Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2022, 03:41 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,423,206 times

Advertisements

Jon Stewart says all of Depape's recent posts were word for word from Tucker Carlson. Elsewhere, I have seen Depape called a QAnon.

Biden is giving a speech tonight, and I bet you he will talk about this attack, and that it calls for more censorship of social media. (He won't call it censorship, of course).

But I have also seen Depape described as a far left loony.

Most of all, everyone has to admit, he is a mentally ill homeless drug addict.

So Biden wants to increase censorship of "dangerous right-wing conspiracy theories," to prevent lunatics from attacking people?

Trump, on the other hand, blamed the attack on the high rates of crime in cities.

So we'll see what Biden says about it. I bet he blames far right conspiracy theorists, such as Tucker Carlson. And how will Biden suggest Carlson should be censored? That is mainstream news, not a QAnon website.

Old 11-02-2022, 04:01 PM

7,354 posts, read 3,819,045 times
As much as I want to feel bad for people like Depape, as his mental illness no doubt led to his violent actions, the state has a duty to protect the people from the Depapes of the world, and what have they done? Absolutely nothing.

The unsupervised outpatient treatment model is a total failure for schizophrenics. The states closed mental hospitals mostly to save money, and it appears that was a mistake.

It's time for hard medicine.

See your social worker and take your medicine as prescribed or you're back to the mental hospital or jail.
Submit to random drug tests or you're back to the mental hospital or jail.
No exceptions.

It's time to think about the rights of the people again and stop focusing on the rights of the mentally ill.

Old 11-02-2022, 04:08 PM

1,746 posts, read 880,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Jon Stewart says all of Depape's recent posts were word for word from Tucker Carlson. Elsewhere, I have seen Depape called a QAnon.

Biden is giving a speech tonight, and I bet you he will talk about this attack, and that it calls for more censorship of social media. (He won't call it censorship, of course).

So Biden wants to increase censorship of "dangerous right-wing conspiracy theories," to prevent lunatics from attacking people?

Trump, on the other hand, blamed the attack on the high rates of crime in cities.

So we'll see what Biden says about it. I bet he blames far right conspiracy theorists, such as Tucker Carlson. And how will Biden suggest Carlson should be censored? That is mainstream news, not a QAnon website.

Is Jon Stewart really stupid enough to believe that this homeless nutcase who lives in a school bus has cable tv hooked up to it and knows who Jessie Watters actually is???

Old 11-02-2022, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
As much as I want to feel bad for people like Depape, as his mental illness no doubt led to his violent actions, the state has a duty to protect the people from the Depapes of the world, and what have they done? Absolutely nothing.

The unsupervised outpatient treatment model is a total failure for schizophrenics. The states closed mental hospitals mostly to save money, and it appears that was a mistake.

It's time for hard medicine.

See your social worker and take your medicine as prescribed or you're back to the mental hospital or jail.
Submit to random drug tests or you're back to the mental hospital or jail.
No exceptions.

It's time to think about the rights of the people again and stop focusing on the rights of the mentally ill.
There seems to be an epidemic of homelessness in some cities, and they might be mostly mentally ill and/or addicts. They need to be taken care of somehow, and they are not.

Old 11-02-2022, 04:14 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post

That's what the left is trying to do. They are trying to censor freedom of speech from conservatives and blaming them for what these loonies do. The day that happens then it will put an end to our democracy. All the hateful speech by the left will be allowed their freedom of speech though.

Old 11-02-2022, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
Is Jon Stewart really stupid enough to believe that this homeless nutcase who lives in a school bus has cable tv hooked up to it and knows who Jessie Watters actually is???
He said Tucker Carlson.

Anyone who actually watches Tucker Carlson would probably agree he is NOT a crazed conspiracy theorist. He just is not mainstream, not a partisan robot for either side.

I would like to know what Depape really said, and whether his QAnon style comments were actually written by him.

Old 11-02-2022, 04:28 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
With freedom there is responsibility.

That holds true for speech, too. The founding fathers said the Congress of the United States shall make no law...

They said nothing about good sense, your boss or your momma.

But there are laws against slander and libel. I can't wait for the lawsuits to start.

Old 11-02-2022, 04:34 PM

23,619 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Will Biden* have the military standing behind him again while giving his campaign speech?

Old 11-02-2022, 04:34 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Oh yah blame it on Free speech. Blame it on Trump. By this time next week the Left will be able to blame everything on the new Musky Twitter...

Old 11-02-2022, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
With freedom there is responsibility.

That holds true for speech, too. The founding fathers said the Congress of the United States shall make no law...

They said nothing about good sense, your boss or your momma.

But there are laws against slander and libel. I can't wait for the lawsuits to start.
Yes but, politicians are allowed to criticize their opponents. It can't always be easy to decide what is slander or libel, vs criticism.

Biden probably approves of censorship of covid vaccines, and of the Ukraine war policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies