Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 07:08 AM

62,966 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
I lived in Poland for a few years. They don't care for outsiders very much and are pretty unapologetic about it. The American guy would get high fives from the Polish people.
I don't understand the pulling of the race card just because a country wants to retain their demographics and culture and not lose it via foreigners taking over.

However, in keeping with the topic it's rude to attack people in public just for their presence in a country. An American has not right to attack people in Poland whether that person is Polish or not.

Old 09-06-2022, 07:13 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,400,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't understand the pulling of the race card just because a country wants to retain their demographics and culture and not lose it via foreigners taking over.

However, in keeping with the topic it's rude to attack people in public just for their presence in a country.
I am just saying what my first hand experience in Poland was. Stating a fact isn't pulling a card. What I have stated is pretty common knowledge. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Old 09-06-2022, 07:29 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Performance art.

Not sure I really believe that this is real. Why didn't the Indian guy leave? Why was he moving around like he was bouncing off unseen walls?
I'm with you.

I can't place where; but, both those guys look very familiar to me.

Old 09-06-2022, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
I am just saying what my first hand experience in Poland was. Stating a fact isn't pulling a card. What I have stated is pretty common knowledge. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
My remark about racism wasn't directed at you. I merely replied to you because you stated that Poland doesn't like outsiders. Many if not most liberal leftists think that's racism. You didn't hurt my feelings nor did I intend to hurt yours or to imply that you are a racist. Sorry if you thought otherwise and took it personally as I didn't mean it that way.

Old 09-06-2022, 08:03 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The Mughal Empire (Islamic), was the really cruel Empire in terms of India.

The British were actually welcomed in comparison, and Britain, a naval power basically allowed the Indian's to largely rule themselves, whist the British Army never had more than 70,000 troops in a country that had a population of 400 million by 1947.

Hitler once stated that if the people of India collectively spat in the right direction, then the British would be gone.

The British did much to help improve India through irrigation, a vast rail system, and invested in ports and other infrastructure.

The British also stopped practices such as burying lepers alive or burning a wife on her husbands funeral pyre.

I don't agree that the British totally F'd over India, and Britain tended to be more interested in trade rather than anything else.

Today there are a lot of wealthy Indians in the UK, and the countries have maintained good relations.
Wrong answer.
Correct answer: white man bad

Old 09-06-2022, 08:13 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Wrong answer.
Correct answer: white man bad

That's the lib answer.

Whilst I wouldn't pretend that everything done in the name of the British Empire was good, the truth is a lot of it wasn't bad, especially when compared to other Empires including the Mughal's, and others.

Britain itself underwent a thousand years of invasion and foreign rule, from the Romans to the Anglo Saxons to the Viking Danes through to the Normans.

The country also saw off further invasion numerous times including in Spanish Armada (1588), the potential Armada of 1779 and Napoleon's subsequent planned invasion, as well as the more recent invasion German plans in relation to WW2 Operation Sealion (1940).

The British themselves suffered in relation to some quite bloodthirsty occupiers, and the British Empire by contrast, with the exception of the slave trade etc, which we were one of the first nations to outlaw, could be at times a positive force.

Last edited by Brave New World; 09-06-2022 at 08:24 AM..

Old 09-06-2022, 12:27 PM

3,157 posts, read 2,053,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Performance art.

Not sure I really believe that this is real. Why didn't the Indian guy leave? Why was he moving around like he was bouncing off unseen walls?
Why should he have to leave a public space he had every right to be in? Perhaps he was waiting for someone and even if he wasn't, it ain't that dude's business.

Old 09-06-2022, 12:31 PM

3,157 posts, read 2,053,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
My remark about racism wasn't directed at you. I merely replied to you because you stated that Poland doesn't like outsiders. Many if not most liberal leftists think that's racism. You didn't hurt my feelings nor did I intend to hurt yours or to imply that you are a racist. Sorry if you thought otherwise and took it personally as I didn't mean it that way.
Xenophobia is the answer in this case. And they absolutely have the right to feel however they want about their country, especially the people who actually live in Poland.

What they don't have the right to do (as you and others have rightfully said) is to verbally harass a man in public just for being Indian somewhere the ugly American didn't think he should be. That's wrong on every level.

Old 09-06-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Xenophobia is the answer in this case. And they absolutely have the right to feel however they want about their country, especially the people who actually live in Poland.

What they don't have the right to do (as you and others have rightfully said) is to verbally harass a man in public just for being Indian somewhere the ugly American didn't think he should be. That's wrong on every level.
I'm not sure the word xenophobia fits in Poland's case. It's not really a "fear" strangers as it is wanting to retain their identifying demographics, culture and language. It does make for a more united and cohesive society. Every country in the world should have the right to do that if they so choose. There are other countries in the world that feel that way to.

Old 09-06-2022, 03:15 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Ah yes the new proud 1488ers are steadily becoming more and more comfortable spreading their hate. Sad to see this type of stuff in both America and Europe towards yet another minority group.

We have to push back against this type of trash, hard.
Yes, all five of them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies