Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2022, 04:55 AM

7,368 posts, read 3,533,397 times

Advertisements

i identify rainbow flags as a symbol of God’s covenant after the great biblical flood. it’s nice to see religious symbolism back in schools.
It’s time we start teaching our kids with the rainbow really means
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2022, 05:59 AM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
I wonder what the losers of the contest drew. Probably something that did not promote a pro-vaccine, pro-LBGTQRSTUV agenda.

Old 10-21-2022, 06:18 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
It looks like the mural space was larger than the student's design, so she added some stuff to fill in. The source article shows that the basic design is the same. The narrow-minded critics made the allegations and assigned negative values to the images that no one else would have connected otherwise.
She didn't fill it in, some whacko teacher filled it in. The artistic style and content is completely different from this poor girl's.

This is a story about adults on both sides victimizing a 10th grade girl.

Old 10-21-2022, 06:33 AM

29,492 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Meh...it's art, not a big deal.

The interesting thing, at least for me, is the LGBT community makes up for roughly 10% of the US population, yet, why do we hear so much about it ?

I graduated HS in '87, and we had one visibly gay male out of a 700 plus person graduating class. I think in my entire life I've met maybe a handful of gay individuals, and become friends with three.

Old 10-21-2022, 06:50 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
i identify rainbow flags as a symbol of God’s covenant after the great biblical flood. it’s nice to see religious symbolism back in schools.
It’s time we start teaching our kids with the rainbow really means

It means different things to different people.

Old 10-21-2022, 06:55 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Meh...it's art, not a big deal.

The interesting thing, at least for me, is the LGBT community makes up for roughly 10% of the US population, yet, why do we hear so much about it ?

I graduated HS in '87, and we had one visibly gay male out of a 700 plus person graduating class. I think in my entire life I've met maybe a handful of gay individuals, and become friends with three.
I graduated in '84 from a school outside Boston and we had a couple of gay students in my class, I'm sure there were others but for their own reasons they didn't let it be known. The ones who did let it be known (simply because it was so obvious) were accepted and loved just like any other kid in my grade. We knew these kids from kindergarten.

What bothers me about this girl's frame of reference is that she has been convinced, probably by leftist teachers, that this country is a horrendous cesspool of bigots who would kill gay and lynch blacks if the law would allow it.

Old 10-21-2022, 06:57 AM

7,368 posts, read 3,533,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
It means different things to different people.
it sure does. i went to a state fair over the summer and tons of old tattered rainbow flags on the rides and concession stands. turns out carnivals and fairs donned rainbow flags before it became a symbol of “pride” - whatever that means

Old 10-21-2022, 07:00 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I graduated in '84 from a school outside Boston and we had a couple of gay students in my class, I'm sure there were others but for their own reasons they didn't let it be known. The ones who did let it be known (simply because it was so obvious) were accepted and loved just like any other kid in my grade. We knew these kids from kindergarten.

What bothers me about this girl's frame of reference is that she has been convinced, probably by leftist teachers, that this country is a horrendous cesspool of bigots who would kill gay and lynch blacks if the law would allow it.
Explain?

Old 10-21-2022, 07:00 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
The mural is neither brilliant nor pernicious. Much ado about nothing.

Old 10-21-2022, 07:08 AM

1,938 posts, read 825,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
AKA “Hand of God”. It’s a widely used symbol of protection.

She’s quite talented. I fail to see what the problem is.
Can't have the "hand of god" it promotes religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies