Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 05:53 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,250,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
God is in control, and if I were seeking through His eyes - I’d be very jealous and angry that his people are worshiping a Orangetop god, and hating the people he created. Snatching babies from their mothers and making mammon be the #1 priority. Calling what is bad good, and good bad. Not being fair with worker’s pay. Unfair high interests and not taking care of the widows n the poor. Not treating the foreigner with kindness and having no compassion or forgiveness for the sinners. This of course applies to those calling themselves Christians.
Except the Dems have been hating and chasing the “Orangetop god” and hating his supporters for 6+ years.

Who’s not being fair with workers pay, and please be specific?

There’s a hUUUge amount of poor folks being taken care of, and many getting paid to sit on the couch while only the mentally or physically unable to take care of themselves deserve help.

I recall an eye for an eye, and criminals and violent criminals get dumped back on the streets to do it again, so they’re certainly being forgiven, yet they choose not to behave themselves.

Billions of dollars get spent on foreigners every year, and many are living greatly better than those who are already here and need him.

Folks that don’t like how others are being treated and don’t think they’re receiving enough handouts have every right to step up and give them all of their disposable income and/or bring them into their homes and take care of them. Yet when foreigners are put in Dem states where these folks say they want them into the country chase them out, that’s not at all Christian like.

Old 11-12-2022, 05:56 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,084,782 times
Quote:
God is in control, and if I were seeking through His eyes - I’d be very jealous and angry that his people are worshiping a Orangetop god, and hating the people he created. Snatching babies from their mothers and making mammon be the #1 priority. Calling what is bad good, and good bad. Not being fair with worker’s pay. Unfair high interests and not taking care of the widows n the poor. Not treating the foreigner with kindness and having no compassion or forgiveness for the sinners. This of course applies to those calling themselves Christians.

Goodness. That sounds really bad.

I wonder then what He thinks of those who murder babies in their mother’s womb, and who declare that children can choose their gender. What does He think of the rampant crime, of the celebration of lawlessness? What does He think of the cheating and the lying by those in power? What does He think of the rampant hypocrisy by those pursuing the green agenda?

Because all of that is worse.

“First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” (Matthew 7:5)

Old 11-12-2022, 05:57 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,250,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post

I wonder then what He thinks of those who murder babies in their mother’s womb, and who declare that children can choose their gender. What does He think of the rampant crime, of the celebration of lawlessness? What does He think of the cheating and the lying by those in power? What does He think of the rampant hypocrisy by those pursuing the green agenda?

“First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” (Matthew 7:5)
Bingo

Old 11-12-2022, 05:59 PM

29,568 posts, read 14,714,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, it is what it is, in most places.
Exactly. As much as it sucks, life goes on. My wife and i's life is pretty good, and hopefully we will continue to enjoy our lives regardless of who is in power. We will have to adjust our investments, watch our spending, and hopefully we don't lose our right to protect ourselves.

Old 11-12-2022, 06:00 PM

35,755 posts, read 21,113,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post

I’m sure he is not happy with that either - but what he said was love the sinner. Don’t crush them. And there’s no “worse” a sin is a sin. He has no respect of persons, He judges the heart, or intent. Just as He loved David, He love us all, but how are we treating each other ? The rep religious right is always the one pointing the finger and never giving account.

Old 11-12-2022, 06:02 PM

29,568 posts, read 14,714,442 times
Quote:
It’s just Common sense - boomers will be older or gone and Zoomers will turn of age and be the larger pop in 2025. You might - maybe get ‘24 but will depend n the candidate. DeSantis is a Fl man, a governor, not sure can get in with the big boys/ girls yet Tricky Rick Scott will bump him out.
Yup...us 50 plus individuals have to realize our country is going to be drastically different in the decades going forward. I guess all good things come to an end.

Old 11-12-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yup...us 50 plus individuals have to realize our country is going to be drastically different in the decades going forward. I guess all good things come to an end.
And the next generation might think what happened here was terrible. Many now look at the 50’s as glorious yet other suffered a lot during those years.

Old 11-12-2022, 06:07 PM

27,189 posts, read 15,359,752 times
"If R̶e̶p̶u̶b̶l̶i̶c̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶ Americans failed this bad in 2022, imagine the landslide win Dems get in 2024. Repubs may never see power again"

Old 11-12-2022, 06:08 PM

19,227 posts, read 16,739,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Young voter turnout stops the red wave and even millions more blue voters reaching voting age within 2 years
I agree. If one party continues to promise free this and free that, what young person won't show their appreciation with a vote thrown their way? Not all but a good many young people don't take the initiative to make a success of their life. They rely on someone else to foot the bill for their creature comforts. Good luck with that. Eventually, the well runs dry. Then what will you do?

Old 11-12-2022, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I agree. If one party continues to promise free this and free that, what young person won't show their appreciation with a vote thrown their way? Not all but a good many young people don't take the initiative to make a success of their life. They rely on someone else to foot the bill for their creature comforts. Good luck with that. Eventually, the well runs dry. Then what will you do?
You give no credit geesh. I see more young millionaires than ever before. It’s that they doing things their own way. Most of my generation got a leg up with the military. The survivors of the wars got easy ways into housing and education. That’s not happening much anymore. The millennials are in debt before they even get into the workforce. Good job we did there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies