Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2022, 09:21 PM

16,106 posts, read 10,771,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subjective Opinion View Post
More people in ca and NY voted Trump in 2020 than 2016. Guess alot of those people liked what he did for the country.
Just think how much more damage he could have done if he wasn't easily distracted and watching TV or playing golf three days a week.

Old 10-07-2022, 10:34 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,484,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
In order for Biden to control gas prices, the United States would have to adopt Marxism and nationalize the petroleum industry like Venezuela, where gas is currently ten cents a gallon. Bad tradeoff. Gas prices are tied what the futures traders think the price of a barrel of crude oil will be. No president controls prices at the pump, whether they go up or down, and you are certainly smart enough to know that.

No drug dealer is going to lace Halloween candy with drugs, which cost money. That old wives' tale has been around for at least fifty years that I personally know of. Before drugs it was razor blades and needles.

Putin is the one making nuclear weapon threats, not Biden. If, god forbid, it should happen, I will be overjoyed to have Biden in charge of the response rather than the Orange Messiah. He would handle it like he did healthcare and infrastructure, which is lie about it and hope everyone forgets, or possibly send his bosom buddy Putin a few new weapons to play with. We still don't know if he sold our secrets to hostile countries.

Lastly, there has always been a lot of saber rattling that comes to nothing, except when a brainless fool like a George W. Bush or a Vladimir Putin starts an unnecessary war. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Wrong.

Old 10-07-2022, 11:31 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,768,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subjective Opinion View Post
More people in ca and NY voted Trump in 2020 than 2016. Guess alot of those people liked what he did for the country.
And even more people than that voted for Biden. So I guess a lot of people didn't like Trump's record.

Old 10-07-2022, 11:40 PM

14,234 posts, read 4,602,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
And even more people than that voted for Biden. So I guess a lot of people didn't like Trump's record.
Biden came in 2020 Nov election with a clean (almost) slate compare to Trump.

In 2024 Biden & democrats are going to have a lot of esplaining to do (inflation, Afghanistan withdrawl fiasco, gas, crimes surge, border crisis, dementia, etc.) to the voters.

Biden's nuthuggers need to stop using 2020 election as a baseline for 2022 midterm & 2024 elections.

Old 10-07-2022, 11:46 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,768,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Biden came in 2020 Nov election with a clean (almost) slate compare to Trump.

In 2024 Biden & democrats are going to have a lot of esplaining to do (inflation, Afghanistan withdrawl fiasco, gas, crimes surge, border crisis, dementia, etc.) to the voters.

Biden's nuthuggers need to stop using 2020 election as a baseline for 2022 midterm & 2024 elections.
Don't worry, I'm not. It wasn't me that brought up the voter totals in the 2020 election.

I'm pretty sure that the losers in both 2022 and 2024 will have larger vote totals than the losers in 2020. Why that makes any difference to anyone is beyond me, but you do you.

Old 10-08-2022, 02:00 AM

13,435 posts, read 9,965,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Petro prices in my area are approaching $4.00 per gallon again, or $15.14 per liter, and diesel even moreso.
^.
$15.14 a litre?

There are 3.785 litres in a gallon.

It’s therefore $1.056 a litre.

Old 10-08-2022, 02:15 AM

24,658 posts, read 9,482,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
I have friends who voted for Biden just to get Trump out oppose to really supporting Biden. Their wallets are really hurting today
Yup. I have friends who voted Biden and they have admitted he is too old to be president and they don’t want to see him running again.

Kamala, they don’t even mention her. They’re far too embarrassed.

Old 10-08-2022, 05:19 AM

23,231 posts, read 29,071,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I live in Seattle which is one of the most liberal nirvanas on the planet. Most of my friends are liberal. Trust me, not one of them will admit that Biden was a mistake. They may think it, but they will never verbalize or admit it out loud. Liberals very much engage in the "hive mentality." Admitting defeat or weaknesses does not bode well for the hive.

Everybody body knows Biden is a horrible President, liberals included, but getting them to admit it is an exercise in futility.
Never blame the President, blame his top advisors who run the show!

Old 10-08-2022, 06:00 AM

41,984 posts, read 75,252,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
I have friends who voted for Biden just to get Trump out oppose to really supporting Biden.
No doubt there are more than a few who voted for Trump because he wasn't Hillary Clinton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Given the choice, no it wasn't a mistake. Next time give us a better candidate, GOP.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Would have saved way more money from grocery/gas/inflation to put in your kids college fund if you voted for Trump
How would Trump have stopped inflation, higher gas prices, etc? Please be specific.

Quote:
I am old enough to remember when there were Rs I would vote for. But that hasn't been true since around 1986 or so. It sucks, but it isn't my fault.
Same; I've even changed my registration a time or two to vote in a Republican primary. I haven't bothered with that in about 20 years because the Republicans haven't come up with any candidates I'd be willing to vote for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Then your vote should be taken away.
Aww, honey .... Someone didn't vote the way you did and you want to invalidate their vote? That's so cute ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Are you referring to New York and California?

Because a country that follows that lead will be a country no more.

End the electoral college, end what remains of the United States. Period.
Interesting that the person you're responding to is complaining about the influence of two heavily populated states **and** about the Electoral College - the very thing the Electoral College was created to prevent.

Quote:
No one ever told me that one of the most startling consequences of getting older is that your body fat moves around without your permission.
I know it's off topic, but thanks for the sorely needed chuckle this morning.

And hair. That moves around, too.

Old 10-08-2022, 06:31 AM

5,053 posts, read 6,352,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It's a binary choice. Two people on the ballot with a chance to win so the alternative actually matters. I'm guessing a huge majority were voting against the incumbent.
See: Duverger's Law.

Ranked choice voting significantly changes the calculus. If we had it, it would really increase the chances of multiple parties being competitive.

Imagine if we had 6 parties instead of the current, effective, 2:
Trump-MAGA
Republican (traditional)
Libertarian
Fiscal conservative, social liberal
Democrat (traditional)
Green-Social Justice

I bet the results and final vote count would look almost like a normal distribution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies