Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2022, 02:42 PM

30,170 posts, read 11,803,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
True but I was only addressing the mistrust of the election process question. That incident demonstrates that such tampering can and does happen. And then she ran for Secretary of State?!
In this case she proved that its hard to tamper with an election and get away with it. Even something as small as what she did. Hard to believe that massive fraud can take place over several states with some sort of coordination and not a trace has been found.

Old 10-10-2022, 02:50 PM

30,170 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
They also told those who had no standing to bring the cases to SCOTUS that if someone with standing brought the same case to them they would take it on.

"No evidence"? SMH

When Rudy held the hearings he asked for poll workers to come forward to testify to what they saw. Scores of them did so. They did so knowing that by sticking their necks out, they risked being threatened and harassed---not only them but their family members.
There are about 1 million election workers working in over 100K spots around the country. Sure you can find a few people to say they know about election fraud. When there is a serial killer on the loose countless people will confess the crime to the police. Human nature is interesting. Some people just want attention. Even if its to their detriment. Look at the people who entered the capital on Jan 6th and totally screwed up their lives. Makes no sense. One thing I know is where I am not going to be. Not going to protest on the capital nor Charlottesville nor to BLM protests. Yet people are drawn to them like flies to poop.

All I remember is Rudy brought this apparently drunk woman up on stage as an employee of dominion and she claimed she witnessed massive voter fraud. However she was a low level temp who only worked at Dominion a few days or a day. Even if there was that stuff going on little chance she would know about it. And her background and credibility was quite suspect. I don't know what happened to all the others. Rudy might have claimed there were many but he claimed a lot of stuff that has him in hot water today. I used to like him but he turned into a freak show.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 10-10-2022 at 02:59 PM..

Old 10-10-2022, 03:33 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
They are certainly on the left but to the left of Biden. Most of them wanted Bernie in there so there is anger towards the DNC who clearly thought Bernie had no chance against Trump and made sure he could not win. The whole SJW thing is on the left. You own it. Just like Proud Boys and some of those other knucklehead groups are owned by the right. Are they political? They are protesting for white rights like BLM is protesting for black rights.

These are political movements. Both sides.
Here's your exact quote to which I responded:

"MAGA people "own" what happened on Jan 6th. Just like the left owns the BLM ANTIFA riots."

That is a false analogy and disingenuous.

Trump and his merry band of MAGA enablers sent the rioters to the Capitol on January 6.

No Democratic politician sent rioters anywhere. ANTIFA has no support by Democrats. BLM did, but that's pretty much dead now as the original BLM has pretty much cratered. But BLM was not responsible for riots. If you disagree, feel free to supply some proof.

Furthermore, trying to pretend that White Supremacists are "protesting for white rights" and equivalent to BLM is a joke. Whites already have all the rights in this country. They are protesting equal treatment of everyone else. "Jews will not replace us" is not about "white rights", it's antisemitism.

Old 10-10-2022, 04:34 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
There are about 1 million election workers working in over 100K spots around the country. Sure you can find a few people to say they know about election fraud. When there is a serial killer on the loose countless people will confess the crime to the police. Human nature is interesting. Some people just want attention. Even if its to their detriment. Look at the people who entered the capital on Jan 6th and totally screwed up their lives. Makes no sense. One thing I know is where I am not going to be. Not going to protest on the capital nor Charlottesville nor to BLM protests. Yet people are drawn to them like flies to poop.

All I remember is Rudy brought this apparently drunk woman up on stage as an employee of dominion and she claimed she witnessed massive voter fraud. However she was a low level temp who only worked at Dominion a few days or a day. Even if there was that stuff going on little chance she would know about it. And her background and credibility was quite suspect. I don't know what happened to all the others. Rudy might have claimed there were many but he claimed a lot of stuff that has him in hot water today. I used to like him but he turned into a freak show.
Thanks, there seems to be a reality disconnect with some of these folks. They seem to be in denial that Mr. Trump & his allies failed to overturn the 2020 election results ‘by hook or by crook’. It boggles the mind.

The following is from a social media post (Facebook) on July 6 2022:

"SCOTUS OVERTURNED THE 2020 ELECTION”

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...2020-election/

No, the Supreme Court didn’t overturn the 2020 election

As for Mr. Giuliani?

MAGA Make Attorneys Get Attorneys
Giuliani was suspended from practicing law in New York in June, after a court found that there was "uncontroverted evidence" that he made "demonstrably false and misleading" statements on election fraud.

He has also admitted under oath that he did not verify some of the election fraud claims that he parroted, and got the "evidence" from social media. Separately, Giuliani also told a Dominion Voting Systems lawyer that he "didn't have the time" to verify voter fraud claims about the 2020 election after he heard about them.
Trump-allied lawyer Rudy Giuliani baselessly claims that he has '900 death certificates' on hand to prove that thousands of dead people voted in the election

https://www.businessinsider.com/rudy...-voted-2021-12
  • Rudy Giuliani made an unsubstantiated claim that he has proof to validate the conspiracy theory that dead people voted in the 2020 election.
  • Giuliani said he possesses 900 death certificates of people who died in 2000 but voted in 2020.
  • However, Giuliani has not produced the evidence or said where he obtained the death certificates.

When asked to ‘put up or shut up’ they cannot produce the evidence to validate the unsubstantiated claims or conspiracy theories.

Apparently they cannot even shut up.

Old 10-11-2022, 06:09 AM

57,298 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
True but I was only addressing the mistrust of the election process question. That incident demonstrates that such tampering can and does happen. And then she ran for Secretary of State?!
Well yes the republicans pounded the mistrust in the elections claiming massive fraud, filing lawsuits and creating all those conspiracies about the election then claimed the voters had no faith in the system, a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Actually we had a number of incidents of people attempting to undermine the election system like the Clerk in Colorado and the Georgia election officials allowing unknown people to inspect voting machines. So yes tighten up on election procedures instead of all these conspiracies about suitcases of votes and voting machines from Venezuela.

It appears all the tampering has been on the part of republicans.

Old 10-11-2022, 06:12 AM

57,298 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
What I recall during that time was high profile people who supported the BLM protests were quiet regarding the riots. I am sure some might have spoke out but I don't recall widespread condemnation regarding the BLM riots. It was like the protests are important and if they get out of hand its not that big a deal.

And the GOP was on the right side of all of this until Jan 6th when it became obvious they have just as many out of control nut jobs as the dems. Charlottesville was another example of both sides being out of control. But there was not widespread riots just fighting.
I agree, the response by the democratic leadership was extremely weak regarding the rioters from the BLM protests, also true for the BLM leadership.

Old 10-11-2022, 07:03 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,068 times
R

Old 10-11-2022, 02:13 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoMfIkz7v6s

Old 10-11-2022, 02:47 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Seriously? He was (and still is) the main swampkeeper. Talk about "the fox guarding the henhouse"!
i mean.... err... uhm.....

so people can say things. People can even believe things but at the end of the day the facts are pesky things.

Donald Trump has become the most scrutinized person in America. There have been more "investigations" into him than anyone alive. The ATTY GEN of New York ran a campaign focused on "immagonnaget DJT"

and failed.

so Ruth4Truth, the Truth is DJT isnt corrupt. Doesnt represent the swamp and simply saying he did doesnt make it true. I really am sorry but you have believed people you trusted but they lied to you.

What you need to do is step back and ask: If they are lying about this, what else are they lying about?

Old 10-11-2022, 03:30 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,279,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
So, you are telling me that I need to haul my arthritis inflicted ass off down to stand in line an hour because you can't trust my county...
Yeah. And I agree.

I helped a disabled vet one time get down out of his truck so he could hobble in to early vote, in person, in Texas. Many years ago. He probably shouldn't have been driving at all. But it was important to him to vote... so he got it done. I was a helluva lot younger then, but it spoke volumes to me, and I'll never forget it.

Yes to in person only.

Yes to ID required absolutely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies