Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 05:26 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times

Advertisements

It's on page 3 of the data table. The time frame is over the last week.

19.4% for the Unvaxxed

Trending around 30% for those not vaxxed within the last 3 months.

20% for those recently vaccinated within the last 3 months.

Walgreens COVID-19 Index

I remember when I was supposed to die for not getting the vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2022, 06:38 PM

43,150 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Who would have ever thought That we would end up trusting drug store data over our own government?

And yet here we are

Old 10-17-2022, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Just to clarify for posters:

19.4% of those testing positive are unvaccinated.

80.6% of those testing positive have been vaccinated.
That's not correct. The chart title is Positivity Rate By Vaccination Status.

The unvaxxed are testing positive at a 19% rate among all of the unvaxxed.

Those vaxxed a while ago are positive 30% of the time versus the whole of those in that group.

Taking it your way, the percentages should add up to 100% - but they don't.

Just want to make it clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Who would have ever thought That we would end up trusting drug store data over our own government?

And yet here we are
Walgreens has ground level data. I would think they should be accurate.

The government has a resume of misdeeds with data. It is what it is.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:46 PM

43,150 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
That's not correct. The chart title is Positivity Rate By Vaccination Status.

The unvaxxed are testing positive at a 19% rate among all of the unvaxxed.

Those vaxxed a while ago are positive 30% of the time versus the whole of those in that group.

Taking it your way, the percentages should add up to 100% - but they don't.

Just want to make it clear.

Walgreens has ground level data. I would think they should be accurate.

The government has a resume of misdeeds with data. It is what it is.
Unvaccinated testing positive is 23% of total tests chart on page 3

Old 10-17-2022, 06:54 PM

21,155 posts, read 19,742,228 times
Am I out of touch or hasn't there been much if a push lately to get people vaccinated and boosted? Seems like the last push was about a year ago when the first booster came out. I vaguely remember a second booster in the spring. There's even a fourth now according to CDC website.

Have the vaccine believers given up? Have they realized it didn't live up to its promises? Are they trying to let it slip away and hope no one notices? Are they trying to hide the adverse effects of the vaccine?

About 200 persons die every day from Covid, much more than any mass shooting. And only 1/3 of the population is boosted, so the goal was never reached.

"I'm going to shut down the virus!"

Old 10-17-2022, 07:10 PM

7,360 posts, read 6,534,071 times
As much as I love this data, I'm also more inclined to believe that the unvaccinated are also those that are less likely to run out and get a test. I know I've never been tested. The one cold I had a while back, it was over before I could have gotten anywhere to even BE tested.

Old 10-17-2022, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
As much as I love this data, I'm also more inclined to believe that the unvaccinated are also those that are less likely to run out and get a test. I know I've never been tested. The one cold I had a while back, it was over before I could have gotten anywhere to even BE tested.
There's a proportion of tests button at the upper right of the chart.

It doesn't tell you the number of tests - but it tells you the percentage of all of the tests. The unvaxxed comprised 23% of the tests taken.

Actually this table represents what newtovenice was saying. The unvaxxed were 16% of the total positive tests. The vaccinated had 84% of the total positive tests.

Old 10-17-2022, 07:35 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,796,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post

And yet here we are
Our own government hasn't been a trustworthy source of health information since.....I don't remember the last time they were a trustworthy source of information on anything.

Old 10-17-2022, 08:14 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Anyone who gets vaccinated will show Covid antibodies when tested.
All vaccines work by building the body's own defenses against the disease. Any disease humans develop resistance to will sho up on a test as positive.

If someone has never been vaccinated nor exposed to a disease, they will show no positive traces of it when tested.

Old 10-17-2022, 09:13 PM

3,113 posts, read 940,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Anyone who gets vaccinated will show Covid antibodies when tested.
All vaccines work by building the body's own defenses against the disease. Any disease humans develop resistance to will sho up on a test as positive.

If someone has never been vaccinated nor exposed to a disease, they will show no positive traces of it when tested.
They can differentiate between Abs from the vaccine (S Abs) and Abs from the infection (NP Abs). So even if you're vaccinated, they can tell if you had SARS-CoV-2 or not. Not sure if this was your point.

Anyways, I'm still surprised in this day and age, people are getting tested lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies