Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 12:41 AM

34,068 posts, read 17,102,875 times

Advertisements

I view this every 9-11. Never forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZIxFd5I280

Old 09-11-2022, 12:44 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,224,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

One of the best ads ever. One of the hardest anniversaries.

Old 09-11-2022, 05:01 AM

7,386 posts, read 3,539,248 times
i can’t stand all these 9/11 “tributes”. i lived 9/11, knew people who actually died that day…a few i went to high school with (living in norther nj). one of my close friends was in one of the towers on a lower floor, he got out luckily. so many didn’t. my best friend was there helping as a firefighter. i had immediate family who lived a few blocks from the towers and had to deal with the after effects of toxic dust.

in the days that immediately followed, there was mourning, but there was unity. it felt good knowing almost everyone was standing with America. people were waving the flag, being courteous and kind. it made me feel safe and secure knowing that there were good people out there doing good things when faced with tragedy.

now look at us. look how far we have strayed from that unity. we argue about stuff that we shouldn’t even be arguing about. it’s sad to see how divided we are. i don’t feel safe and secure. i don’t feel like people are backing America. on 9/11, we feared the Muslim world. today, we fear each other. who would have thought we would be destroying America from within. the terrorists are winning without lifting a finger

Old 09-11-2022, 05:20 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,148,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnj1960 View Post
i view this every 9-11. Never forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zixfd5i280
never forget, never forgive

Old 09-11-2022, 06:01 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:

I can't believe I have never seen this. Thank you.

Old 09-11-2022, 06:11 AM

6,136 posts, read 3,358,943 times
It’s kind of hard for me to get behind a 9/11 tribute of today, knowing that we just surrendered Afghanistan back to the very people who encouraged it in the first place.

I’ve spent years upon years in the AOR, so many deployments I can’t even count on both hands. All those hardships in extremely austere environments, for what exactly?

Numerous friends and teammates that gave the ultimate sacrifice, for what exactly?

It’s just a matter of time until they (Al Qaeda, ISIS-K, plus many others), strike the west. I suspect they will hit Europe first because it’s just a little easier.

When that ultimately happens, will leftists blame Biden? Of course not, they’ll look for a Republican scapegoat or just ignore it and let it fade into the news cycle.

Old 09-11-2022, 06:39 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,718,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
It’s kind of hard for me to get behind a 9/11 tribute of today, knowing that we just surrendered Afghanistan back to the very people who encouraged it in the first place.

I’ve spent years upon years in the AOR, so many deployments I can’t even count on both hands. All those hardships in extremely austere environments, for what exactly?

Numerous friends and teammates that gave the ultimate sacrifice, for what exactly?

It’s just a matter of time until they (Al Qaeda, ISIS-K, plus many others), strike the west. I suspect they will hit Europe first because it’s just a little easier.

When that ultimately happens, will leftists blame Biden? Of course not, they’ll look for a Republican scapegoat or just ignore it and let it fade into the news cycle.
I fully expect the next attack to be in the United States. Entering the country has never been easier, what with the administration not only allowing people in but shipping them to population centers across the United States. If one out of every hundred “asylum seekers” is a closet terrorist, there are already enough here to pull off coordinated attacks in multiple cities.

And, when it happens, you can be assured that the media will blame anything other than the porosity of the borders in their efforts to place responsibility.

Thank you for your service, and sorry the mental midgets on the left elected such an incompetent buffoon.

Old 09-11-2022, 06:43 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times
[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post

The “tribute” is for the victims, especially all the first responders — not the politicians or our government and it’s bad policies.
But I know how you feel about Afghanistan— a friend who served there just sent us this:

” If you find yourself feeling useless - - remember it took 20 years, trillions of dollars, and four U.S. presidents to replace the Taliban with the Taliban.

Old 09-11-2022, 06:53 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
i can’t stand all these 9/11 “tributes”. i lived 9/11, knew people who actually died that day…a few i went to high school with (living in norther nj). one of my close friends was in one of the towers on a lower floor, he got out luckily. so many didn’t. my best friend was there helping as a firefighter. i had immediate family who lived a few blocks from the towers and had to deal with the after effects of toxic dust.

in the days that immediately followed, there was mourning, but there was unity. it felt good knowing almost everyone was standing with America. people were waving the flag, being courteous and kind. it made me feel safe and secure knowing that there were good people out there doing good things when faced with tragedy.

now look at us. look how far we have strayed from that unity. we argue about stuff that we shouldn’t even be arguing about. it’s sad to see how divided we are. i don’t feel safe and secure. i don’t feel like people are backing America. on 9/11, we feared the Muslim world. today, we fear each other. who would have thought we would be destroying America from within. the terrorists are winning without lifting a finger
To me it's the ultimate virtue signal today.

Who can claim to be the most sad?

Who can claim the teeniest bit of connection to create a toehold to the details of the day? [I had a friend who lived near Logan airport where a terrorist plane took off, my cousin-in-law lived near the flight school when he was a baby, type nonsense].

I wait for the day when the news reports: 95% of NYS students can read! And the nation has a huge celebration and commemorates the day with BBQs and book giveaways and fireworks and read-a-longs.

But, no. Lets all dive into the depths of terror and depress ourselves instead. Much more productive.

Old 09-11-2022, 07:32 AM

9,519 posts, read 4,350,741 times
Quote:

Thank you for posting this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies