Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2022, 08:58 PM

50,510 posts, read 47,293,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Large gun safes can be had for farrr less than 5 grand
I didn't say gun safes, I said gun safes that can't be broken into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
5 grand is a cheap price to pay to not have a tragedy like this take place. How much do you think those parents are out monetarily over this? They have to pay for their eldest son's funeral, they've had to lawyer up themselves, they've got hospital bills for their killer son and if he manages to survive this they'll likely be dealing with his legal bills, too. If he dies, they've got another funeral to plan and pay for. There is no way they'll be able to live in that neighborhood anymore so they are likely looking at selling and moving assuming someone wants to buy their "death house".

A 5K safe would have spared them all of that.
Where do you live that you can spend 5K on a safe? You think that's normal cheddar for most people? That's a used car for a lot of America. Most Americans that own firearms have one or two with a total value of about a grand.

AGAIN, of what use is a firearm for home protection locked in one of these safes?

Hang on Mr. Home Invader while I unlock my safe. Most encounters are when you are trying to drive into the garage.

But I agree, if you have a nut case kid that's dangerous that's your problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2022, 09:12 PM

26,036 posts, read 19,016,669 times
How about a ban on being soft on crime? Quit blaming the guns and blame the criminals. Lock them up and throw away the key. Or execute the worst offenders.

Old 10-16-2022, 09:15 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,294,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You said not everyone can afford a 5 grand gun safe. 5 grand isn’t needed for even a large gun safe that can’t be broken into, and if you disagree, please do provide proof to your claim?

Old 10-16-2022, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
You said not everyone can afford a 5 grand gun safe. 5 grand isn’t needed for even a large gun safe that can’t be broken into, and if you disagree, please do provide proof to your claim?
Google/Youtube is your friend.... 15 seconds later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ViUdd-2LM&t=3s

Old 10-16-2022, 09:47 PM

17,490 posts, read 16,671,639 times
Quote:

Where do you live that you can spend 5K on a safe? You think that's normal cheddar for most people? That's a used car for a lot of America. Most Americans that own firearms have one or two with a total value of about a grand.

AGAIN, of what use is a firearm for home protection locked in one of these safes?

Hang on Mr. Home Invader while I unlock my safe. Most encounters are when you are trying to drive into the garage.

But I agree, if you have a nut case kid that's dangerous that's your problem.
Conceal carry if you so concerned about getting jumped by a home invader. What good is your gun going to do you if it's leaning against a wall in an upstairs bedroom and you're getting attacked in the garage?

Spend 5K on a gun safe. Imagine arriving home only to walk in the front door and have an intruder greet you with your gun?

Old 10-16-2022, 09:49 PM

17,490 posts, read 16,671,639 times
Quote:

Right. There is no way that scrawny Raleigh kid would have been able to manhandle a safe like that.

Old 10-16-2022, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Right. There is no way that scrawny Raleigh kid would have been able to manhandle a safe like that.
Many videos showing a battery powered 4 inch grinder in use. Cut right around the lock in seconds. It's what tweakers use to steal all our cat converters here. IN SECONDS.

FYI I have one in the truck, one in the garage, one in my den and one in the bedroom. Doesn't change anything for this topic.

There is the way it should be and the way it really is. Those cheapo plastic handgun safes are like butter to a grinder but they'll steal the whole thing first.

We already have that stupid law here in CA. It's for one, not enforceable because you can't control what goes on inside your home.

Old 10-16-2022, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Conceal carry if you so concerned about getting jumped by a home invader. What good is your gun going to do you if it's leaning against a wall in an upstairs bedroom and you're getting attacked in the garage?

Spend 5K on a gun safe. Imagine arriving home only to walk in the front door and have an intruder greet you with your gun?
I have a home security system that also included inside the house. I like my odds. BTW we got burgled years ago and they stole the "gun safe" and a bunch of odds and ends thus the new security system. Tweakers work in packs. It was a small safe that was concreted in. They simply yanked it out with a tow strap. They took all of our registration, passports and other documents but the morons didn't see the wall cabinet hidden behind a large picture with all the real goodies in it.

My kids know all the codes/keys etc. If you have a problem kid it's up to you.

Old 10-16-2022, 10:08 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,294,468 times
Quote:

Lol. I’d have already known they were there if I wasn’t home, and called the cops by the time they finally got it open and it took 2 guys struggling to do it.

5 grand isn’t needed for even a large gun safe that can’t be broken into, and if you disagree, please do provide proof to your claim?

Quote:
Bingo…it’s truly hilarious to think otherwise

Old 10-16-2022, 10:12 PM

19,031 posts, read 14,266,154 times
Makes perfect sense. Predators HATE it when their prey shoots back at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies