Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 08:18 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
No he fired them because he had this opinion that those Employees were on the Left plus some of which were speaking out.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/15/...ineers-dissent
Ah ok, so it has NOTHING to do with this thread, where the man was fired because he was white.

Thanks for clearing it up so quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2022, 12:02 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Has anyone noticed that those in the commercials on TV now are nearly all black now? Once in a while they'll show a token white but this is ridiculous. True, in the past you didn't see many blacks in them if at all but now they have gone to the opposite extreme.
Well, to be fair, you do see a good number of white women. They're married to the black men. You see it in commercials and you see it on regular TV shows. All the time.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:08 PM

2,039 posts, read 4,554,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
I was rather shocked when they did exactly that in Sing. I can't remember exactly but I believe the protagonist was a teen gorilla who wanted to sing and family and friends around him were the stereotypical hood gang members.

The gorilla in Sing was voiced by Taron Egerton who is a white guy from Britain. The gorilla family characters were portrayed as blue collar working class from England. Did we watch the same movie?

Old 11-18-2022, 12:42 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Well, to be fair, you do see a good number of white women. They're married to the black men. You see it in commercials and you see it on regular TV shows. All the time.
Which is funny since 75% of black women who had kids aren't married.

I guess black men prefer white women? Is that what the commercials are showing? Kinda racist.

Old 11-18-2022, 01:15 PM

2,039 posts, read 4,554,382 times
Quote:

I've actually noticed the opposite. It is black women with white men in commercials and tv/movies. Even going back to the Jeffersons, the one couple was white man/black women.

Old 11-18-2022, 01:50 PM

8,232 posts, read 3,490,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Has anyone noticed that those in the commercials on TV now are nearly all black now? Once in a while they'll show a token white but this is ridiculous. True, in the past you didn't see many blacks in them if at all but now they have gone to the opposite extreme.
Yes, definitely. They even replaced Jake from State Farm with a black guy.

Old 11-18-2022, 03:20 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Yes, definitely. They even replaced Jake from State Farm with a black guy.
Yet another example of anti-white racism. I've read that "Jake From State Farm" was a real employee named Jake, and State Farm decided that they wanted a professional actor for future commercials. OK, that's fine. I have no problem with choosing a professional actor, and I have no problem with who they chose. But why did they have to give him Jake's identity? Why couldn't they have made him Jake's coworker Jack, or something? Had they done that, I wouldn't have cared in the least. But they basically "whitewashed" (pun intended) Jake by changing his race from white to black. Like I said, yet another example of anti-white racism.

Old 11-18-2022, 03:32 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Looks like the interpreter is joining all of Elon Musk former employees on the jobless line. Which is funny because conservatives on here had no problem with the latter being fired.
Good Lord. WTF does Musk have to with this thread? Seriously?

Old 11-18-2022, 08:13 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,600,617 times
Quote:
Well, to be fair, you do see a good number of white women. They're married to the black men. You see it in commercials and you see it on regular TV shows. A
ll the time.
This is very obvious, just count on your fingers. Exceptions are extremely rare. The male membrt of a couple is always darker than the female, unless both are white.

Old 11-19-2022, 07:57 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
That's true, there's that to. It's as though these commercials have an agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies