Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 03:31 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times

Advertisements

Well! Folks need to be accurate in their service claims.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Campaigning for a northwestern Ohio congressional seat, Republican J.R. Majewski presents himself as an Air Force combat veteran who deployed to Afghanistan after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, once describing “tough” conditions including a lack of running water that forced him to go more than 40 days without a shower.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...db6_story.html

It turns out that Majewski spent 6 months unloading planes in Qatar, not fighting in a war zone.

Now, I know this is small potatoes, but we see conservatives jawing each time a Democratic candidate has any charges against him or her, so here it is!

Quote:
Majewski’s account of his time in the military is just one aspect of his biography that is suspect. His post-military career has been defined by exaggerations, conspiracy theories, talk of violent action against the U.S. government and occasional financial duress.
https://www.cleveland.com/news/2022/...y-service.html

Majewski has not directly explained the differences in his claims vs. the record.

Old 09-21-2022, 03:33 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Does stuff like this matter after Richard Blumenthal was elected as a Democrat to the Senate in Connecticut? He lied about serving in Vietnam for decades and still sits in the Senate.

Old 09-21-2022, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Does stuff like this matter after Richard Blumenthal was elected as a Democrat to the Senate in Connecticut? He lied about serving in Vietnam for decades and still sits in the Senate.
Yes. All Majewski has to recommend him is his claim about military service. And, of course, he was at the Capitol January 6 with the Qanon folks. No wonder Trump likes him.

Old 09-21-2022, 03:54 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Democrats are turning little boys into girls, and ruining our energy production among many other misdeeds. I will endure the "small potatoes" for now.

You obviously are OK with Rep. Swalwell sleeping with a Chinese spy. Why should this even REALLY matter to you?

Old 09-21-2022, 03:59 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
If I get a quarter every time an Airman exaggerates what he did in Iraq or Astan, I’d be a millionaire.

Regardless, Majewski is still better than the current Houseplant in Chief who avoided the draft during Vietnam War after playing college football at the University of Delaware. At least Majewski volunteered for military service.

Old 09-21-2022, 04:02 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
Wow - just finished reading this. How did he think no one would check this out?

Old 09-21-2022, 04:26 PM

1,138 posts, read 449,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
If I get a quarter every time an Airman exaggerates what he did in Iraq or Astan, I’d be a millionaire.

Regardless, Majewski is still better than the current Houseplant in Chief who avoided the draft during Vietnam War after playing college football at the University of Delaware. At least Majewski volunteered for military service.
Isn't that a fact. I have met hundreds of Navy Seals, Green Beret and snipers. I bet 90% were BS artist.

I don't know why fishermen add weight to fish, deer hunters as size to deer antlers and military guys BS about their duty, but it is hardly the same as the blatant lies of those that never served.

Right now I am more concerned with gas, food, inflation and border security. Libs can whine about Trump and this guy puffing his service record all they want. But, I notice they never mention the damage they did to America by getting biden in office and Trump out.

Old 09-21-2022, 04:28 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Well! Folks need to be accurate in their service claims.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...db6_story.html

It turns out that Majewski spent 6 months unloading planes in Qatar, not fighting in a war zone.

Now, I know this is small potatoes, but we see conservatives jawing each time a Democratic candidate has any charges against him or her, so here it is!

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2022/...y-service.html

Majewski has not directly explained the differences in his claims vs. the record.
Why doesn’t he just explain the misunderstanding.
If he misled the public then he should apologize. No big deal. Veterans do exaggerate- it’s not rare.

Old 09-21-2022, 04:32 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
Well, this is unfortunate, and he should explain what happened, so that voters can decide accordingly.

However, if I lived in that district, I’d still support him over some piece of garbage Democrat especially after everything Democrats have done to this country over the past ~1.5 years.

Old 09-21-2022, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Why doesn’t he just explain the misunderstanding.
If he misled the public then he should apologize. No big deal. Veterans do exaggerate- it’s not rare.
His whole candidacy is based on him being an Air Force veteran. He's not going to explain about or apologize for his exaggerations. Where are the 'Stolen Valor' folks?

Quote:
“It bothers me when people trade on their military service to get elected to office when what they are doing is misleading the people they want to vote for them,” Don Christensen, a retired Air Force colonel, said of Majewski . “When you claim to have done what your brothers and sisters in arms actually did to build up your reputation, it is a disservice.”
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...litary-service
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies