Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 12:26 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
What rights do gays not have?
Legally, full rights.

But there are a lot of folks who are still pretty burned up about it.

You can tell who they are because they keep calling a normal preference "perverted". Which is undoubtedly why the bank just rolled its eyes and decided it had better things to do with its time than deal with a nut.

Old 09-04-2022, 12:33 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
What rights do gays not have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Legally, full rights.
So, gays do not have "full rights"?

What, specifically, are they missing?

Old 09-04-2022, 12:33 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Why do businesses want to alienate 99% of their customers to cater to the 1% that want to screw people of the same sex.
I’m all for inclusiveness, but this is just pandering the the gay community, and figuring nobody will care.

If I were the customer, I’d be only too happy to take my accounts elsewhere. Here’s the thing though. When I worked in a bank, I had to call a phone number, punch in certain information, and if there was an unfavorable history with another bank, I could not open the account. I was not told the reason, but just yes or no. Scotia Bank could poison the well for this customer if they chose to.

Old 09-04-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I’m all for inclusiveness, but this is just pandering the the gay community, and figuring nobody will care.

If I were the customer, I’d be only too happy to take my accounts elsewhere. Here’s the thing though. When I worked in a bank, I had to call a phone number, punch in certain information, and if there was an unfavorable history with another bank, I could not open the account. I was not told the reason, but just yes or no. Scotia Bank could poison the well for this customer if they chose to.
Actually, it is "pandering" to the majority opinion about gay people.

Old 09-04-2022, 12:39 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
If my bank started pushing the gay pride stuff on me I would just quietly go open an account at another bank and move all my money. I certainly wouldn't make an issue out of it.
I wouldn't consider simply seeing a pride flag on an app "pushing gay pride stuff on me", though.

I probably wouldn't even make note of it, actually, or would just figure they are trying to market to a certain demographic.

But yeah, if I didn't like a business for whatever reason, I would just move my money elsewhere.

We can't even be sure this actually happened. I did a little Googling, and the ONLY place this store appears is in the article in the OP, which appears to be some kind of bizarre alternative-world thing, not a legit publication. They refer to "the plandemic" and call the rainbow flag "perversion-saturated symbology", lmao. Not exactly Nobel-level journalism here.

Old 09-04-2022, 12:46 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
What’s the problem? He complained using offensive language to an employee. The bank told him to take a hike and move his business elsewhere. There are other big banks in Canada.

Scotiabank won’t miss his business. Their total assets are about $1.3 trillion.

Perhaps there is more tolerance of verbal abuse in the U.S.?

Old 09-04-2022, 12:46 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post

It's a business decision. They want the LGBT business, just like when they show black people in February or Asians or mixed-race people in their ads. The only agenda a bank or other business is pushing is making money.

In June, I laughed when I saw that Budweiser had made up fancy cans with rainbows on them. Blatant marketing tactic. I took a photo of the stacked cans in the liquor store and sent it to a lesbian friend, who said, "Oh, it's getting out of hand with the marketing. Do they think we're all that gullible that we'll buy their products just because they stuck a rainbow on it?" A few days later, I was out walking and saw a crushed Bud rainbow can lying at the side of the road. I took a picture of it and sent it to the lesbian friend and said, "you damn LGBT people and your littering". She thought it was funny.

To get ANGRY over a marketing picture on an app seems to be a symptom of a deeper problem.

Old 09-04-2022, 12:58 PM

2,045 posts, read 782,588 times
Quote:
Legally, full rights.
How about giving a couple of examples ...

Old 09-04-2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
How about giving a couple of examples ...
Of what? Legal rights?

Old 09-04-2022, 01:09 PM

43,059 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Of what? Legal rights?
Yes. You agreed that gays have no legal rights.
And everyone is asking you for examples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies