Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 03:25 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,036,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandee38 View Post
I want Desantis to run 1x1 and I think he would win. However I think Desantis is getting pressured to run and I dont think he wants to because he know someone else like youkin will try. I think yougkin could beat trump on a1x1 run. DEsantis told p[eople to chill out and that says all you need to know about his ambitions. Some of Desantis sources have been saying he has not made up is mind yet due to the fact he feels a strong obligation to FL despite overwhelming support

DeSantis has a little time. I think he will wait and see if Trump self destructs, legal issues catch up with him or the GOP dismisses him. I don't think DeSantis can beat him if they had the primaries today. The GOP knows that Trump will not win so they have to come up with away to divorce him without alienating his base.

Old 11-18-2022, 04:05 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Seems Trump has made it clear he's the nominee and anyone that challenges him will get his wrath as seen with his attacks on Desantis and Youngkin.

With that said does Trump deserve the nomination because he was wronged in 2020? and should the rest of the Republicans stay on the sidelines till 2028?

I'm sure there will be others who put their names in the GOP candidate hat for POTUS. I don't think they'll pay much attention to Trump's reactions to their doing so.

I hope there are some good GOP candidates other than Trump as I just don't see him winning the election- the dems, the RINOs, their lapdog media and Tech giants have such a malignant hatred of the man they will do anything at all to destroy him. I don't see his, or anyone else's efforts stopping this.

Of course they will treat anyone on the GOP ticket just as viciously.

Old 11-18-2022, 04:07 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
There is no reason for any other Republican candidate to jump in. It is way too early.......

Old 11-18-2022, 04:08 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
Pending legal indictments, I doubt Trump will be in the fold this time next year. Probably in jail or left the country with his family. If he is allowed, no I don't see any of these Republican hacks beating him. They're all in the swamp. People are sick of the swamp Republicans

Old 11-18-2022, 05:20 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhon View Post
Ron DeSantis should because he is the better human!
He’s younger, better human? How do you know this ? Many trumpets don’t like Ronnie

Old 11-18-2022, 06:28 PM

3,703 posts, read 4,852,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The only ones who run against him, must have a larger ego than Trump, or a different set of ideas. I dont think anyone has a larger ego, and only a very few (disliked) Republicans have different views than MAGA. So anyone that runs against him has to have better ideas then MAGA... Good luck.
ANYONE looking to run for president has a large ego. I really don't think any have a larger one then the other. Rich and egotistical are must have traits to run for office.

Old 11-18-2022, 06:47 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Having an ego and being a narcissist - two different things.
I think it is healthy to have an ego about what your skills are and what you can bring to the table.

I believe that Trump would suffer without an opponent. He needs the back and forth with an opponent.

Old 11-18-2022, 07:16 PM

13,075 posts, read 7,515,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
There is no reason for any other Republican candidate to jump in. It is way too early.......
^

Trump has to announce early. He probably has cash flow problems and by declaring, the contributions can help pay for his continuing expenses and provide some other income. Just another grift.

Did he charged his new campaign, facility fees at Mar-a-Lago, very high prices. Attendance maybe free but what about the parking fee or beverage fee?
Y$MV

Old 11-18-2022, 07:23 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I will never vote for Pence. Did you see his interview? What a spineless man.
Pence is the antithesis of a leader. There aren't a dozen people outside of his family and a minimal political circle in Indiana that would have EVER heard of him, but for Donald Trump's plucking him from obscurity.

Old 11-18-2022, 08:56 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
I think there will be quite a few who will challenge Trump....DeSantis, maybe Youngkin. They have the luxury of just sitting back and governing their states for now. Trump was voted out two years ago and has done nothing since then except complain. He needs to convince voters why he should be elected again. It's going to be a hard sell especially when the next generation challenges him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies