Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 11:05 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times

Advertisements

https://theconversation.com/us-is-be...quality-190486

The full report and rankings:

https://dashboards.sdgindex.org/rankings

One of the reasons? As The Economist reports, it is a flawed democracy, and got worse with the denial of the 2020 election results. Racism, inequality, poor education standards, are just some of the 17 metrics used that the USA fails in.

What ever happened to what used to be a country that excelled in most areas? Populist politicians now appeal to the lowest common denominator, science is denigrated and higher education is bashed.

Old 09-15-2022, 11:36 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
No mention of the dementia patient running the country on that list of reasons why??? Turning a blind eye to the elephant in the room I see...

And nobody is wrecking science more than lefties with their gender is a spectrum garbage, men can get pregnant and on and on the insanity goes. If I neuter my male dog, it's still a male. That rule doesn't change just because you think humans are special. They are not. They are another biological organism and the same rules of science apply.

And if you want people to believe in your elections, stop behaving like you are guilty of stealing elections by going after people who dare question the results. There have always been people questioning elections since elections were a thing. Get used to it. It's not going to change because of your sensitive snowflake feelings.

Teddy Roosevelt was a populist and a great president. Nobody cares what a bunch of butt hurt lefties think about populism and the desire to build a strong, prosperous and wealthy nation.

Old 09-15-2022, 11:56 AM

29,498 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

One of the reasons? As The Economist reports, it is a flawed democracy, and got worse with the denial of the 2020 election results. Racism, inequality, poor education standards, are just some of the 17 metrics used that the USA fails in.

What ever happened to what used to be a country that excelled in most areas? Populist politicians now appeal to the lowest common denominator, science is denigrated and higher education is bashed.
That is hilarious. The degradation of this country has been cultivating for 40 or 50 years, long before Trump and those crazy MAGA people.

When we let crony capitalism run rampant, an ever growing government, uncontrolled government spending, basing decisions on emotion, not facts, handing out participation trophies, and embracing mediocrity or lower over striving to excel, this is what we get.
Add to that the constant ping pong game we have with our two party system, it's virtually impossible to actually progress.

The statement "United we stand, divided we fall" is no truer than now. And this proves it. Although, I'm sure that statement is now racist, exclusive, micro aggressive or something now...

Old 09-15-2022, 12:03 PM

6,121 posts, read 3,347,968 times
Crime is out of control in the affordable areas, and the cost of living is out of control in the nice areas.

If you are wealthy, and have the means to avoid the bad areas, life in the US is wonderful.

If you don’t have the money, it’s an absolute Hell on earth.

But here is the real question: If you had the means and ability to live in another country, even if you are wealthy, why would you choose to keep living in the US? There are so many better countries to live in around the world.

Old 09-15-2022, 12:27 PM

5,935 posts, read 2,762,114 times
We're a de-developing country.

We're struggling to keep the lights on when it gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

Old 09-15-2022, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
No mention of the dementia patient running the country on that list of reasons why??? Turning a blind eye to the elephant in the room I see...

And nobody is wrecking science more than lefties with their gender is a spectrum garbage, men can get pregnant and on and on the insanity goes. If I neuter my male dog, it's still a male. That rule doesn't change just because you think humans are special. They are not. They are another biological organism and the same rules of science apply.

And if you want people to believe in your elections, stop behaving like you are guilty of stealing elections by going after people who dare question the results. There have always been people questioning elections since elections were a thing. Get used to it. It's not going to change because of your sensitive snowflake feelings.

Teddy Roosevelt was a populist and a great president. Nobody cares what a bunch of butt hurt lefties think about populism and the desire to build a strong, prosperous and wealthy nation.
You state opinions. I linked to factual metrics. Did you even try to understand them?

Old 09-15-2022, 12:39 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
You state opinions. I linked to factual metrics. Did you even try to understand them?

You provided the opinions of The Economist, which was hypercritical of Trump while he was president. Of course they are blaming him for all the negative stuff happening now. The Economist's political alignment is described by Wikipedia (also left) as "economic liberalism", "social liberalism" and "radical centrism".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Economist

I remember well how they ragged on Trump non stop when he was president. They weren't praising the positive economic numbers nor any of the good news of the day. I guess we can't have any good times according to the Economist unless they say it's ok, and their desired candidate is installed.

Old 09-15-2022, 12:48 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:

It's a shame that you swallow this stuff hook line and sinker without even trying to look at the categories and commenting upon if they're even fair or accurately judged.

But yes, no question that the UN would come up with arbitrary or vague categories and weights that put all the Euro countries near the top of the pile lol.

Old 09-15-2022, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
You provided the opinions of The Economist, which was hypercritical of Trump while he was president. Of course they are blaming him for all the negative stuff happening now. The Economist's political alignment is described by Wikipedia (also left) as "economic liberalism", "social liberalism" and "radical centrism".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Economist

I remember well how they ragged on Trump non stop when he was president. They weren't praising the positive economic numbers nor any of the good news of the day. I guess we can't have any good times according to the Economist unless they say it's ok, and their desired candidate is installed.
This has nothing to do with Trump, Biden, Obama, Bush or Clinton, except for the denial of the 2020 election... that's on Trump. The rest is a long-term decline in so many areas, including education. The 21st century should belong to the USA, like the 20th was, but it will belong to China, and later on, India.

Old 09-15-2022, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's a shame that you swallow this stuff hook line and sinker without even trying to look at the categories and commenting upon if they're even fair or accurately judged.

But yes, no question that the UN would come up with arbitrary or vague categories and weights that put all the Euro countries near the top of the pile lol.
Are you denying that racism, inequality, and poor education standards do not exist in the USA, or that they are worse than in many other countries?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies