Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 03:46 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,025,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It seems like he believes he did a service. Ran him down and called the cops to let them know.

The president of the nation called conservatives extremists and saying that they are an existential threat to the nation. 80% of Democrats are on board with that messaging. This is the result.

Democrats continually ruin people's lives by stoking them to these types of actions. A teen is killed, and a man will get jailtime. Biden is still the president.
Has Biden came out and spoke about this horrible tragedy yet? I'm sure he will condemn this hateful act of left wing violence against a promising young man. I'm sure his handlers are preparing something for him to say as I type. I'll be patient...........

This thread is eerily quiet with no commentary from our resident leftists. Talk about a kryptonite thread!

Just disgusting. If I was a democrat I'd be ashamed and sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2022, 03:51 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Has Biden came out and spoke about this horrible tragedy yet? I'm sure he will condemn this hateful act of left wing violence against a promising young man. I'm sure his handlers are preparing something for him to say as I type. I'll be patient...........

This thread is eerily quiet with no commentary from our resident leftists. Talk about a kryptonite thread!

The white supremacy argument has evaporated like the morning dew on the grass.

It was a white guy that did this, right?

Old 09-22-2022, 09:06 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Anecdotally I'm seeing leftists on twitter comparing this guy to Kyle Rittenhouse. I didn't know logic could be twisted so obscenely as to make such a comparison sound valid in one's own mind.
Lets be honest here-leftists aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed.

Old 09-22-2022, 10:36 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Trespassers from Jan6 in solitary confinement for months but this monster is walking the streets again. That's modern justice for you!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...rvative-views/

"Shannon Brandt was released on $50,000 bond on Tuesday. Brandt was charged with vehicular homicide and leaving the scene of a deadly accident.
According to Townhall, Brandt posted bond and is back on the streets.
The 41-year-old killer also started scrubbing his social media."

Yes this link is to Gateway Pundit. I've yet to see a MSM source for this but anyone who sees one feel free to post it. Thanks!
The court document said Brandt told investigators he had been drinking alcohol before striking Ellingson and thought the teen was calling people to do him harm after they argued and that he felt threatened.

Well, he was in his freaking SUV, wasn't he??!!! If the person on foot threatens you, then you simply drive the **** away, threat resolved.

Old 09-22-2022, 10:43 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

Well to be fair, there are a lot more reasons to be ashamed if the Democratic Party. There's the fact that they were the slave party, they created the KKK, the invented Jim Crow laws, favored racial segregation in our schools in the past, and still do so today, they filibustered the Civil Rights Act, and elected Joe Biden. At least Brandt does not represent Democrat voters, but the people who did all of the above were elected by and endorsed by Decorator voters.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:07 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'm curious, was the Charlottesville driver let out on $5k bond?
You win this thread.

You know the answer.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:07 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
It's getting hardly any play on any most of the main stream networks.

I think we can expect a lot of this type of "reporting" (or non-reporting) until November is over.

The precedent was set with Hunter's laptop. When we get close to election time, the mainstream media will not report stories that shed a negative light on democrats. This is the new normal.

Journalism is officially dead.

We are left with only propagandists in it's wake. We now have state run media just like Iran, China, and Russia. Yay lefties! You win!

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 09-23-2022 at 07:21 AM..

Old 09-23-2022, 07:14 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,068,020 times
Nothing makes sense my heart is broken for this young man. I wonder if justice will be done? But when it comes to the left killing a republicans;I can it doesn’t get attention. He was a kid who had a long life in front of him and in a moment was silenced for life. Yet this killer walks around worried about his family, his house, job…why isn't he in jail for murder. Be careful if you live anywhere near him …

Old 09-23-2022, 07:38 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It's getting hardly any play on any most of the main stream networks.

I think we can expect a lot of this type of "reporting" (or non-reporting) until November is over.

The precedent was set with Hunter's laptop. When we get close to election time, the mainstream media will not report stories that shed a negative light on democrats. This is the new normal.

Journalism is officially dead.

We are left with only propagandists in it's wake. We now have state run media just like Iran, China, and Russia. Yay lefties! You win!
the two highlighted statements kind of contradict each other. the second one is the more accurate of the two.

this is the new normal, and nothing will change when november is over. stories that would be headline news for weeks if the victim/perpetrator roles were leftist/conservative will continue to be ignored by the deMSM.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:44 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Using Google no less, I found the story here:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/shannon...-north-dakota/

Also see that CNN and FOX covered it from the same search.

If you're going to claim it's not being covered and that google is hiding it etc. then quite simply include a link to the google search you did. We keep getting these claims and they keep turning out to be exaggerations.

Please note, I 100% agree that there are stories that are either not covered or very little or a lot because the news orgs are ratings chasing. I've been posting on this forum since years past about the black serial killer of white men in KC and how CNN never covered the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies