Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 07:25 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,975,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I have heard more about Transgender people from those complaining about transgender folk than I have ever heard from actual transgender individuals. I guess the topic is popular and generates views or clicks for people on social media but it is amplifying Transgenerdism way more than actual transgender people ever could from what I can see.
Makes one wonder why the government is intent on shoving transgenderism down everyone's throats, doesn't it.

If the push ISN'T coming from the transgender community .... where is it coming from?

Why do we have issues with bathrooms, locker rooms, showers, girls athletic/sports teams, women's spas/space, use of the English language, kids getting Fs on school assignments when they correctly recognize the science of men are men and women are women ... kids in elementary being taught transgenderism, school lunch federal funding for poor kids TIED to transgender education... if kids don't learn about transgenders, they GO HUNGRY per the feds ...

Why are girls/women's voices being silenced when they speak up?

Why did the NCAA have a chit fit about it?

All of it affects those who AREN'T transgender. Why?

As you point out ... the push? Ain't coming from the transgender community. So where is it coming from?

Old 10-28-2022, 07:37 AM

17,355 posts, read 12,311,581 times
Quote:
I have heard more about Transgender people from those complaining about transgender folk than I have ever heard from actual transgender individuals. I guess the topic is popular and generates views or clicks for people on social media but it is amplifying Transgenerdism way more than actual transgender people ever could from what I can see.
Yeah, have transgender friends and still hear more about transgender issues from people who are using it as a topic to fear monger. What my friends really want is just to be allowed to exist.

Meanwhile there are state legislators writing laws essentially to bully a single student in the whole state.

Old 10-28-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yeah, have transgender friends and still hear more about transgender issues from people who are using it as a topic to fear monger. What my friends really want is just to be allowed to exist.

Meanwhile there are state legislators writing laws essentially to bully a single student in the whole state.

Makes one wonder why the government is intent on shoving transgenderism down everyone's throats, doesn't it.

If the push ISN'T coming from the transgender community .... where is it coming from?

Why do we have issues with bathrooms, locker rooms, showers, girls athletic/sports teams, women's spas/space, use of the English language, kids getting Fs on school assignments when they correctly recognize the science of men are men and women are women ... kids in elementary being taught transgenderism, school lunch federal funding for poor kids TIED to transgender education... if kids don't learn about transgenders, they GO HUNGRY per the feds ...

As you point out ... the push? Ain't coming from the transgender community. So where is it coming from?

Old 10-28-2022, 07:49 AM

12,979 posts, read 9,690,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Because they wouldn't need gay conversion therapy -- just therapy.

You really are overthinking this.
Absolutely

Old 10-28-2022, 08:09 AM

6,004 posts, read 2,255,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

I guess I don't care about most of that. Pretty simple answer. Most of the major issues in my life revolve around economics, costs to raise children such as daycare costs, stagnant wages, housing costs, college costs, food costs, inflation, and wasteful spending at local, state, and Federal levels. Issues on Homosexuality and Transgender are not affecting my daily life in any way so why would I focus on them and not the issues that do affect me?

I have never had a big concern with what is in people's pants if someone is wearing a dress versus pants, who someone is having sex with as long as it's legal, nor if kids know homosexuals and Transgender people exist. I find it a waste of time since you are buying a kid what 3-4 years before they figure it out on their own that Transgender and Homosexual people exist. As soon as a kid hits middle school they can see for themselves that they exist so what exactly are you "EFFECTIVELY" shielding them from? Perhaps it would be better to discuss the issue before it dawns on them at 11 or 12?

I played sports since I was a kid, been in many locker rooms with naked kids when I was a kid, teens when I was a teen, and Adults when I played as an adult. At no time did I think "all these naked people in the showers are going to make me GAY". It has never been a concern and I have ever heard a College or Professional athlete say EVER after being on football teams for nearly 20 years.

Old 10-28-2022, 08:11 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,262,133 times
There is no science saying that gay people are born that way. The left frantically tried this 20+ years ago with the "gay gene".
There is more proof it has to do with environmental factors. Same with Transgenerism which in my opinion is pushed onto young children because its in vogue.

Old 10-28-2022, 08:14 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,412,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know nearly as much about transgender people as I do about gay people, especially gay men.

They will tell you they knew in elementary school.

Transgender people don't "choose" to feel like they were born in the wrong body. They might "choose" to express those feelings, or "choose" to keep those feelings hidden.

I believe when we have more technology, we will find that you can actually look at a human brain and see a switch flipped the wrong way in gay men, and transgender people.
It is annoying to have you serve as some sort of self appointed spokesperson for the gay community. Especially when you say divisive things like I have a switch flipped the wrong way. You of all people should know this.

Old 10-28-2022, 08:17 AM

Quote:
I guess I don't care about most of that. Pretty simple answer. Most of the major issues in my life revolve around economics, costs to raise children such as daycare costs, stagnant wages, housing costs, college costs, food costs, inflation, and wasteful spending at local, state, and Federal levels. Issues on Homosexuality and Transgender are not affecting my daily life in any way so why would I focus on them and not the issues that do affect me?

I have never had a big concern with what is in people's pants if someone is wearing a dress versus pants, who someone is having sex with as long as it's legal, nor if kids know homosexuals and Transgender people exist. I find it a waste of time since you are buying a kid what 3-4 years before they figure it out on their own that Transgender and Homosexual people exist. As soon as a kid hits middle school they can see for themselves that they exist so what exactly are you "EFFECTIVELY" shielding them from? Perhaps it would be better to discuss the issue before it dawns on them at 11 or 12?

I played sports since I was a kid, been in many locker rooms with naked kids when I was a kid, teens when I was a teen, and Adults when I played as an adult. At no time did I think "all these naked people in the showers are going to make me GAY". It has never been a concern and I have ever heard a College or Professional athlete say EVER after being on football teams for nearly 20 years.
Do you care if schoolchildren go hungry because the government is holding their lunches hostage unless they are taught transgenderism?

How do transgenders feel about that?

They OK with the fact they are pawns being used to withhold food from 9 year olds?

Care to address the reality and not go on monologue#3 about how much you don't care?

Old 10-28-2022, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
There is no science saying that gay people are born that way. The left frantically tried this 20+ years ago with the "gay gene".
There is more proof it has to do with environmental factors. Same with Transgenerism which in my opinion is pushed onto young children because its in vogue.
There are statistics on how many gay men were sexually abused as children. The number was very high.

I'll try to find it.

Old 10-28-2022, 08:29 AM

29,611 posts, read 14,742,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, ask a gay man when he decided he wanted to choose to be gay.

When did you decide to be straight?
I only know two gay individuals. One I actually dated in HS. She went on in her 20's and got married , to a male. Then got divorced. She bounced around dating for a few years, we actually hooked up a few times...then 10 years later we reconnect on FB and I see she is remarried to a woman.

My "work wife" , who is currently married to another woman, dated guys, and didn't "come out" until her 20's.

I'm not going to argue if people are born this way or not, I just think it is subjective, and isn't a one size fits all answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies