Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 03:00 PM

29,839 posts, read 14,886,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
I don't think much has changed in terms of mass shootings since 2019 but the overall crime/murder rate has indeed gone way up. However that has more to do with the lawlessness that started during the George Floyd rights of the summer of 2020 than anything else and by some measures it was already starting to increase even before that. We really haven't been able to get control of crime ever since and now that the economy is going to tank I expect crime to continue to skyrocket maybe even reaching late 80s early 90s levels. The reason I brought up the idea of maybe limiting extended magazines, is because a shooter can obviously inflict more damage without having to stop and reload. I get it that doesn't take more than 3 seconds to do but 3 seconds can give you a chance to run or defend yourself. I'm not saying that's the answer. Just a thought.

What really needs to happen is somehow put a system in place that identifies people with who are mentally ill. We all know and understand that convicted felons lose their right to own a gun for what they did, but we can't sell guns to people who are mentally unstable. Some sort of stress test like recruits take to enter the military or police academy? Idk.

I get it. Many on the left won't stop until the 2A doesn't even mean what the founders meant it to be. They know they can't repeal it so if and when they get SCOTUS to flip left they surely will try to change the meaning.

I definitely see your point.
FYI, no where near 3 seconds, and he isn't even trying to go fast.

https://youtu.be/Gwf1H0fyEx4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2022, 05:50 PM

24,481 posts, read 23,191,079 times
I wonder if this kid was groomed by the deep state like the other shooters.

Old 10-17-2022, 05:54 PM

30,682 posts, read 21,558,578 times
I guess the gun had a life of it's own and shoot someone.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:58 PM

29,590 posts, read 19,753,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
FYI, no where near 3 seconds, and he isn't even trying to go fast.

https://youtu.be/Gwf1H0fyEx4
Yeah usually less than 3 seconds. Popping a magazine into my S&W Shield takes a second, takes a little longer to do so in my SKS because those rifles were originally fitted with non detachable magazines and had to be retrofitted with detachable mags so its not one motion to insert it. Have to sorta hook it in. Putting a 50 or 100 round drum in my Thompson takes more time.

https://youtube.com/shorts/jOI7Hwavx2g?feature=share

Old 10-18-2022, 08:53 AM

23,649 posts, read 14,177,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
I don't think much has changed in terms of mass shootings since 2019 but the overall crime/murder rate has indeed gone way up. However that has more to do with the lawlessness that started during the George Floyd rights of the summer of 2020 than anything else and by some measures it was already starting to increase even before that. We really haven't been able to get control of crime ever since and now that the economy is going to tank I expect crime to continue to skyrocket maybe even reaching late 80s early 90s levels. The reason I brought up the idea of maybe limiting extended magazines, is because a shooter can obviously inflict more damage without having to stop and reload. I get it that doesn't take more than 3 seconds to do but 3 seconds can give you a chance to run or defend yourself. I'm not saying that's the answer. Just a thought.
Round 2!

"Uh-uh. I know what you are thinking, did she fire 7 shots or only 6? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've rightly lost track myself. But this being the 50 caliber TRACI, the most powerful handgun in the world, if it hits you anywhere, you'll be blown to smithereens. So you have to ask yourself...."Do I feel lucky?"......Well, do you, PUNK?"

Paraphrased movie lines from fiction but the point is clearly there.....how do you know when your shooter is out of ammo? Can one accurately count the rounds in all that excitement, noise, when they are thinking more of getting under cover?

Add to it, the shooter may pull a trick or two. Back in the old days when we used M1911s, it was a common practice for the roving patrols to only have 5 and not 7 rounds in their magazines to ease the tension on the springs. One thing I taught my watches was that in a crisis, if they have a chance, shift the load between 3 magazines to 2 magazines for if they are fighting their own, they may have another 2 shots when the bad guy thinks they are out because that is how that ship works.

Old 10-18-2022, 09:02 AM

24,916 posts, read 9,663,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I guess the gun had a life of it's own and shoot someone.
Indeed. We better disarm police, US troops, and Biden’s secret service detail.

Guns are evil.

Old 10-18-2022, 02:18 PM

44,711 posts, read 61,926,396 times
According to the law the gun holder/shooter is 100% responsible for his or her actions with the weapon of use.

Old 10-18-2022, 03:15 PM

420 posts, read 188,894 times
I live in Central Europe in a former Eastern Bloc country that was under Soviet occupation until the end of '80s. Just like the other countries in the region we had similar gun laws as the US in the early 1900's up until the end of the 1940's. People had to pass a psychological test, had to have no criminal record then they could buy a gun for self defense.

Gun ownership was banned after the communists occupied our countries after WW2. Everyone had to give back their guns to the state or else they could be hanged by law. Communism ended gun ownership in our countries and made people think of guns as evil. The majority still have this deep rooted aversion to guns because of the successful Soviet brainwashing.

Old 10-19-2022, 05:40 AM

59,524 posts, read 27,669,904 times
Quote:
There must be a reason why the anti firearm politicians want to ban a semi auto rifle, one that is extremely popular, and in the hands of many law abiding citizens, yet statistically is used rarely in suicides (which make up the majority of gun related deaths), inner city shootings, and mass shootings.

I wonder what that is ?
"the anti firearm politicians want to ban a semi auto rifle, one that is extremely popular, and in the hands of many law abiding citizens, yet statistically"

MORE are killed each year by blunt enlistments, like baseball bats, then ALL rifles COMBINED.

Let's ban baseball bats if they REALLY CARE about all the deaths!

Old 10-19-2022, 05:44 AM

59,524 posts, read 27,669,904 times
Quote:
Thanks for posting that. Even more of a reason to question why are they wanting to ban this particular rifle ?
"Even more of a reason to question why are they wanting to ban this particular rifle ?"

Try to keep up, only being sarcastic, because they LOOK like a military rifle.

That is all some anti-gunners need, LOOKS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies