Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2022, 04:36 PM

8,771 posts, read 5,059,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I laugh longer, harder and more often
It would be funny if it wasn`t so sad,embarassing, and pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2022, 12:17 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Please tell us how your life has improved since Biden took office.

My life, not so great. Inflation is eating away at my income/wealth. Societal decay, rising crime rates is concerning. However it's not bad for everybody, such as:

Criminal lives have improved ~ no bail, nor jail. Criminals run free.
Along with human traffickers.
Trans border cartels lives are much improved.
Ukraine government officials' banking accounts are flush with cash.
Gun runners too.
Mercenaries' lives have greatly improved as well.
Hedge funds betting against the market are doing great too.
Nations relying on the sale of fossil fuels are doing well, Biden doubled the price of oil.
Well stated. Imagine the boosted quality of life now that criminals get to wear masks in broad daylight with zero suspicion, with bail (without cash) so they can get released.

Criminals couldn't be happier than they are today.

Old 10-24-2022, 09:04 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,376,630 times
I can think of one thing. As a retiree, I have a lot of money saved in my retirement accounts. Sure, the rampant inflation is eating away at the value of that money. However, as a result of the recent interest rate hikes needed to try and cut down inflation, I can finally earn some fairly decent returns on safe places to park my money, like bank CDs. I bought some CDs that are paying 4.5 percent. Yes, that is a lot less than inflation, but it is a higher interest rate for something like this than I have seen in the past 15 years or so.

Don't interpret my comment above to mean inflation is good - it is not. But the era of zero interest rates and "free money" is what fed a lot of this inflation to begin with. I think it is a good thing to keep interest rates around 4 percent and savers deserve some decent interest on their savings.

Old 10-25-2022, 06:16 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
I've been able to steal without repercussions. And no, I'm not in Congress.

Old 10-25-2022, 06:46 AM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
The value of my home increased

...but the value of my savings & investments fell

My diet improved

...due to what Bide-inflation did to the cost of dairy products. I won't pay $5/dz for eggs, or for a gal. of milk, or for 15 ounces of cheese

Old 10-25-2022, 07:02 AM

616 posts, read 341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
You can just tell us one thing. How has your life improved since Democrats took all three chambers of Congress?
This is a massive trolling joke. Dem operative gas-lighting the American People. Next post will likely parrot the President's statement that we have the strongest economy ever! I am not surprised at the increase in number of threads started by Dem operatives attempting to gas-light.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:22 AM

8,501 posts, read 4,744,511 times
It hasn’t improved.

But shhhhh! Don’t tell anyone! Biden had absolutely zero to do with that.

Old 11-05-2022, 03:30 PM

104 posts, read 148,754 times
Default Happiness as a personal choice.

Du Ma, My voting is my private business as well as my choices in life. I share ideas on issues that I think are of interest on certain subjects I see on this forum. I try and present new perspectives and options. My hope is by doing so we ALL can benefit form our collective intelligence and interaction. Being critical of each other serves no positive purpose. Let's try to understand the opinions and positions or others. Examine the statement "I hate people who hate". It makes no sense. Our ways of viewing the universe and our own existence are part of a vast spectrum of different views, philosophies, and beliefs. How we act and interact is the best indicator of who we are. But perhaps you disagree and that is fine.

Old 11-05-2022, 03:57 PM

1,100 posts, read 432,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Biden isn't the one with classified documents stored at his house.
Welp it's November 15th and they've still found nothing.....3 months later.

Old 11-05-2022, 05:48 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,524 times
Not BECAUSE of Biden.

Although my life didn’t improve BECAUSE of Trump either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies