Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 12:41 PM

7,368 posts, read 3,529,717 times

Advertisements

I disagree with democrats on the following issues

- free tuition for illegal immigrants / driver licenses and other perks for illegal immigrants
- not enforcing immigration laws
- defund the police, cashless bail, other policies that are pro-criminal
- advocating violence, rioting, looting when it comes to police incidents
- militarization of federal agencies, lack of support for local law enforcement
- energy policies that are unrealistic
- desire to abolish statehood and constitution
- advocating and normalizing gender reassignment surgery for minors
- being against self defense, castle doctrine, gun rights
- the nanny state covid response
- unlimited supply of money to Ukraine
- divisive rhetoric based on sex, race, socioeconomic class
- using the hand of government to ban or restrict things they personally disagree with
- never satisfied, always want to push further left
- the philosophy that laws will change the climate
- their low key racism
- indebtedness to the corporatists

i will also never forget what the left has done to states such as NJ, CA, NY

as for republicans , i can’t stand

- their abortion stance
- they are completely ineffective
- their lack of offensive
- the evangelical wing
- wanting to ban books
- their rejection of lgbT+

when i made this list, i think it is interesting to note that although my list is longer for the democrats, it is merely disagreement towards them opposed to feelings of disgust at republicans. conclusion: republicans are not very likable, have made huge mis-steps, and have done a good job turning off the American people, but i just can’t ignore all the destructive policy on the left side. they better nominate someone good, or it’s all over for them as an electable party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2022, 02:59 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
You forgot to add, paying off student loans, to your list.

The Dems list is long restrictive and destructive to America and the average citizen and LEGAL Immigrant.

Many of the things on the Democrat list will make you a victim and possible kill you where as on the Republican list they want to save babies.

The Dems are hurting us.
The Reps are hurting themselves.

Old 09-28-2022, 04:24 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
You forgot to add, paying off student loans, to your list.

The Dems list is long restrictive and destructive to America and the average citizen and LEGAL Immigrant.

Many of the things on the Democrat list will make you a victim and possible kill you where as on the Republican list they want to save babies.

The Dems are hurting us.
The Reps are hurting themselves.
We could make the Republican list a lot longer if you like.

Old 09-28-2022, 04:33 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I disagree with democrats on the following issues

- their abortion stance
- the evangelical wing
I find these all greatly related to each other. abortion is murder and that breaks a commandment.
The issues i have with the evangelical wing are preachers that don't preach the bible and the kids of many are some of the most misbehaved Ive ever seen(no, "not all", but many)

You also put "their ineffectiveness" under Republican which I think belongs under Democrat as we are seeing under this trifecta disaster: southern border crisis, 40 year high inflation, soft on crime(unless it involves their political enemies).
Their lack of offense is true, likely because the majority of media is mostly slanted Left and they wont get fair coverage(the hypocritical double standard of this is on display literally everyday and is well documented)

Old 09-28-2022, 04:39 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times
It sounds like you’re center-right. Blue state republicans like Lee Zeldin, Cathy McMorris-Rodgers, Charlie Baker, Dr Oz, etc. hold very similar views. We had something like 50 republicans vote to codify same sex marriage, the party has really come around on that issue as our society has become less religious. Mainstream Dems didn’t support same sex marriage as little as 12 years ago. Obama and Clinton didn’t support it until after the 2008 election. Hold your nose and vote Republican to stop the laundry list of destructive things the Democrats are doing?

Old 09-28-2022, 04:45 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quick response to your title -- not your post....problem with both parties.....the voters.

Tribal politics is not good.

Old 09-28-2022, 06:24 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,399,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
We could make the Republican list a lot longer if you like.
Okay add gun nuts.

Old 09-28-2022, 07:02 PM

6,104 posts, read 2,725,398 times
The case is neither party works for you nor me they work for their corporate donors. special interests.

Old 09-28-2022, 07:13 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
You might like to hear that, as a Democrat, I actually agree with you on some of the things you dislike about Democrats.

However, could you please provide some evidence of. for instance, Democrat leaders advocating violence, rioting, looting when it comes to police incidents, or announcing a desire to abolish statehood and constitution? You do need to distinguish between what a stray Democrat may say, as opposed to the real goals of Democratic leaders.

I'm also puzzled at your claiming that Democrats are using the government to ban or restrict things they personally disagree with, when the most obvious examples of that are Republicans - attacking abortion, for instance. Similarly, it's Republicans who are more tied to corporate masters, although certainly both sides are guilty.

Old 09-28-2022, 09:07 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post

- their abortion stance
- they are completely ineffective
- their lack of offensive
- the evangelical wing
- wanting to ban books

when i made this list, i think it is interesting to note that although my list is longer for the democrats, it is merely disagreement towards them opposed to feelings of disgust at republicans. conclusion: republicans are not very likable, have made huge mis-steps, and have done a good job turning off the American people, but i just can’t ignore all the destructive policy on the left side. they better nominate someone good, or it’s all over for them as an electable party.
As a former Republican (I'm no longer registered as one since January 2020), I would like to answer to those:

abortion stance - we will never agree then. That is a life. It is an innocent life. The majority of abortions have absolutely nothing at all to do with 'safety of the mother'.

completely ineffective - because most of them are RINOs. It's one of the major reasons I changed my registration.

lack of offensive - because most of them are RINOs. It's one of the major reasons I changed my registration.

the evangelical wing - do you mean the TBN evangelical types, or just anyone who is religious? Because there is a big difference. The TBN evangelical types don't even teach the Bible properly, and LIE to people to get money (donations, send in money so that God will answer your prayers) and they don't represent me.

wanting to ban books - you need to put that right on the democrat list, as well.

indebtedness to corporatists - you need to put that right on the democrat list, as well.

rejection of lgbT+ - I do not 'reject' lgb, nor do I care much about T, EXCEPT when I'm being asked to pretend there are 100s of genders, asked to pretend that a male who has done nothing more than say, "I feel like a female, therefore, I am, and am going to compete in women's sports, and use the ladies rooms/locker rooms", is 'acceptable'. It. Is. NOT! Nor do I accept when someone looks like a damn man, so I address them as such, being told that I'm a 'bigot', and people want to destroy my life over it. No. If you aren't even going to shave your damn face and make an attempt to even look like a female, since you claim you 'feel' like one, then I'm going to call you out for the phony that you are. And, for the 10th time, I ask, 'WHAT, exactly, does it mean to "feel" like a female? What the hell does that even mean to these people?

And above all of that, I will NEVER be quiet about adults going after children and telling them that they are 'confused' about who they are. They are kids. One week, they think they are dinosaurs. The next week, they are a super hero. They are kids! Leave them the hell alone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies