Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2022, 01:19 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
“Community” was in reference to any local Chick Fil A “in your area.” I’m my opinion.

There was nothing wrong with it. Insinuating and implying that only a black person would ask about a spicy chicken sandwich (or that community was referring to an entire race) is far more racist.

In the lefty endless pursuit of being a victim, they don’t understand the baseless projections they have to make.

If America was remotely as racist as the left claims, there would be ZERO black millionaires and billionaires here. They would’ve all left, yet they’ve only managed to move next to white people.
imagine if the person who tweeted lived in Vermont, and had no Chick-fil-A.

Old 09-12-2022, 01:28 PM

7,345 posts, read 3,812,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Correct.

It’s a battle of race hustling and profiteering. BLM made it popular.
Jesse Jackson is the OG in that game.

Long before BLM.

Old 09-12-2022, 01:51 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Jesse Jackson is the OG in that game.

Long before BLM.
Bingo. Don’t forget Sharpton who should’ve been in jail years ago for tax evasion. Those 2 losers been race baiting for $$$ for sOOO long.

Old 09-12-2022, 02:03 PM

7,345 posts, read 3,812,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo. Don’t forget Sharpton who should’ve been in jail years ago for tax evasion. Those 2 losers been race baiting for $$$ for sOOO long.
Sharpton came later, but he's of the same ilk, no doubt. What a loser.

I remember when Jackson went after the big tech companies. I had to laugh because the big tech companies were already learning woke, and here's Jackson telling them they need to hire more blacks. The problem was there are not a lot of black techies. When I was taking CS in the 80s, there were no blacks in the program. Just whites and Asians. Not a lot of women either.

In the end, the tech companies made large donations and put blacks into administrative positions. I understand most did not last long, but I think John W. Thompson was successful. Symantec made him CEO soon after the meeting with Jackson, but he was an old IBMer, so he had experience.

Old 09-12-2022, 05:11 PM

8,070 posts, read 12,779,194 times
"Your community" is racist? My take is that Chik-fil-a stated that when they offer a product like that, they will advertise it where available. How can that be racist? Chic-fil-A took a lot of heat from homosexuals in the past for their donations to organizations that aren't homosexual-friendly. Fair enough. They have changed their donation plans to avoid in the future but since then they have become a target and ANYTHING they do will be criticized.

Old 09-12-2022, 05:26 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
"Your community" is racist?
Complete nonsense, of course.

Chick-fil-a's tweet wasn't a "poor choice of words".

Many chains like this one, often have a certain item in some restaurants and not in others. They might have it in their San Diego restaurants but not in their Sacramento restaurants. Or they might have it in their Denver stores but not in their Syracuse stores. etc. etc. They might even have it in their stores in the eastern part of a town, but not in the western.

That's what this tweet sounds like to me. A customer tweeted, “grilled spicy deluxe but still noooo spicy nuggets…………@ChickfilA…..”

Did this customer check in any other Chick-fil-a stores in his town?

Chick-fil-A responded, “Your community will be the first to know if spicy items are added to the permanent menu, Don!”

"Your community" refers to where you live.

Chick-fil-a didn't make any mistakes. Nor did the customer who sent in the initial tweet.

The only mistakes made, were by the usual collection of whiners who spend their lives trying to find things to be offended by.[/quote]

Old 09-12-2022, 05:33 PM

3,336 posts, read 2,138,222 times
I took the response in question (with related context) to mean the "community" that wants legitimately "spicy" food offerings. I'm not delving further into this 'incident' as I can already feel my IQ being threatened by mind-numbing absurdity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies