Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 03:21 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I try. Silly me, I forever hope that there is someone out there interested in facts and learning!

It has been interesting being an American in Canada and hearing some of the stupid stuff people say or believe. Sometimes it's amusing. A couple of second-Monday-in-Octobers ago, I posted "Happy Canadian Thanksgiving" on my FB page. A perpetually grumpy old man from my hometown in NJ responded with "It's not THEIR holiday".

Only Americans are allowed to have a Thanksgiving holiday, apparently!
ON these boards you need to be able to keep your patience as some on here post the most stupid stuff I'm sure they know is false, we respond with links to proof of error and dang if they don't ignore your links or info or go ahead and post the very same nonsense again.

If Frustration were to garner medals, some Canadians, and I'm sure some Americans as well (Mightyqueen Moneiil) would be walking around looking like one of those North Korean Generals with medals down their pants legs.

I have posted the gov't site explaining MAID in it's entirety debunking most of this silly stuff like

STUPID STUFF Post #10
Sorel36
Senior Member Medical staff is not allowed to refuse. They have to kill these people or lose their careers.

TRUTH: The federal legislation does not force any person to provide or help to provide medical assistance in dying.
and, of course, it was ignored completely.

I'll try once again to post the actual gov. site:

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...nce-dying.html

Old 11-22-2022, 03:50 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The law was amended in Dec 2020 regarding equality/non discrimination and people with disabilities.

The UN Human Rights group voiced concern:

https://spcommreports.ohchr.org/TmSearch/Results
(bottom of page 1)

"Information received concerning the new policy on medical assistance in dying, enshrined in Bill C-7 as adopted by the House of Commons on 10 December 2020, which amends relevant provisions of the Criminal Code by expanding access to medical assistance in dying to persons with disabilities, whose natural death is not reasonably foreseeable."
This is known, and not the topic here.

We are discussing outside pressure for someone to take MAID.

Old 11-22-2022, 03:59 PM

2,502 posts, read 3,406,007 times
Libertarians and Independents usually prefer to discuss ideas. They value freedom to think through ideas and consider different views.

When these ideas challenge the liberals' beliefs, most liberals resort to name-calling and personal attacks.

So no one is permitted to question the judgments or motives of medical doctors and nurses? They ALL operate at the highest level of integrity and honesty?

Believe what you want. But plenty of people do not believe that lie. Most people have had to deal with a terrible doctor, nurse, or dentist.

Old 11-22-2022, 05:58 PM

2,502 posts, read 3,406,007 times
Correction:

Wesley J. Smith's book mentioned earlier is Culture of Death: The Age of "Do Harm", not Do No Harm.

My apologies for not catching the mistake sooner.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:04 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
ON these boards you need to be able to keep your patience as some on here post the most stupid stuff I'm sure they know is false, we respond with links to proof of error and dang if they don't ignore your links or info or go ahead and post the very same nonsense again.

If Frustration were to garner medals, some Canadians, and I'm sure some Americans as well (Mightyqueen Moneiil) would be walking around looking like one of those North Korean Generals with medals down their pants legs.

I have posted the gov't site explaining MAID in it's entirety debunking most of this silly stuff like

STUPID STUFF Post #10
Sorel36
Senior Member Medical staff is not allowed to refuse. They have to kill these people or lose their careers.

TRUTH: The federal legislation does not force any person to provide or help to provide medical assistance in dying.
and, of course, it was ignored completely.

I'll try once again to post the actual gov. site:

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...nce-dying.html
I saw that post, but I noted who the poster was and dismissed it.

I don't let myself get too frustrated, because by and large, that's the mentality and vibe of the P&OC forum, and let's face it. That stuff draws people to this site. They want to divide, they want to fight, they want to believe weird things and get other people to believe the things they believe, and here they can say those things to an extent, because, as our senior mod once famously reminded the rest of the moderators, "We are not here to moderate the truth. We are here to moderate the Terms of Service".

But still, I've found some gems of real information from time to time posted by more serious, thinking people, and I hope from time to time somebody reads something informational that I provided and gains knowledge from it, too.

Old 11-22-2022, 09:35 PM

2,187 posts, read 1,383,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The federal legislation does not force any person to provide or help to provide medical assistance in dying. [/color]
Federal law requires medical staff to assist in the various duties they are assigned. There is no exemption for MAID. You of course ignored the links I posted.

Quote:
I saw that post, but I noted who the poster was and dismissed it.
Pagans and idolaters supporting this evil and madness. Color me surprised.

Old 11-22-2022, 10:30 PM

3,625 posts, read 3,412,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Federal law requires medical staff to assist in the various duties they are assigned. There is no exemption for MAID. You of course ignored the links I posted.
I am unaware of that law. Could you cite it please? Directly to the federal law; I will accept no blogs or opinion pieces. Thank you in advance.

Old 11-22-2022, 11:00 PM

I am not your personal googling assistant, you should be able to find it yourself. Not hard really.

Old 11-22-2022, 11:03 PM

Actual example :

"In Ontario, Canada, a nurse, Mary Jean Martin, refused to administer euthanasia within the legal framework for assisted suicide. She has been forced to resign as a result."

"When Martin told her superior that she could not sign such an oath since she did not agree with the new law, she was told: “All employees, as public servants, are expected to take this oath of office and allegiance. If they do not sign this or take this it is taken as an automatic resignation from your position."

She isn't the only one. It happened several times in Alberta as well.

Truth is stupid I guess. I know some people are just in denial and try to kill the messenger as they refuse to have an intelligent conversation, a sign of the times. But facts are stubborn and everything is out there for people who want to inform themselves. In a sick, twisted way, refusing to assist in the killing of a patient is construed as "abandonment" or "betrayal of the duty to provide care". This is an automatic dismissal that stays on file. Hard to find a job in healthcare after this.

https://www.genethique.org/nurse-who...esign/?lang=en

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ca...ipate-in-euth/

Last edited by Sorel36; 11-22-2022 at 11:30 PM..

Old 11-23-2022, 09:07 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
I try. Silly me, I forever hope that there is someone out there interested in facts and learning!

It has been interesting being an American in Canada and hearing some of the stupid stuff people say or believe. Sometimes it's amusing. A couple of second-Monday-in-Octobers ago, I posted "Happy Canadian Thanksgiving" on my FB page. A perpetually grumpy old man from my hometown in NJ responded with "It's not THEIR holiday".

Only Americans are allowed to have a Thanksgiving holiday, apparently!
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Yes, all types of Thanksgivings are celebrated around the world in different ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies