Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2022, 04:27 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times

Advertisements

That's absurd. Nukes means we're beyond "destroying troops," its now "destroying cities and regions."

It doesn't matter how crazy Putin is, he has nukes ready to launch at anyone trying to attack Russia.

Quote:
The nuclear triad is a three-pronged military force structure that consists of land-launched nuclear missiles, nuclear-missile-armed submarines, and strategic aircraft with nuclear bombs and missiles.
https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/20...and%20missiles.

North Korea exists, because the destruction of Seoul is not worth taking out 1 dictator. The same will go for Russia. Nuclear war is not worth taking out 1 person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2022, 04:55 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,167,096 times
Putin is very sick and from some illness I'm sure the oligarchs the real people who really run Russia are not too happy with him so they will accelerate his illness or he will have a " accident " then they will put more pragmatic puppet on the throne!

Old 10-03-2022, 04:58 AM

30,436 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So, kill everyone you know. That's an interesting take on it.
If i gotta go before my time then i am taking everyone with me.

Old 10-03-2022, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
I'm thinking we already may be there...these reports coming out Kherson today...right on top the taking of Lyman...sounds like the Russian military defenses are on the verge of collapse. At least that's what it sounds like coming from the Russian milbloggers. When you start hearing them post "the situation is very difficult" that means the lines are collapsing. And that has been posted quite a few times today.
His peeps need to storm troop him and kill him.

Old 10-03-2022, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Putin is very sick and from some illness I'm sure the oligarchs the real people who really run Russia are not too happy with him so they will accelerate his illness or he will have a " accident " then they will put more pragmatic puppet on the throne!
He looks fine as wine to me.

Old 10-03-2022, 05:19 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
North Korea exists, because the destruction of Seoul is not worth taking out 1 dictator. The same will go for Russia. Nuclear war is not worth taking out 1 person.
1) North Korea exists because it has been supported by Russia/China since WWII. North Korea is a Chinese protectorate which operates as a buffer-state between China and South Korea. It exists as long as China wants it to exist.

2) If you think Kim Jong Un actually runs North Korea you need to stop listening to American propaganda. He is essentially a figurehead. His sister wields far more power than he does. Kim Jong Un literally spends as much time away from his "job" as he can. He hates Pyongyang. He travels around the country visiting factories with his wife and gives speeches at official events. His government is essentially run by a military junta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Putin is fine. The Russian elite will only be unhappy if he loses.

Old 10-03-2022, 12:10 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Gen Ben Hodges has discussed that possibility.
Probably, he says, NATO would respond forcefully using stealth technology and take out virtually the entire Russian military in a matter of days. He points out that is why things like the B-2 and F-35 were developed in the first place.
The newer B-21 is due to be released in a few months. Russia is not capable of successfully combating modern stealth technology.
Yep. I heard the same scenario from Petraeus. NATO is not going to take the radiation fall out polluting their countries sitting down.

One could hope that Putin is taken out internally, but he has 50,000 strong looking out for his security. A coup is a long shot. The inner circle elites have to be convinced that Putin is a threat to their well being. Maybe some day he will mysteriously fall out of a high rise window. Wouldn't that be poetic justice.

Old 10-03-2022, 12:21 PM

4,557 posts, read 3,756,246 times
Yep, like JohnBoy64 said, there's some things happening to the Russian defense and military. It may not be long. Wonders what Putin is doing still with the rush to annexation - what good is it without a military?

Retired U.S. Army Lieutenant General H.R. McMaster said Sunday that Russia's army may be at the edge of "collapse" after it faced defeat in Lyman—the previously occupied Ukrainian city where Russian forces retreated on Saturday.

McMaster said he believes that Saturday's success for Ukraine "could turn into a cascading series of defeats of Russian forces," and added that "what we might be at here is really at the precipice of really the collapse of the Russian army in Ukraine, a moral collapse. I think they must really be at a breaking point."

"There's no amount of shambolic mobilization, which is the only way to describe it, no amount of annexation, no amount of even veiled nuclear threats, can actually get him out of this particular situation," Petraeus said on ABC's This Week.

Old 10-03-2022, 01:03 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
This morning using "tactical" nuclear weapons in the Ukraine has become a topic of grave concern.

How do you think the allies will respond if Russia uses any nuclear weapons in Ukraine.
Given the fact that we've never been in such a situation before, lacking lessons learned. I would bet that if Putin nuked Ukraine, as long as that's all was nuked, US wouldn't throw a nuke at Russia. They would be afraid that this would turn into an all out nuclear war (WWIII) and ending all civilization.

Old 10-03-2022, 01:14 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Have you ever pondered the thought that’s it NATO that is the real bully?
when's the last time NATO took first action against another country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies