Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2022, 12:01 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times

Advertisements

The essence of humor in satire is to include recognizable amounts of truth, so as to leave the audience wondering where the truth stops and the satire starts.

----------------------------------

https://babylonbee.com/news/after-us...m_medium=email

After Using FBI To Suppress Son’s Crimes And Raid Political Rival’s Home, Biden Warns Democracy In Danger

Sep 3, 2022
BabylonBee.com

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Having politically weaponized federal law enforcement for his own political gain, President Biden has now taken to the airwaves to warn that democracy is in real danger.

"Folks, I'm using the feds as best I can to destroy my political opponents, but let me be clear: I'm going to have to break more laws and seize even more power if I'm going to stop fascism," yelled President Biden, lighted in blood-red and surrounded by soldiers. "I don't care if that means a federal takeover of elections, an overthrow of the judiciary - heck I don't care if I have to use F-15s to carpet bomb every single Republican neighborhood in the country. We will forcibly commandeer every lever of power and communication our nation has - to, you know, defeat fascism."

President Biden went on to call for the expulsion from democratic society anyone who questioned the integrity of an American election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2022, 12:18 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Was it really a "Raid" or was it opposition research...........................?

When it comes to Hunter, if you ask most Democrats about him they will say "We didn't elect him"... but boy were they fast to nail and link any of the Trump kids as part of the "scandals" and all that ginned up baloney.

Imagine the melt downs on the Left IF Trump had delivered a speech like Biden just did. They would liken Trump to Mussolini and Hitler. Nancy Pants would be gearing up for another Impeachment because she knows he was thinking evil thoughts.

Biden and the Dems are setting the stage for the Big Steal in 2024. It might be too late for them in 2022 but they are playing the long game. We all saw what happened to a bunch of Jan6th fools and we all saw what didn't happen to the rioters that looted, burned, fought Police, injured and murdered countless others. Imagine another questionable election happens and instead of the loudest voices crying foul being told to sit down shut up and take it they instead get a knock on their door and it is the IRS with guns there to seize your tax records for an audit.

We are quickly becoming banana republic but don't worry it is all for our benefit.

Old 09-05-2022, 12:21 PM

3,113 posts, read 939,894 times
When leaders warn you democracy is in danger it's almost always because they want an excuse to "defend you" by taking more of your rights away from you. This is no different.

Old 09-05-2022, 02:29 PM

7,368 posts, read 3,829,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
When leaders warn you democracy is in danger it's almost always because they want an excuse to "defend you" by taking more of your rights away from you. This is no different.
Take your rights or steal your blind. It's always one of the two.

Old 09-05-2022, 02:31 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
When reality is funnier than the comedy.

Old 09-05-2022, 05:46 PM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
If he was suppressing his crimes he did a lousy job because Hunter is under investigation by the Delaware AG. Besides, presidents don't direct the FBI but that would ruin a good rant.

But hearing this from a blogger called Babylon Bee is just too funny.

Old 09-05-2022, 05:48 PM

20,060 posts, read 20,872,330 times
It’s different because you know, “they’re” the good guys.

Old 09-05-2022, 05:49 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If he was suppressing his crimes he did a lousy job because Hunter is under investigation by the Delaware AG. Besides, presidents don't direct the FBI but that would ruin a good rant.

But hearing this from a blogger called Babylon Bee is just too funny.

Babylon Bee is a satire site.

Old 09-05-2022, 06:39 PM

831 posts, read 333,321 times
The computer guy that had Hunter's computer has a new book coming out. Definitely planning to read that.

Old 09-05-2022, 06:56 PM

43,137 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Hilarious . Read the other stories in that issue. I wish that was the real news because it sure does feel that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies