Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 04:43 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Twitter tells advertisers that user growth is at ‘all-time highs’ under Elon Musk
https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/7/2...gh-advertisers

Twitter’s daily user growth hit “all-time highs” during the first full week of Elon Musk owning the platform, according to a company document obtained by The Verge.

Since Musk’s dramatic takeover, Twitter’s monetizable daily user (mDAU) growth has accelerated to more than 20 percent, while “Twitter’s largest market, the US, is growing even more quickly,” according to an internal FAQ obtained by The Verge that was shared with Twitter’s sales team on Monday to use in conversations with advertisers. Per the FAQ, Twitter has added more than 15 million mDAUs, “crossing the quarter billion mark” since the end of the second quarter, when it stopped reporting financials as a public company.
I've avoided Twitter like the plague until now, I plan to look into opening an account soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2022, 05:52 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,317 times
Now there is talk Musk may be planning to put a paywall on Twitter for all.

Elon Musk Considers Putting All of Twitter Behind Paywall in Latest Genius Idea

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...824e1#comments

Old 11-08-2022, 06:14 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post

Biased article, no named source, just "I'm told..."

He was going to charge $20/mo, until Stephen King had a fit. That's when it dropped to $8/mo for those who want the dumb check mark by their name. Why not make money off of other's egos? But for everyone? Meh, I doubt it. He would lose, which I'm sure the writer of the article would love to see.

Old 11-08-2022, 06:21 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Blue Checked people MAKE money off Twitter...I don't see why they can't contribute towards it's upkeep.

Twitter currently has 4,24,000 verified users as of 2022. If all of these users agree to pay $8 to keep their blue tick, Twitter would generate about $3.4 million every month. Some reports was that they were losing $4M a month prior to the mass layoffs.

Old 11-08-2022, 06:23 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Biased article, no named source, just "I'm told..."

He was going to charge $20/mo, until Stephen King had a fit. That's when it dropped to $8/mo for those who want the dumb check mark by their name. Why not make money off of other's egos? But for everyone? Meh, I doubt it. He would lose, which I'm sure the writer of the article would love to see.
Lots of outlets are reporting it now. The Daily Mail picked it up too. They have a name. He has been discussing it with tech investor David Sacks.

The $20 blue checkmark fee started as a rumor too...Fee has been lowered, but it's definitely happening. Musk needs revenue quickly. I agree, this would be a mistake. However...Elon knows many are addicted to social media like crack. He can likely get a lot of people to pay up.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...NED-users.html

Old 11-08-2022, 06:36 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,399,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Wish i was investor, should have seen it coming. Anyway, Truth Social stock is up 66% today
That's a $26 stock that was a $101 stock.

Old 11-08-2022, 06:43 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Blue Checked people MAKE money off Twitter...I don't see why they can't contribute towards it's upkeep.

Twitter currently has 4,24,000 verified users as of 2022. If all of these users agree to pay $8 to keep their blue tick, Twitter would generate about $3.4 million every month. Some reports was that they were losing $4M a month prior to the mass layoffs.
exactly....people don't seen to get that.....they are making money off Twitter

Old 11-08-2022, 06:50 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,549 times
Quote:

That'd get rid of the Leftist bots that remain.

Old 11-08-2022, 06:55 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I joined after he bought it.

Still haven't used it much, just figuring out how it works.
Me too. I always thought it was mostly about Hollywood elites. But it's not and you can ignore those idiots.

It's actually quite interesting.

Old 11-08-2022, 07:32 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Lots of outlets are reporting it now. The Daily Mail picked it up too. They have a name. He has been discussing it with tech investor David Sacks.

The $20 blue checkmark fee started as a rumor too...Fee has been lowered, but it's definitely happening. Musk needs revenue quickly. I agree, this would be a mistake. However...Elon knows many are addicted to social media like crack. He can likely get a lot of people to pay up.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...NED-users.html
so from your article,
" according to a new report from tech journalist Casey Newton at Platformer"

which is what "lots" of outlets are picking up, because this is just how things work in progressive-land like wikipedia where one outlet publishes something, 20 others copy it, and all of a sudden wikipedia has 20 "approved" sources repeating the same thing

So following up to Platformer:
https://www.platformer.news/p/musk-d...all-of-twitter

We see that the only information about this is:
"Musk has discussed putting the entire site behind a paywall, Platformer has learned"

SO, essentially there's some guy who was in the room when Elon was brainstorming every possible option (which is what intelligent people do, look at all options), and the guy ran to his reporter to friend "GUESS WHAT ELON SAID!!!"

What they don't report is there were 99 other ideas thrown out there in same meeting from making the platform completely open source to adding new video features to whatever and that this then gets boiled down to the best X ideas and they develop those further until they get to actual policy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies