Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2022, 09:07 AM

6,757 posts, read 3,381,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
There's no reason to push a political agenda on people who are simply trying to purchase a good or service.
Exactly. My wife likes BBB. I couldn't care less about a company's politics except for maybe Disney which is run by fruitcakes and lunatics.

Michael Jordan had it right when he said that "Republicans buy sneakers too". He was accused of putting politics over principles by the hysterical ninnies on the left, but the last time I looked a company's bottom line didn't care who its customers voted for.

Last edited by Camaro5; 09-05-2022 at 09:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2022, 09:28 AM

23,597 posts, read 17,279,425 times
CFO falls from window.

Lukoil exec falls from window

biden and Putin the pushers?

More execs expected to 'fall?

Old 09-05-2022, 09:48 AM

88,689 posts, read 85,015,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Exactly. My wife likes BBB. I couldn't care less about a company's politics except for maybe Disney which is run by fruitcakes and lunatics.

Michael Jordan had it right when he said that "Republicans buy sneakers too". He was accused of putting politics over principles by the hysterical ninnies on the left, but the last time I looked a company's bottom line didn't care who its customers voted for.
Same here. Although, if I knew they tormented animals, I probably would boycott them.

I don't care about Disney one way or another because I think the whole Disney thing is stupid to begin with. I last took my kid to WDW when she was 8, and I never ever have to go there again.

(She's 31 and just went to the CA Disneyland with her friends, lol, but that's her choice.)

Old 09-05-2022, 09:59 AM

24,550 posts, read 17,303,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I never even heard of Chick-fil-A until their kerfluffle in the news a few years, but it turned out there was one in the mall near me. A gay guy couple from my church were talking about it at coffee hour one day, and they just laughed and said they didn't care, they liked their chicken and were going to eat it anyway.

I guess if your product is good enough, nobody's going to worry too much about the political views of the owners.

Has Chik Fil A ever gone out of their way to Ban anyone or choose a side in Politics?

From my understanding the founders are Christians that believe that Sunday should be a day for worship and Family. It is refreshing to see in this corporate world that those eateries can close and still be profitable but I'm sure the employees really appreciate it.

In the chik fil a store near me most of the workers are Brazilian and they are traditionally religious and family oriented so it is perfect for them.

We have gay friends that love chik fil a. They do not see the religious base of the founders as any reason to boycott the place.

BBB picked sides when they tossed the MyPillow guy out because of his links to Trump and they lost business because of it.

I never liked shopping at BBB, it always felt like how the store was setup it was going to come down on top of me.

Oh well.

Old 09-05-2022, 10:21 AM

45,663 posts, read 27,282,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
They say business and politics don't mix. I don't know why some corporate executives don't heed that message and instead use their personal feelings on political issues to make "business decisions".

For all the grief that Chick-fil-A got over social issues their drive thru is constantly packed...even with this high inflation.
Hobby Lobby also stuck to their principals and they are still doing well considering the environment.
The presence of God in one's life is the balancing factor - which is the case for the CEOs of both of those companies.

Old 09-05-2022, 10:23 AM

88,689 posts, read 85,015,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Has Chik Fil A ever gone out of their way to Ban anyone or choose a side in Politics?
I don't know. As I already said, I don't know much about it except for the some noise in the news a few years ago about them supposedly being anti-gay, but as I said, my gay friends like the food and didn't care, so I suspect it was more of a media-driven "problem" than anything else.

Quote:
From my understanding the founders are Christians that believe that Sunday should be a day for worship and Family. It is refreshing to see in this corporate world that those eateries can close and still be profitable but I'm sure the employees really appreciate it.
My favorite local pizza place does the same thing. The sign on their door with the hours just says, "Closed Sundays--Family Day".

Plus look at all the businesses owned by observant Jews that are closed on Saturday for Shabbos. It's the owners' rights to do so.

Quote:
In the chik fil a store near me most of the workers are Brazilian and they are traditionally religious and family oriented so it is perfect for them.

We have gay friends that love chik fil a. They do not see the religious base of the founders as any reason to boycott the place.

BBB picked sides when they tossed the MyPillow guy out because of his links to Trump and they lost business because of it.

I never liked shopping at BBB, it always felt like how the store was setup it was going to come down on top of me.

Oh well.
Ah, that's the answer to my question as to what was political about BBB. This is the My Pillow thing that advertised on late-night TV? I didn't know that was political, either.

Well, thanks for the information...I guess. Stupid stuff, all of it, IMO.

Old 09-05-2022, 10:26 AM

7,970 posts, read 3,509,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
I am one of them. I "walk the walk, not just talk the talk". I have no problem boycotting a company and doing without THEIR product. There is always another company providing the same product, or I will do without........
I'm kind of in the middle. I don't care what a company's politics are but if they come right out and openly insult me I won't give them my money if I can help it. My wife used to love Penzey's spices but they became overtly political and insulting towards people who aren't leftists so she stopped buying their product.

Old 09-05-2022, 10:32 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,410,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't know. As I already said, I don't know much about it except for the some noise in the news a few years ago about them supposedly being anti-gay, but as I said, my gay friends like the food and didn't care, so I suspect it was more of a media-driven "problem" than anything else.

My favorite local pizza place does the same thing. The sign on their door with the hours just says, "Closed Sundays--Family Day".

Plus look at all the businesses owned by observant Jews that are closed on Saturday for Shabbos. It's the owners' rights to do so.

Ah, that's the answer to my question as to what was political about BBB. This is the My Pillow thing that advertised on late-night TV? I didn't know that was political, either.

Well, thanks for the information...I guess. Stupid stuff, all of it, IMO.
Mike Lindell was a successful business man at one time. He was actually the epitome of an American success story. Then he turned into a rambling maniac or maybe you could say he always was one. However he kept showing his ass and tried to venture into politics and it was a spectacular failure. It only got political when he made it so. Had he kept sane he would be much richer today.

He is from my home state and before he went off the deep end was sort of a hometown hero. Now he is a pariah. BBBY pulled his merchandise in an act of self defense.

Old 09-05-2022, 10:41 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,889,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Mike Lindell was a successful business man at one time. He was actually the epitome of an American success story. Then he turned into a rambling maniac or maybe you could say he always was one. However he kept showing his ass and tried to venture into politics and it was a spectacular failure. It only got political when he made it so. Had he kept sane he would be much richer today.

He is from my home state and before he went off the deep end was sort of a hometown hero. Now he is a pariah. BBBY pulled his merchandise in an act of self defense.
I will never forget the photo of Lindell standing outside at the White House waiting to see Trump while holding in his hands notes on how he believed Trump could fraudulently stay in office after losing the election. That, to me, was the moment he crossed the line and made himself a political target. He was--and still is, by the way--working to overthrow an election. And now his company is going under. He deserves every bad thing that happens to him.

Old 09-05-2022, 10:55 AM

10,515 posts, read 4,074,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
CFO falls from window.

Lukoil exec falls from window

biden and Putin the pushers?

More execs expected to 'fall?
Noticing the pattern too, huh? We are definitely in the dark ages now. People can bury their heads in the sand all they want, but the One World Order is definitely happening and it's not going to be a graceful transition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies