Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2022, 07:50 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You are hilarious.

If Democrats hire and exploit illegals, it's because they care.

If Republicans hire and exploit illegals, it's because they profit.

You have to be joking. Seriously. BEST comic post of the day.
Somehow I missed the part about Democrats and their hearts. OMG. The delusion is thick with that one.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:52 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Largely because they know they'll be hired quickly and with no fuss.

And that's been going on long prior to Biden being in office.

We've got well-established 501(c)3s, who have been around for 20+ years. Con Mi Madre, the Literacy Coalition, etc, and on and on, have been here to transition illegal aliens into a smoother introduction to the community and make it easier for their children to succeed.

Because no one actually wants them gone. It's likely true that nearly everyone would see the benefit of slowing the flow to a trickle, but no one actually wants them not to come here.

No one in leadership power, anyway.
And as I said, if the Democrats would sign an e-verify bill, finish the wall and stop encouraging them to come here with enticements we could get illegal immigration under control. Why does that constantly escape you? A new record of surges happened under Biden's watch and that is what we are talking about!

Illegal aliens nor their broods should be transitioned into our country they should be deported!

Nobody wants them gone? How about those of us in this forum alone and the millions of other anti-illegals in our country? Honest employers want them gone to because it hurts their businesses having to compete with the greedy employers who hire illegals. It's BS that many Republicans in congress don't want them gone either. Trump and his supporters sure wanted them gone. Where have you been?

Old 11-10-2022, 07:55 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Somehow I missed the part about Democrats and their hearts. OMG. The delusion is thick with that one.
It's an act. No doubts about that. C-D plant. IMO, anyway. I refuse to believe anyone is that delusional. I mean really. Democrats who profit off illegals do it because they care, but Republicans do it because they are mean. Sheer idiocy.

I'm still clinging to hope that there is some shred of sanity in everyone, but admittedly losing that hope little by little every day.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
I went to a school in a Latino area. The Latino kids were taught Spanish. I always felt a bit cheated that I wasn't as well. If they are trying to make things "equitable" they need it so all people understand each other. Not just teach some so that they can live in segregated communities and use language as a shield. Oh well life isn't fair and Spanish is a very simple language to learn.
Why the hell should native English speakers in our country have to learn Spanish to communicate with illegal invaders and their broods? Are you joking? Most Hispanic Americans know English so we have our common language of English to communicate in. Just when you think you have heard it all.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:56 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Lost all hope for the US, this can only end in Civil War

For the country not to overwhelmingly throw out the Democrats with everything they've done especially on child sex mutilation, immigration, COVID, police, national debt, etc etc means that there is no hope.

The Democrats will continue implementing these Marxist ideas until they have an iron grip on everyone, people are going to start shooting, then they're going to come down with the military and what we know as America will be gone
It is quite clear that democrats will never become sane again and will never engage in elections fairly.

The only way to preserve sanity is secession. I sincerely believe that the "Balkanization" of the US will be a peaceful process and will ultimately come to reality when we have such radically different views of reality in opposition with each other.

Liberalism is a game of "one upmanship" to see who can be the most outrageous or offended. Thus it is a process DESIGNED to produce more extreme and radical views as time progresses as the expense of common sense and sanity. When I told people in the past that libs would try to normalize pedophilia and transgenderism, they just laughed and said that no one would be that crazy! Well......................liberals ARE that crazy.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:58 AM

8,504 posts, read 4,747,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Then look up the word "virtual" you will see that it's an ample word used in the term virtual open borders. Why keep focusing on wording though anyway? The fact is that with all the enticements of the Democrats to crash our border and not finishing the wall they are coming here in droves and are being processed and allowed into our country especially when claiming asylum. Just face the facts quit and grasping at straws about terminology.
Well, because we aren’t agreeing on facts, which is the first rule of a debate. Using loaded terminology and presenting it as fact is why nobody gets through to anybody anymore. That’s the deep issue tearing this country apart, and I would suggest it’s as least as harmful - and I believe more so - than any policy or political platform. A robust exchange of ideas and fact finding is now nigh impossible.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:59 AM

Quote:
By the time Biden is out of office there will be so many illegals in the country anyway and they are probably all going to have a dozen kids each as we are paying for them. I don't see the damage being reparable. So I am actually going to prepare myself to do the best I can in spite of it. I have begun learning Spanish. Not because I intend to compete against them but because then I can find work managing teams of them here.

If I had kids I would encourage them to learn Spanish and make sure they have a specialty skill. A bilingual, construction foreman, who is fully functioning on a computer and can do at least basic coding, is a nice profile to have. Some sort of tech hybrid.

I am afraid at this point you can't stop it so you should adapt to it. Unmitigated illegal immigration is going to mean you are either part of the ruling class or under class. My hillbilly neighbor complains about it but doesn't have internet at his home. If I use my phone to control my heat or tv he thinks it is some sort of black magic. I don't know why the right are so afraid of the net and tech. I can not think of a larger disservice you could do to your children raising them to be computer illiterate.
Ridiculous remark again about having our country being turned into a Spanish speaking country via illegal immigration and then willingly accommodating them.

What does your last paragraph have to do with this topic anyway? Is this your way of demonizing underclassed southern whites?

Old 11-10-2022, 08:01 AM

11,270 posts, read 11,032,046 times
Quote:
By the time Biden is out of office there will be so many illegals in the country anyway and they are probably all going to have a dozen kids each as we are paying for them. I don't see the damage being reparable.
Democrats are counting on it. If there is one thing that dirt poor illiterate people do well it is making babies. They absolutely excel at it.

Old 11-10-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Well, because we aren’t agreeing on facts, which is the first rule of a debate. Using loaded terminology and presenting it as fact is why nobody gets through to anybody anymore. That’s the deep issue tearing this country apart, and I would suggest it’s as least as harmful - and I believe more so - than any policy or political platform. A robust exchange of ideas and fact finding is now nigh impossible.
According to Collins English Dictionary and the American Heritage Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language, the word virtual is an adjective with a couple of different meanings. A person can use virtual to mean that something is nearly true. Those ARE the facts!

Old 11-10-2022, 08:03 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,400,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why the hell should native English speakers in our country have to learn Spanish to communicate with illegal invaders and their broods? Are you joking? Most Hispanic Americans know English so we have our common language of English to communicate in. Just when you think you have heard it all.
They shouldn't have to, it should be offered though. I would have opted to do it. Why should I as a citizen be deprived of an educational opportunity because I am white? Guess who has an advantage in the work place? The bilingual candidate or the monolingual one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies