Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 04:13 PM

2,871 posts, read 1,150,567 times

Advertisements

Yuk.
Have the creators of this "ballerina" any self-respect?
These days, your average, normal person is the weirdo.

Old 10-27-2022, 04:16 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Anytime I hear the word Disney my ICK meter goes off and I'm disgusted. I used to love Disney and their movies and innocence. Now everything is a lesson in WOKE. I hope they eventually go bankrupt.

Old 10-27-2022, 05:09 PM

2,518 posts, read 1,300,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
It features a child at the barre in a ballet class. A CHILD, who is feeling good about moving her body until her teacher makes a comment about sucking in her stomach, which leads to a moment of crushing self-doubt. And then she regains her composure and goes back to learning to dance. I think it's an uplifting and encouraging message.
I understand. It's one of those classes where you pay $40/hour and the teacher says you're the best 10 times.

Old 10-27-2022, 05:14 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
I understand. It's one of those classes where you pay $40/hour and the teacher says you're the best 10 times.
Tell me that you haven't bothered to watch the animated short without actually telling me that you haven't watched the animated short.

Old 10-27-2022, 05:19 PM

246 posts, read 120,434 times
This being out there as a good or bad thing reminds me of the days when everyone in any competition received a trophy , with the adults feeling they were helping a child, and the kids thinking , this is cool , i didn't even try hard. walking away with the wrong message ..not realizing they were rotten players and if you want to really win you have to have your dad be a coach.
HAHAHA that was a joke ......sort of.

I feel weather others like it or not , the best man /woman wins .

An obese ballerina is showing us , I love to dance , but not as much as i love to eat. Many want to jump in and say , but it could be other issues , its not her fault , etc etc.....Weight is a matter of calories in and calories spent. No matter of anything else, and for legitimate situations a person may have , they can be overcome. Bottom line, it is up to each human to take responsibility for themselves. And the obese ballerina is putting out the wrong message . It is saying you do not have to dedicate yourself to this. You do not have to give your all . You do not have to worry about your health, you can be killing yourself slowly with food, and you can still be the ballerina.

Also those token fattys in the past , were usually comic relief and still were token.

Old 10-27-2022, 05:26 PM

2,903 posts, read 993,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
They fat shamed Trump and Nancy Pelosi even called him "morbidly obese"...

But just like that, leftists can flip the switch, and being fat is now brave...

Did they make fun of his "psychic?"

Old 10-27-2022, 05:30 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
which is it "plus-sized" or "obese"?...there is a difference..

Marylyn Monroe was plus-sized, or "hourglass figure".... certainly not a 2x2 like most of the twig models of today (they look sickly), and certainly not obese
Marilyn had an hourglass figure but was definitely not plus size.

https://curiosityaroused.com/culture...-a-size-12-16/

Old 10-27-2022, 05:54 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
If an obese follower visits any partner dance event, nobody will approach her. She will be psychologically traumatized.
I did semi-pro dancing in my 20's. Some moves involved my male partner picking me up and lifting me over his head. 5'1" and barely 100 lbs. Look at pairs figure skating. Small female skaters. Same reason as with dance. Forget those female gymnasts swinging on the high beams!

Be the best you can be, but we all have our limitations. I will never be able to reach the 3rd shelf on my kitchen cabinets.

Old 10-27-2022, 05:58 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I did semi-pro dancing in my 20's. Some moves involved my male partner picking me up and lifting me over his head. 5'1" and barely 100 lbs. Look at pairs figure skating. Small female skaters. Same reason as with dance. Forget those female gymnasts swinging on the high beams!

Be the best you can be, but we all have our limitations. I will never be able to reach the 3rd shelf on my kitchen cabinets.
Again, this animated short features a young child in a ballet class. There is no partner. It's just kids at the barre and a teacher commenting on their posture, which leads the heavy child to experience a moment of self-doubt. You all have gone way off into lala land with your criticisms.

Old 10-27-2022, 06:04 PM

17,803 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Thank you for the humor today, lol. We could use it.
Isn't it interesting that in a thread about a fat Disney ballerina...it's three of the guys who constantly accuse other of having TDS who are the ones who bring up his name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies