Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 10:37 AM

9,742 posts, read 11,163,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this, but DJT isn't the ONLY problem facing the GOP. He's a problem, maybe even a big problem, but the fact remains that he was off the ballot with ALL of these problems in this country and the GOP couldn't even get a 2014-type wave.

Get rid of him, sure. You still have Cocaine Mitch, Rick Scott and Kevin McCarthy. You still have MTG. You still have a perception problem with the American public who hates you. Gotta regroup. An RDS as a nominee won't guarantee you victory in 2024.
I hear what you are saying. But Trump was on my mind. That's because if someone is an election denier AND they are in a key position, it's a dangerous combination. I'm registered in AZ. Kari Lake is a problem. And the other election denier on the ballot was a guy by the name of Mark Finchem who was running for the Secretary of State. And now, they very well may lose.

They should be blowing away the Dem's in AZ. But they are not for ONE reason.... Both promised they would not certify the past election. And if Trump has several butt-kissers in the right spot, he WOULD "win". Mind you, Lake is smart, has name recognition, and is articulate. She's polished. She was hitting on resonating topics too. All she needed to do is say that the election probably wasn't rigged but there are ways to make sure it doesn't happen. Like having a more rigorous procedure that makes sure someone is an actual voter. As in, voter ID. Without it, people will have doubts and that is a threat on democracy. That pleases the deniers that Mr. Pillow and Trump fired up AND her argument would be adult-like and professional. Because of her radical approach, now she cannot even dominate a Dem who was too scared to debate. Again, there is only ONE reason why I voted for Hobb's who refused to debate. Because Hobb's didn't spread B.S. lies. It's why sleepy Joe who didn't campaign won. Joe was hated less.

Oh.. Watch John Oliver's POV. Watch the whole thing as he lays out the exact argument I and others were worried about. In other words, the January 6th hearing worked on independents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0LA7Ff2hgs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2022, 10:55 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
DJT being a problem for the GOP?

You’re just a leftist and falling for their hate against The Don. There’s an agenda by the left to demonize Trump when he’s the best thing for the Republican Party.

The Don is the greatest. He needs to run again and if you disagree you need to turn off CNN and MSNBC.
How about the NY Post?

https://www.marca.com/en/lifestyle/u...2608b4596.html

Old 11-10-2022, 01:49 PM

2,388 posts, read 2,341,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
DJT being a problem for the GOP?

You’re just a leftist and falling for their hate against The Don. There’s an agenda by the left to demonize Trump when he’s the best thing for the Republican Party.

The Don is the greatest. He needs to run again and if you disagree you need to turn off CNN and MSNBC.
Trump Cultism is real, folks. Here's a prime example.
Run him again against Biden. Texas will be in play.

Old 11-10-2022, 01:51 PM

811 posts, read 550,720 times
Quote:
Lmao go through my post history. You’ll be very surprised and you’ll come to find out my post was sarcasm.

Trump cultism IS real. And most of this forum was in on it up until 2022 apparently.

I like Trump now because he is causing in-fighting for Republicans. His ego will keep him fighting for the spot and will go head to head with Desantis.

Old 11-10-2022, 01:57 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,780,990 times
Quote:

TDS is real too, folks. ^^^

Old 11-10-2022, 03:32 PM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times
I was sure the follow up to this topic was going to be ... ****

Old 11-10-2022, 03:49 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Please don't run in 2024. The country is too divided. Throw your backing behind DeSantis who is more moderate and less confrontational. We need unity of the party along with the support of on-the-fence independents to beat the corrupt Dems - not more years of you getting attacked for things you did not do.

We know you can help and we need you -- but you can do more good in some other capacity without the headaches. That's if the US is still around and there is an election in 2024...
Trump does have good ideas, for the most part, our nation's economy and relative peace around the world is proof of that. Trump's problem is that he is his own worst enemy. He can be in an Olympic triathlon about to cross the finish line and and win the gold, but he'd slow down to exchanged insults with a no name heckler in the crowd, and lose the race so badly that he'd place in the middle of the pack.

This is why so many people voted for Trump because of his policies, even though they don't like him as a person.

Old 11-12-2022, 04:55 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
We currently have one of the worst presidents of all time that many Democrats and independents are unhappy with. We have parents across the country angered that the teachers unions in step with the far left are attempting to control their kids. We have a horrible economic situation. We have fuel prices skyrocketing because the far left are at war with fossil fuels. We have crime rampant in large part because far leftists are allowing it.

You would think the Republicans would have slaughtered the Democrats in the last mid term but they didn't and you need to ask why unless you want to keep losing and keep letting the far left winning.

Want to know why the Republicans did so bad?

1 January 6th'rs . Everybody saw them acting like fools, dressed in viking horns, carrying confederate flags, stealing things, putting feet on desks taking selfies, vandalizing. They set back the image of Republicans for years, and damaged the image of a already damaged Trump even more.

2 Trump, the fact is many won't vote for him because they don't like the guy, what accomplishments he did doesn't matter to them and now because of January 6th'rs again many will always see those images when they think of Trump.

3 Abortion ruling, this I am sure had a impact not so much as 1 and 2

4 Candidates that got tied to 1, 2 and 3

However DeSantis rocked the vote, even among Democrats and independents, the Republicans better look at why. Unless you have blind loyalty to Trump and if so you can expect to lose more. The fact is one person should not define the party and if that is the case the party is in trouble anyway.

Need to be pragmatic about this

Old 11-12-2022, 05:04 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

This is why so many people voted for Trump because of his policies, even though they don't like him as a person.
Dems might keep the senate and the Repubs will have a razor thin majority in the house when this mid term should have been a blowout for Republicans and many who would have voted Republican did not because of candidates that had ties to Trump or acted like Trump

So many are NOT voting for him because they dislike him as a person even if they are angry at Dems or generally agree with Republicans.

Rep. Boebert should have won easy but she engaged herself in Trump style personality and she may loose her seat. Many Republican and independent voters in her district said they didn't vote for her because. So personality matters.

https://news.yahoo.com/rep-boebert-l...225140765.html

Old 11-12-2022, 05:23 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I'm looking at pictures of Trump on the news right now, and he does not look right, physically. His face looks tired and orange jokes aside, his color and his skin look bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies