Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 07:16 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Enforcement of the law is not difficult.
It is when the criminals outnumber (and out reproduce) the cops. It is when political correctness outweighs common sense. This murder rate didn't happen overnight, it's been happening for decades.

The only solution is stop and frisk and a massive police presence. You must flood these areas with cops (and national guard troops) if you want the criminals to stop shooting up their neighborhoods.

Criminals don't care about about how many people will die every weekend (and they reproduce faster than you can arrest them). You must get your butt on the street to stop them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2022, 08:38 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Totally unprovoked in an upscale area of the city? Yikes!
As a Cincinnati cop friend of mine says quite often: Criminals are mobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Yes, and notice how it’s almost completely omitted from the Evening Nightly News. Lester Holt mentioned nothing of it.
If every murder in every city in the United States was mentioned on the national news, the broadcast would be 12 hours long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I think everyone here above room temperature IQ knows that you as an individual has no control over these events.
What I believe Green Mariner is trying to tell us is that every time the black community is generalized, that generalization affects each member of the black community, whether or not an individual fits the generalization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Crazy incident. Another completely random shooting. Sad that a teen just gets out of football practice and is killed.
I don't believe that one was random; those football players were targeted by the shooters, according to the video I've seen.

Yes, it is sad. Kids can't be kids.

Old 09-30-2022, 08:51 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
Philadelphia DA Krasner says his policies work despite 1,000 killed in a 20 month period.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/philly-d...165657984.html

Just another city in Soros DA world

Old 09-30-2022, 09:37 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Philadelphia could use Michael Nutter right now.

Old 09-30-2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
As a Cincinnati cop friend of mine says quite often: Criminals are mobile.
I agree with this. Criminals will do whatever it takes to get theirs. I fell victim to a violent crime one night when I was in college. Some thugs jumped me and strong-arm robbed me. This wasn't an inner-city ghetto. This was in the suburbs. The thugs who did that to me drove up on me were riding in a beat-up car.

At the time, I was running into college students who are adamantly against public transportation, claiming it would bring in the crime. What is to stop some thug from stealing a car from a bad neighborhood and then robbing homes in wealthier zip codes?

Quote:
If every murder in every city in the United States was mentioned on the national news, the broadcast would be 12 hours long.
If every murder was mentioned in the national news, there would be no time to talk about anything else.

Quote:
What I believe Green Mariner is trying to tell us is that every time the black community is generalized, that generalization affects each member of the black community, whether or not an individual fits the generalization.
Thank you!!
Making generalizations about Black people as a whole is not fair to Black individuals. It affects those who don't fit such generalizations for this reason. If the shoe doesn't fit, why is everyone being given the same shoe?

Such generalizations are accusatory and unfair to those who don't fit such generalizations.

Quote:
I don't believe that one was random; those football players were targeted by the shooters, according to the video I've seen.

Yes, it is sad. Kids can't be kids.
One thing I have always wondered is how many kids living in rough, inner city ghettos are dealing with stuff like PTSD or other trauma related issues.

Old 09-30-2022, 03:08 PM

2,045 posts, read 786,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

The point you're missing is that this would be national news if it was white person hunting for and executing a black person.

This story doesn't fit the mythical racism/white supremacy narrative, though.

Old 09-30-2022, 03:13 PM

Quote:
I agree with this. Criminals will do whatever it takes to get theirs. I fell victim to a violent crime one night when I was in college. Some thugs jumped me and strong-arm robbed me. This wasn't an inner-city ghetto. This was in the suburbs. The thugs who did that to me drove up on me were riding in a beat-up car.
The neighborhood where this happened isn't exactly 'upscale' ... and it's real close to the ghetto.

Old 09-30-2022, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Some politicians look at fewer police as the solution. What is needed is....
1) Better trained police officers. Police are supposed to de-escalate situations. Police officers should be held to the same behalf standards or better, that we hold civilians to.
2) Community policing. I'm not saying we should require police officers to live in the neighborhood they police. They should, however, introduce themselves to the neighborhood. Get to know the residents, and the residents know those officers.
3) Pay the police better. Police work isn't easy work. Police officers should get paid better.
4) Police should always have working body cameras on them at all times. This way, we don't have "shoot first and ask questions later " attitude in terms of police incidents. We'll know what happened.

We also need THE LAW TO BE ENFORCED. We don't need fewer police officers or an oversized police presence. We need smart policing, better training, better pay for said officers, a higher standard for the police. We need the law to be enforced. Enforcement of the law is not difficult.
How about when the cops lock up a violent criminal they stay locked up?

How about thieves and vandals do actual prison time?

The soft on crime approach obviously isn't working.

Old 09-30-2022, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
The neighborhood where this happened isn't exactly 'upscale' ... and it's real close to the ghetto.
The point was this. And it's something I should have learned a long time ago. Criminals can travel to commit their crimes. It happened to me. I was several miles away from the nearly ghetto area, and I still became a victim of violent crime. The thugs who did it drove to the area they wanted to hit. This wasn't densely populated Philadelphia. This was the suburbs of Atlanta. And the person I responded to was speaking about something told by a Cincinnati police officer. Sometimes you don't have to be in the inner city for crime to reach you.

Old 09-30-2022, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
How about when the cops lock up a violent criminal they stay locked up?

How about thieves and vandals do actual prison time?

The soft on crime approach obviously isn't working.
Look at the bottom paragraph. I covered that part. I don't get you. All I've seen out of you is just hostility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies