Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 07:40 AM

17,346 posts, read 12,301,200 times

Advertisements

Pollution of so called “forever chemicals” are a culprit as well.
Gender Fluidity and Hormone Disruptors
Hormone-disrupting chemicals may increase gender dysphoria.

If definitively proven, I wonder if there is enough worldwide will to do something about it given how much they are in…everything these days.

Old 09-30-2022, 07:41 AM

17,020 posts, read 12,623,319 times
What percent of trans have actual PHYSICAL issues of nonconformity?
vs
Mental/emotional nonconformity.

Old 09-30-2022, 07:50 AM

17,346 posts, read 12,301,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
vs

The mental nonconformity can be physical as well…
https://health.clevelandclinic.org/r...ould-know/amp/

“We know that as an embryo forms, the genitalia specializes into either male or female. But what about development in the brain?

“The brain and the body can go in different directions,” Dr. Altinay says. “Gender is not only in our genitalia; there’s something in the brain that determines gender.”

“The male and female brain have structural differences,” he says. Men and women tend to have different volumes in certain areas of the brain.

“When we look at the transgender brain, we see that the brain resembles the gender that the person identifies as,” Dr. Altinay says. For example, a person who is born with a penis but ends up identifying as a female often actually has some of the structural characteristics of a “female” brain.

And the brain similarities aren’t only structural.

“We’re also finding some functional similarities between the transgender brain and its identified gender,” Dr. Altinay says.”

Old 09-30-2022, 08:03 AM

37,497 posts, read 61,517,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
vs
I do not know.

Among those I have met, they are NOT XX, nor are they XY. Their bodies do not produce the 'normal' hormones to maintain the appearance of either gender.

No matter what they do, they will require life long artificial hormones to maintain the resemblance of a 'normal' gender. Regardless of how the surgeon attempted to re-assign them at birth.

And yes, they clearly have mental issues.

Though I wonder, how much of those mental issues are because they live in a society where people
[like VikingsToValhalla] insist they simply do not exist. Or who insist that they must conform to the gender norms a plastic surgeon assigned to them.

I have heard many stories where parents so wanted a boy, they were able to find a doctor who could transform their baby into something that appears to be a boy, along with 20 years of hormone prescriptions. But when that surgically altered 'boy' reaches adulthood. They are not happy with the assignment.

Old 09-30-2022, 08:16 AM

6,716 posts, read 3,011,333 times
Whenever these come up someone always brings up hermaphrodites and such. Nobody, ever, has been referring to them.

That is a rare and known occurrence. They are the exception.

The majority if not all of the pushback has been against perfectly biologically men or women, or better yet, 'kids', who are being coerced, whether by parents, social media pressure, or government guidelines , or irresponsibly having surgery.

Those newborns with the real biological issues at birth obviously deserve medical support.

Old 09-30-2022, 08:37 AM

24,035 posts, read 15,140,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Pollution of so called “forever chemicals” are a culprit as well.
Gender Fluidity and Hormone Disruptors
Hormone-disrupting chemicals may increase gender dysphoria.

If definitively proven, I wonder if there is enough worldwide will to do something about it given how much they are in…everything these days.
No real studies will ever be done. They will stop with the frogs.

IMO, our better living through corporate produced chemistry way of life will always take priority over the safety and well being of humans.

There are cultures worldwide that have recognized more than 2 genders for hundreds of years. Some NA cultures still do.

IMO, the prevalence in the last 25 years or so is environmental.

Old 09-30-2022, 09:09 AM

1,082 posts, read 1,915,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
A hermaphrodite is simply a human who suffered some defects at birth that affected their genitalia, making their genitals appear to have both male & female characteristics.

Every human is born either XX or XY, I'm not aware of any human that has been born without the binary XX or XY chromosome combinations. There are no "intersex" chromosome combos, there are only two, XX and XY. (female and male)
this is 100% false

Old 09-30-2022, 09:53 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,251,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
For the last ten years, I have seen a lot of debate and arguments about gender reassignments.

I live in a small town of 235 people. A couple years ago a young couple moved into out town. The individual that at first glance we would call the 'wife'. Is in fact a 'trans-women', whom I have gotten to know a bit.

This individual was born a hermaphrodite or inter-sex. The infant had no distinguishable genitals, so the doctor performed surgery to 'assign' gender to make this baby appear to be a male, a boy.

As this 'boy' grew up, they protested and were eventually able to get a re-assignment to conform to be a female.

But, when I see people online so upset about trans-genders that is NOT the backstory they have in mind. People seem to be insisting that it is all about males who want to transition to female, or females who want to transition to male.

Since I have been welcoming and accepting of this young couple, now I have been friended by a total of four trans-gender people. I admit that it creeps me out a bit. In my little world men are men and women are women, I dont know where to place these people. But I am beginning to understand their plight a bit better now.

It is my understanding that through-out history hermaphrodites or inter-sex have always been a thing, but they naturally appear at a rate of 1 or 2 per thousand. But since the 1970s, or so, now they have been occurring at an increased rate of 1 or 2 per hundred live births. Rather like the studies we have seen published about amphibians exposed to hormone-disrupting herbicides.
since you provide no links to support your assertions, it's kind of hard to know. Yes, certain people have made claims that have been countered/disproven that 1-2% of people are born "intersex".

If you have some actual current valid studies, by all means share.

Old 09-30-2022, 09:58 AM

1,866 posts, read 936,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Your link proves there are more variations than simply XX or XY.

And from other sources they are currently happening at a rate somewhere between 1 to 2 live births per hundred.
There are rare variations, aneuploidy, but all males have the Ys, all females have X's.
The abnormal variations are just that, abnormal, genetic defects (and those defects can come with medical issues).

The normal XX and XY denote female and male.

Also, actual hermaphrodites are extremely rare, we're talking odds that are equivalent to winning the lottery.

Old 09-30-2022, 10:48 AM

3,234 posts, read 1,614,930 times
I don’t think there has ever been a human true hermaphrodite, that is someone who can reproduce as both a male and a female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies