Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2022, 10:33 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,449,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Again, are pain meds used for the sole purpose of intentionally killing patients?
  • Yes, pain meds are used for the sole purpose of intentionally killing patients.
  • No, pain meds cannot be used for the sole purpose of intentionally killing patients.
You want a simple question? There you go.
I've already told you yes.

Old 09-19-2022, 10:34 AM

17,442 posts, read 14,675,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
My family and friends call the nurses who administer these drugs angels of mercy.

No murder charges being filed anywhere I see around the multiple hospitals in multiple cities where this happens.
Then they're the Angels of Death.

Because end of life/hospice pain management is never supposed to be given in a dosage high enough to hasten death.

You are very mistaken.

Old 09-19-2022, 10:35 AM

17,442 posts, read 14,675,944 times
Quote:
I've already told you yes.
Then you're talking about assisted suicide.

Old 09-19-2022, 10:37 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,881,102 times
Quote:
My family and friends call the nurses who administer these drugs angels of mercy.

No murder charges being filed anywhere I see around the multiple hospitals in multiple cities where this happens.
This was how my father passed. He had no chance of recovery. We had a cryptic discussion with his medical team and were in the room as it happened. He had a peaceful passing because of it. But of course, nothing was implicitly stated because it couldn't be.

Old 09-19-2022, 10:45 AM

3,289 posts, read 1,423,067 times
Quote:
Are the pain meds used exclusively to intentionally kill the person?

Abortion has 1 purpose: To kill.
You know very well that the issue in question is far more complicated than what you are trying to make it. Your attempts to simplify this only show your complete inflexibility and lack of understanding and compassion for all of the parties involved in an abortion decision. It is fine to be pro-life. I get it….it is not unreasonable to see how people can find themselves on that side of the issue. Given the complexities of life and the infinite number of individual circumstances associated with reproductive issues, people can come to the very reasonable conclusion that these matters should be left up to the individuals involved. Making statements like “abortion has 1 purpose: to kill” is a blatant attempt to demonize those you disagree with and put yourself on some sort of morally superior pedestal. It is clear to everyone here….you don’t belong up there.

Old 09-19-2022, 10:48 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,881,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
You know very well that the issue in question is far more complicated than what you are trying to make it. Your attempts to simplify this only show your complete inflexibility and lack of understanding and compassion for all of the parties involved in an abortion decision. It is fine to be pro-life. I get it….it is not unreasonable to see how people can find themselves on that side of the issue. Given the complexities of life and the infinite number of individual circumstances associated with reproductive issues, people can come to the very reasonable conclusion that these matters should be left up to the individuals involved. Making statements like “abortion has 1 purpose: to kill” is a blatant attempt to demonize those you disagree with and put yourself on some sort of morally superior pedestal. It is clear to everyone here….you don’t belong up there.
I wanted to rep you for this but apparently I've given you too many already. But this is spot on.

Old 09-19-2022, 10:52 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,959,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Abortion has 1 purpose and only 1 purpose: to kill. That's it. That's all an abortion does.

That is not a moral or subjective statement. It is not euphemistic or unclear. It's not a pedestal in any way, shape or form.

That statement is 100% accurate.

It's a fact.

Anyone who denies the absolute and simple TRUTH of that statement? Doesn't know what an abortion is. And if it makes anyone feel demonized for supporting abortion ... they should think about why.

Old 09-19-2022, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This was how my father passed. He had no chance of recovery. We had a cryptic discussion with his medical team and were in the room as it happened. He had a peaceful passing because of it. But of course, nothing was implicitly stated because it couldn't be.
Exactly. Pretty common from my own personal experience as well as being in the waiting room to support other families making the same decision and hearing about stories from friends/family after it happens.

All it takes is the doc to write a prescription for the morphine to be delivered as needed and a nurse willing to administer it.

Old 09-19-2022, 10:59 AM

3,289 posts, read 1,423,067 times
Quote:
Abortion has 1 purpose and only 1 purpose: to kill. That's it. That's all an abortion does.

That is not a moral or subjective statement. It is not euphemistic or unclear. It's not a pedestal in any way, shape or form.

That statement is 100% accurate.

It's a fact.

Anyone who denies the absolute and simple TRUTH of that statement? Doesn't know what an abortion is. And if it makes anyone feel demonized for supporting abortion ... they should think about why.
It we all only had your moral sensibilities, oh what a wonderful world it would be.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Then you're talking about assisted suicide.
It wasn't legally assisted suicide where I have seen it happen. Although, that would certainly qualify as another example of a time when medical care is delivered solely to kill someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies