Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 09:42 AM

3,289 posts, read 1,423,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/he...latest-release

Deaths are running 15-20% above baseline rates in Australia.

Influenza deaths are 30% above average.
Deaths due to lower respiratory diseases were 9% above average
Deaths due to dementia were 26% above average
Death due to diabetes was 17% above average.

COVID deaths could not explain the majority of the excess deaths.

What are the reasons of these excess deaths? Lockdowns? Vaccines?

This is all over the Western World, but not in the developing world. Countries less vaccinated and who did not lockdown nearly as hard or as long are not experiencing this phenomena.
Good example of taking some data and implying that vaccines or lockdowns are responsible for the increase in deaths with no proof. Yes, there are increased deaths, but there is absolutely no proof that either of the above had anything to do with it. Correlation is not causation. If you want to read about the increase in deaths and more probable reasons for it, feel free to read this:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-...aths/101527734

Old 10-17-2022, 09:58 AM

3,113 posts, read 940,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Good example of taking some data and implying that vaccines or lockdowns are responsible for the increase in deaths with no proof. Yes, there are increased deaths, but there is absolutely no proof that either of the above had anything to do with it. Correlation is not causation. If you want to read about the increase in deaths and more probable reasons for it, feel free to read this:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-...aths/101527734
It's just one of the many data points showing countries that vaccinated high % of their populations and kept themselves locked down, are not doing well healthwise.

Speculating that it's caused by vaccines seems more credible to me than "long COVID" which is what they speculated in the article lol.

Old 10-17-2022, 10:16 AM

3,289 posts, read 1,423,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
It's just one of the many data points showing countries that vaccinated high % of their populations and kept themselves locked down, are not doing well healthwise.

Speculating that it's caused by vaccines seems more credible to me than "long COVID" which is what they speculated in the article lol.
You aren't speculating...you are doing your damndest to perpetuate your lies by making unproven claims using information that, as I said before, just shows correlation not causation. You love making claims, but have absolutely no proof to back up your nonsense. Another thing you love is purposely misinforming people about any number of items---COVID related matters being your favorite. We both know you won't acknowledge that here, but we both know it's true.

Old 10-17-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
You aren't speculating...you are doing your damndest to perpetuate your lies by making unproven claims using information that, as I said before, just shows correlation not causation. You love making claims, but have absolutely no proof to back up your nonsense. Another thing you love is purposely misinforming people about any number of items---COVID related matters being your favorite. We both know you won't acknowledge that here, but we both know it's true.
I think you confused me for Fauci, Walensky, et al who lied and gaslight the American public on all things COVID and the vaccine.

How am I 'misinforming' people by bringing them to Australia's Bureau of Statistics page lol?

You sound like you're in a cult tbh. Don't say anything against my precious.... er I mean vaccine. Safe and effective, safe and effective! Safe and effective. Maybe if you repeat it 100x more it will come true

Old 10-17-2022, 11:32 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,201,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

The death rate is projected to continue to rise until 2034 to a level of 10 per thousand. That's from the UN. One wonders how they arrived at that.

… Also note that the mortality rate has been increasing since 2014. So neither covid or the vaxx seems to have anything to do with mortality rates. And that in spite of there being 2038 covid deaths.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countrie...and/death-rate
Could be an aging of the population of the world?

Old 10-17-2022, 11:33 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,040,338 times
Yup COVID caused more deaths.

Long term symptoms from COVID have impaired many and will have lasting effects.

Old 10-17-2022, 11:51 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,449,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Could be an aging of the population of the world?
Yes if you read the article that WVNomad posted, the data was not adjusted for either an aging or increasing population.

Old 10-17-2022, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yup COVID caused more deaths.

Long term symptoms from COVID have impaired many and will have lasting effects.
If you tell yourself a lie doesn't make it true. They separated out COVID deaths in their statistics.

Old 10-17-2022, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Yes if you read the article that WVNomad posted, the data was not adjusted for either an aging or increasing population.
->

Quote:
Data for 2022 is compared to a baseline comprising the years 2017-2019 and 2021.
There would not be any significant age increase from 2021 to 2022 to explain a 18% increase in mortality. Nice try though.

Also, I think it's quite funny you and WVNomad need ABC news to lie to you, when you can just click my link. Can you think for yourselves?

Or is critical thinking dead in America. If it's not reported in a "fact" checker, you don't trust it. lol

Old 10-17-2022, 01:10 PM

78,465 posts, read 60,666,856 times
There are many variables in play here.

I just saw a video on youtube about this guy with a NASTY looking arm cyst\sore etc. looking thing. He hadn't been to the doc in a few years due to covid and yeah it was skin cancer that became infected.

Without a detailed multi-variate study, excess deaths approach is a giant shrug because it's many things not one causing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies