Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2022, 07:52 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,123,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
You can just tell us one thing. How has your life improved since Democrats took all three chambers of Congress?
This is an easy one.

I own a real estate rental company. It's not a conglomerate or anything like that, but it is not a mom and pop one either. Meaning I'm just big enough to be able to take advantage of tough times. All the extensions to the eviction moratorium made it possible for me to buy investment properties from desperate mom-and-pop landlords. My company was buying properties left and right for a second there. These mom-and-pop landlords either had to sell their investment properties at a HUGE discount to me or face foreclosure. Not a tough choice to make.

In one instance, an old couple was willing to sell to me a 5 apartments building for exactly what they still owed the bank. I paid for it with cash. They had owned it for 15 years making regular payments, so the transaction not only wiped out their equity they had to take a loss on it. During closing, they were smiling and thanking me for taking such a HUGE stressor out of their lives. That building's ROI is beyond ridiculous

Anyway, I always vote democrat. As a business owner, I don't expect anyone else to make my life better. Your question reveals a lot more about you than you think. It tells me you sit around waiting for the next president to help you instead of you helping yourself. Perhaps it's learned helplessness or something like that.

Edit.

I should add that while mom-and-pop landlords go by horribly outdated rental rates, I go by current market prices. In one instance, for example, one of the 5 apartments I mentioned above was renting for $450/month. After my legal team got rid of that tenant, we jacked up the price to market rate. It now rents for $1200/month. Apply that to all the units I got from mom-and-pop landlords. Like I said, the ROI for that building is beyond ridiculous because of how cheap I paid for it.

Don't care about inflation. I can always raise the rental rates based on inflation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2022, 07:58 AM

10,923 posts, read 4,595,747 times
Quote:
You can just tell us one thing. How has your life improved since Democrats took all three chambers of Congress?

Im not sure where that 3rd chamber is, but my family now has a much much greater chance of living well off since my chance of being shot and killed by a BLM/Antifa/Biden voter member has increased a thousand fold.

And lets see, oh yes, my aim has improved back to the old standard since I now range practice more often to defend myself from the nationwide increasing attacks from BLM/Antifa/Biden voter cabal criminals

and...hmmm ooh yes, my health is improving because I am no longer able to buy (either by availability or cost) cholesterol laden meats and stuff

Its been a party all around.

Old 10-16-2022, 07:59 AM

10,923 posts, read 4,595,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
This is an easy one.

I own a real estate rental company. It's not a conglomerate or anything like that, but it is not a mom and pop one either. Meaning I'm just big enough to be able to take advantage of tough times. All the extensions to the eviction moratorium made it possible for me to buy investment properties from desperate mom-and-pop landlords. My company was buying properties left and right for a second there. These mom-and-pop landlords either had to sell their investment properties at a HUGE discount to me or face foreclosure. Not a tough choice to make.

In one instance, an old couple was willing to sell to me a 5 apartments building for exactly what they still owed the bank. I paid for it with cash. They had owned it for 15 years making regular payments, so the transaction not only wiped out their equity they had to take a loss on it. During closing, they were smiling and thanking me for taking such a HUGE stressor out of their lives. That building's ROI is beyond ridiculous

Anyway, I always vote democrat. As a business owner, I don't expect anyone else to make my life better. Your question reveals a lot more about you than you think. It tells me you sit around waiting for the next president to help you instead of you helping yourself. Perhaps it's learned helplessness or something like that.

Edit.

I should add that while mom-and-pop landlords go by horribly outdated rental rates, I go by current market prices. In one instance, for example, one of the 5 apartments I mentioned above was renting for $450/month. After my legal team got rid of that tenant, we jacked up the price to market rate. It now rents for $1200/month. Apply that to all the units I got from mom-and-pop landlords. Like I said, the ROI for that building is beyond ridiculous because of how cheap I paid for it.

Don't care about inflation. I can always raise the rental rates based on inflation.

so you are one of the price gouging slumlords they are telling us about daily on the news? ;-)

Old 10-16-2022, 08:02 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,123,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
so you are one of the price gouging slumlords they are telling us about daily on the news? ;-)
LOL I'm a firm believer in capitalism. My prices reflect the market. If people don't like to pay these prices, they don't have to rent from me. I'm not forcing anyone to rent from me.

I'd like to think I'm not a slumlord. That apartment building I mentioned in the previous post, after my legal team got rid of all the non-paying tenants, I spent about $50k upgrading it. Slumlords don't do upgrades at all from my understanding.

Old 10-16-2022, 09:45 AM

59,264 posts, read 27,435,954 times
Quote:
OK,

HMM, can't seem to find one.

Old 10-16-2022, 09:49 AM

50,402 posts, read 64,119,967 times
Quoting MetroWord...

“Anyway, I always vote democrat. As a business owner, I don't expect anyone else to make my life better. Your question reveals a lot more about you than you think. It tells me you sit around waiting for the next president to help you instead of you helping yourself. Perhaps it's learned helplessness or something like that.“

It makes no sense to vote Democrat because you don’t want anyone else to make your life better, because they make life worse. They are the experts at learned helplessness. I don’t follow your logic at all.

Most business owners I know vote Republican because they want the government to get out of their way.

Old 10-16-2022, 09:51 AM

21,967 posts, read 9,552,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
This is an easy one.

Edit.

I am not waiting for anyone to help me. You don't know anything about me at all.

And while it's great that YOUR life has improved (no really), I don't think your post will warm anyone's heart that you were able to take advantage of people who were not as financially savvy as you are.

Old 10-16-2022, 10:01 AM

9,484 posts, read 5,266,652 times
I was much better off under Trump.

Old 10-16-2022, 10:16 AM

13,650 posts, read 4,960,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
1) you sold your house for a fortune and then bought another house for a fortune with 8% interest rate?

2) you should thank Trump for the Covid vaccine
No, I'm downsizing, and no mortgage!

I thank Pfizer and Moderna for the vaccine.

Old 10-16-2022, 10:19 AM

13,650 posts, read 4,960,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
Im not sure where that 3rd chamber is......
LOL! I totally missed that - all three chambers of Congress?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies