Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 09:33 AM

1,100 posts, read 433,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I’m sorry to hear that it has been hitting you that bad. If you can only afford to eat rice and beans, have you looked into whether you qualify for any EBT benefits? Inflation can happen due to external market pressures regardless of who the president is, but inflation may not be as bad if you can qualify for assistance.
Is this your way of saying it's not Biden's fault? That's a joke. "Don't worry about it, just get on assistance" is not the attitude to take and it does no one any favors except the recipient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Maybe it is all the fleeing conservatives from the blue states driving up the prices around Knoxville. Real estate is very localized, and I seem to recall people on this board celebrating the exodus from blue states to red states. Well with this explosion of growth in Tennessee there will be growing pains and increasing real estate prices are part of those growing pains.
No, Knoxville is one of the hottest areas in the country because the secret got out and people from blue states are moving there. The "Nashville trickle" as I've always called it happened. I assure you RE has exploded there because everyone wants to live there now. I wish I owned a home in Knoxville, I know people who live there who have made a fortune just from owning a house over the past 5-10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2022, 03:47 PM

1,281 posts, read 1,423,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrmantraut View Post
Glad my tax dollars pay your medical bills.....said no one ever. Is it my fault that people choose not to work and have no health insurance?
It it anyone's fault that the US is the only developed country where the ability to pay for one's health care needs depends on the generosity of one's employer?

ETA: Or, what ecko_complex24 said.

Old 11-09-2022, 04:58 AM

59,185 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
No more far-right justices appointed to the Supreme Court.
You NEVER complain about the far LEFT judges on the court.
I wonder why?

Old 11-09-2022, 06:47 AM

1,665 posts, read 977,427 times
My life changed for the better. I developed a sense of humor. I just have to laugh at how this country went down the toilet. Dems and Repubs blaming each party on the downfall of America.

At least Trump gave us a courtesy flush.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:50 AM

1,073 posts, read 623,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
You can just tell us one thing. How has your life improved since Democrats took all three chambers of Congress?
It removed Donald Trump and all of his conspiracies from office. I can't have a president that led an insurrection in office of the greatest country on the planet.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:50 AM

1,665 posts, read 977,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post

You hurt my widdle feelings! I am telling!

*** Slinks off to find a safe space with cuddles and unicorns. ***
I'm not gonna search through all these pages for original post you've commented on. All I gotta say is, that is the truth. To heck with the libs and their feelings.

Old 11-09-2022, 07:10 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,798,653 times
Fortunately, Biden is a lifelong failure.

Despite his desperate attempts to tax me into poverty, he failed. [So far]

Old 11-09-2022, 07:14 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,571,162 times
Please tell us how your life has improved since Biden took office.

Some refinanced their homes early in the game and paid down much higher debt. A very big win. My FIL (bless his soul) passed away and my wife and her sisters will receive a windfall they wouldn't have had a few years back.

There you go.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:57 AM

11,564 posts, read 6,041,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You NEVER complain about the far LEFT judges on the court.
I wonder why?
Members of the Extreme Fringe left have nothing to the left of them, so extreme Leftist judges seem perfectly middle to them.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:16 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,662,286 times
I’m doing great in my career and making more money.

but that is because I’m me.. not because of a politician

and we did just change our insurance to ACA due to a job change by the wife. So we are saving money on healthcare as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies