Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2022, 09:21 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,768,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Biden voters only.
And no TDS behavior, Trump this, Trump that. We don't care about that on this thread, take it elsewhere.
Well, I really wanted Buttigieg.

Biden was a distant fourth choice. But no, voting for him was not a mistake, I did it in full possession of all my senses. And I would do it again.

Old 10-07-2022, 09:28 AM

2,726 posts, read 6,118,541 times
I voted for Biden simply because he wasn't Trump, and have no regrets.

Employed. Just paid off the mortgage. Life's good.

Old 10-07-2022, 09:31 AM

6,817 posts, read 9,368,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Well, I really wanted Buttigieg.

Biden was a distant fourth choice. But no, voting for him was not a mistake, I did it in full possession of all my senses. And I would do it again.
Thanks for admitting it and I’m genuinely curious, what has the Biden Administration done that would cause you to want to vote for him again in 2024? It seems like every thing that has been an “accomplishment” of his also has a downside, like the “Infrastructure Bill” containing a lot of pork that doesn’t really fund infrastructure, or the “Inflation Reduction Act” that is doing nothing to tackle the issue of inflation, etc.

Old 10-07-2022, 09:32 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,718,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Biden was elected by a margin of seven million votes because he was not Trump. Deal with it.
And to put those votes in perspective, that was the margin in just TWO States, New York and California.

Biden won California by about 5 Million and New York by about 2 Million votes.

Old 10-07-2022, 09:33 AM

14,234 posts, read 4,602,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
I voted for Biden simply because he wasn't Trump, and have no regrets.

Employed. Just paid off the mortgage. Life's good.
Would have saved way more money from grocery/gas/inflation to put into your kids college fund if you voted for Trump

Oh well, lesson learned

Old 10-07-2022, 09:35 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,468,196 times
Well I've made mistakes since I was knee high to a grasshopper.
As to the year 2020... Why yes I do recall a particular day I made a mistake. Made a custard and added a bit to much vanilla. Then there was the time i mailed a letter , and had the stamp turned the wrong way.
Ohhh the horror!
Yet if this is about regret for who I excercised my casted vote, won't happen. The right to vote is a priveledge . To whom I vote for is equally so.

Old 10-07-2022, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
And to put those votes in perspective, that was the margin in just TWO States, New York and California.

Apparently you have a problem with the winner of the popular vote ALSO winning the Electoral College. Sometimes, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Old 10-07-2022, 09:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,040,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post

Sure ---- and Trump won in 2016 by 80K votes.

But you know -- Electoral college.....

Trump has never been the most popular choice. It is what it is.

And yes he won fair and square in 2016.

I hope both parties present better candidates.

Given that I don't think Republicans have any great answers to deal with supply chain disruptions, Ukraine/Russia dispute, etc. while I may not be thrilled with some of Biden's policies, I would still vote him over Trump.

Unlike most of you I don't think Trump has any answer to manage the recession. The biggest claim is no spending but Trump even campaigned on spending to stimulate the economy and get it back so not srue he wouldn't have spent money anymore effectively.

Border situation...in 2020 with Trump's Great Wall -- the border crossing so multiple 'record setting' numbers. No I don't think we'd have Abbott & DeSantis playing political games with asylum seekers under Trump but not sure that's a reason to vote Trump.

Both parties need to step up and find their roots.

Old 10-07-2022, 09:38 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,718,141 times
To paraphrase a saying...

Those who fail to admit mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

Old 10-07-2022, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Thanks for admitting it and I’m genuinely curious, what has the Biden Administration done that would cause you to want to vote for him again in 2024? It seems like every thing that has been an “accomplishment” of his also has a downside, like the “Infrastructure Bill” containing a lot of pork that doesn’t really fund infrastructure, or the “Inflation Reduction Act” that is doing nothing to tackle the issue of inflation, etc.
In general, I support D policies as opposed to R policies.

I am an atheist, secular, pro-choice, civil-rights-supporting, dictator-despising kind of person. Not gonna vote for someone who is beholden to the christian right. Or someone who boasts about exchanging love letters with Putin and Kim. Ever.

I am old enough to remember when there were Rs I would vote for. But that hasn't been true since around 1986 or so. It sucks, but it isn't my fault.

Last edited by jacqueg; 10-07-2022 at 09:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies