are the most law abiding least threatening people in the entire state.

Yet the governor hochul literally said "she doesn't care about statistics"

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...ps-anyone-safe

This is what we're dealing with.

I can't wait to move to a free state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies