Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 08:06 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
As a Libertarian. This situation there is horrible. The question for MAGA is, what exactly do you want Biden and the left to do about this? After Afghanistan I don't want Biden doing anything. Whatever it is would be a disaster. And our history of meddling in Iran has not gone well.

I don't know how many here understand the history of the US and Iran going back to the mid 20th century. Iran had a democratically elected government but did not want to make oil concessions the US government wanted. So we helped overthrow the government and put the Shah of Iran back into power. He was a brutal dictator but he agreed to the terms we wanted regarding oil. So that set off decades of problems over there and hatred towards America. The Shah was overthrown and an anti american theocracy took over. And here we are today.

We don't need to get involved in Iran's issues. Or any other countries.
Bolded: 100% agreement! The less Brandon does, the better.

I also believe that it's time for us to stop meddling in every other country, and pay attention to our own country and its citizens.

What makes anyone think that it's our job to go all over the world and tell other countries how they should run things?

It's not our job.

If they actually do take out 15,000 protesters, it will definitely rile up some Human Rights organizations. If you want to make any kind of difference, no matter what party - or no party - you vote for, then start with those organizations that deal with these insane countries. To ask a party, or members of a party, to 'do something' is ridiculous. There is nothing you nor I can do.

Do you think that if I traveled to Iran and said, 'Mr. Mullah, for the sake of all females in your country, stop being so mean. Give them some of the freedoms they are asking for, and stop beating them to death for this damn cloth over their hair', that it would make a difference? Even if I said it very diplomatically, it wouldn't do jack all, and I'd probably never be allowed to leave.

We have groups who do what they can. Support those groups if you care so much. Donate to them, help them, but stop asking the U.S. to do everything, especially stomping over there and wagging our finger in their faces while yelling, 'Stop this right now! Or else!'

Every time we do that, things get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 10:59 PM

2,330 posts, read 961,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Try posting criticism of Iran or China on an Iranian or Chinese platform and let me know how that works out for you.

There’s a fool in this discussion, and it isn’t me.
Are we moving goalposts here?

I'm talking about how our MSM is blatantly being dishonest and fooling all of us into contempt for a people and nation that very, very few here know on a personal level.

Old 11-19-2022, 07:19 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/20...estors-n510889

I'm sure we can expect American liberals to be highly outraged about this...and do nothing as usual. The left's definition of "women's rights" is keeping Democrats in power no matter who they are (Bill Clinton, Andrew Cuomo, Joe Biden) or what they do or don't do.
biden will assure iran gets the bomb
biden will assure iran we will buy their oil
biden assures iran will sell arms to russia
biden will assure iran continues to bomb Israel

biden will assure Iran continues its custom of killing its own citizens. Hey, biden probaby says.......in a lucid moment in delaware....... those women broke their own cultural norms.... not my problem

It was susan rice who said in an editorial we must get used to iran having nukes. biden is all in for iran and its murderous ways as long as we get some oil in the deal.

Left only supports ultra left wing extremist women who vote democrat. they have their limit!

Old 11-19-2022, 10:56 AM

2,330 posts, read 961,757 times
It's very simple to follow.
If you are not obedient to the US regime, you are branded as an evil, enemy, authoritarian, human rights violators, a "regime" etc. - all of these buzzwords that appeal to you emotionally - and the US.gov will use their media, which has global reach, to slander you. It's being used against Russia, China, Venezuela, North Korea and of course Iran.
Simple but effective, as we can see from all the sheeple that fall for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPo5ZvAy58M
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies