Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 09:42 AM

11,789 posts, read 5,798,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Wondered about that as I had a skull fracture and subdural hematoma from a motorcycle wreck (along with multiple neck fractures).

Fortunately I ended up not requiring surgery though the Dr.s were ready to go in if they had to so I wondered what was required in Pelosi's case.
That especially in view of him returning home quickly.
I'm glad you recovered without any type of brain damage. The news makes mountains out of mole hills - doesn't matter the party - they just want to be the first to air something and have little verifiable data to back it up - not like the old days where they needed more than one source.

It would be a good idea if many posters here went and read All the President's Men to understand how incompetent journalists are today and the standards they had to abide by and follow 50 yrs ago.

Today's journalists grab someone else's story without verifying it - put their own spin on it and publish it. There are so many different types of fractures and treatments that people not in the medical field have no clue of.

People to this day don't realize that a fracture is a break. One sounds worse than the other to them so they use that term to gain more sympathy.

Old 11-06-2022, 09:43 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Some people can't see past their own noses or their own worlds.
Oh brother . See post #290.

Old 11-06-2022, 09:45 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I think the talking in code came about because he supposedly said conflicting things. Like he's a friend, but he's an intruder I don't know named David. All those things can't be true. So, either confused or sending a "coded" message.

I don't know if the dispatcher and the 911 operator are the same person. I recall the police chief praising a woman as the 911 op.
Did you listen to the dispatch call. There was zero sense of urgency.

Typically 911 operators answer and dispatch the same call. This is true in San Francisco if you read their job description. https://sfdem.org/become-dispatcher

There’s no room for a middle man between the person who answers the 911 call and the person who dispatches it for many reasons.

Old 11-06-2022, 09:56 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
The SF DA gave very carefully crafted statements and answers. She answering to others while trying to inform the public. I wonder if Nancy had to call Gavin for some names and favors.

It's seems like a clear cut case of assault. Motivations can be argued later. I don't even think court cases require motivation they just want proof the suspect did the act. This seems like a winning case in court.

I wonder what the average San Francisco felon gets for assaulting and injuring their victim.

Old 11-06-2022, 09:59 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Did you listen to the dispatch call. There was zero sense of urgency.

Typically 911 operators answer and dispatch the same call. This is true in San Francisco if you read their job description. https://sfdem.org/become-dispatcher

There’s no room for a middle man between the person who answers the 911 call and the person who dispatches it for many reasons.
They are trained to stay calm. Hence why they code things for level of priority rather than depending on tone of voice.

They said Pelosi left the line open. Maybe she called her supervisor over because she wasn't entirely sure what to do and/or she kept listening to the open line to hear more and her sup. took over the actual dispatch?

Old 11-06-2022, 10:24 AM

1,353 posts, read 789,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Ha!

I used to build security systems in many homes of the very, very wealthy, inside and outside of them. These systems covered everything under the sun.
Why don't the Pelosi's use their's?

Also as an Electrician I know where all of their receptacles are for convenience around the bedrooms that you and I wish we had.
For a good reason: he did not want them to record his friend coming in.

Old 11-06-2022, 10:26 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
They are trained to stay calm. Hence why they code things for level of priority rather than depending on tone of voice.

They said Pelosi left the line open. Maybe she called her supervisor over because she wasn't entirely sure what to do and/or she kept listening to the open line to hear more and her sup. took over the actual dispatch?
I know they are trained to stay calm. The male dispatcher didn’t indicate anything that this was an urgent situation when dispatching the call. The female 911 operator was said to have known that this was an urgent call and she could tell he was speaking in coded language. Do you not see some major discrepancies with this?

If you think about the kind of calls a dispatcher in SF was used to, I highly doubt an experienced dispatcher would need her supervisor to help her with this kind of call.

Maybe one day we’ll hear the 911 tape since it is a matter of public record and legally should be released to the public if requested.

Old 11-06-2022, 10:33 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
That an 82 year old man who was viciously attacked with a hammer is the butt of anyone's jokes goes to the core of how rotten this country has become. Why would anyone revel or joke about something so heinous, no matter who the person was?
As soon as the police release the police cam videos will can put aside any jokes.

Old 11-06-2022, 10:38 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
Clearly at this point Nancy Pelosi does not see it your way or even she does not have the ability to override the DA. Shrugs.
Of course Nancy does as in San Francisco she is a very powerful person and what Nancy wants Nancy gets.
What happens if the attacker is declared incompetent and doesn't stand trial? The police videos will not be needed and the public will be left out of the process and poor Nancy will get her way no matter what.

Old 11-06-2022, 10:41 AM

23,607 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I know they are trained to stay calm. The male dispatcher didn’t indicate anything that this was an urgent situation when dispatching the call. The female 911 operator was said to have known that this was an urgent call and she could tell he was speaking in coded language. Do you not see some major discrepancies with this?

If you think about the kind of calls a dispatcher in SF was used to, I highly doubt an experienced dispatcher would need her supervisor to help her with this kind of call.

Maybe one day we’ll hear the 911 tape since it is a matter of public record and legally should be released to the public if requested.
Yep.

Police can enter a residence uninvited when doing a wellness check IF there was a sense of urgency in the 911 call.

That the police stood in the doorway instead of entering when the door was opened and only entered after Paul was struck pretty much shows that there was no urgency in the 911 call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies