Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 08:51 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times

Advertisements

I don't see FOX turning their backs on Trump completely, but I do think they were angered by the fact that he announced his candidacy so early. He jeopardized some of the races the GOP lost in the midterms just by his presence, and he just might do the same thing with the Senate runoff in Georgia.

There is no doubt the country would be better off with Trump vs. Biden, but if not enough people really like the guy he can't win. A lot of voters have proven that they aren't very intelligent and vote according to emotion, not sensibility.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:52 AM

25,743 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
For me, and probably others, I feel Trump had his time and the time has come for a younger leader and government. Too bad Congress would have to vote on time limits for Congress, that would sure clean out the "good old boys." Tired of family "dynasties" being funded by the taxpayers, doing what they deem the people need, not necessarily what the people want.
I voted for Trump but tired of the his ego and the obsession and hatred from the Democrats.
I agree, but I was focusing upon Fox turning against him...that was news to me, but not others, so I was late to learn of this.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I don't see FOX turning their backs on Trump completely, but I do think they were angered by the fact that he announced his candidacy so early. He jeopardized some of the races the GOP lost in the midterms just by his presence, and he just might do the same thing with the Senate runoff in Georgia.

There is no doubt the country would be better off with Trump vs. Biden, but if not enough people really like the guy he can't win. A lot of voters have proven that they aren't very intelligent and vote according to emotion, not sensibility.
Didnt Trump wait until all the polls were closed to announce? Other than the Georgia re-do, and Alaska weird drawn out election process that is.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mila123 View Post
Maybe the network has turned it's back but not the hosts. Tucker, Jesse, Laura, etc. still talk about him all the time and in a positive light. If they turn their back, then it's over for Fox.
Thx for letting me know this...I dont have cable, & dont watch many Fox News video clips...just a few.

I prefer to read instead, so I can skip parts I dont see as the meat of a topic.

Old 11-22-2022, 08:23 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post

Ironically, I think turning their backs on each other would benefit both Fox News and Trump.

The network doubles down on when it's attacked, and so does Trump. Both tend to grow nasty over time as they double down, so Trump will lose more voters and Fox will lose more viewers if they let things go on as they are now.

But some time out for both would cool things down for both.
I doubt it will happen though. Each is so far down in the bed with the other they're co-dependent on each other now. If Fox stifles Tucker Carlson, they lose more viewers. And Trump won't ever change his ways.

Old 11-25-2022, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Murdoch = Dr. Frankenstein. He created the monster and the monster will try to destroy Fox News and everyone who interferes with his 2024 run. There is no way out except for the Republican party to split and reconstitute itself. The cracks are forming.
1 Republican Presidential candidate will not split the Republican party, anymore than radical extreme uber-Left Obama split the Democrat party apart from the moderate Dems; "forcing it to reconstitute itself".

These political parties are much more entrenched than any 1 person...but your wishful thinking made for entertaining reading, so thx for that.

The Pubs will have their primary, the strongest candidate will prevail, and that person will advance to the general...end of story.

If Trump loses the primary, he could peel off some votes as a write-in, or indy candidate, but most will see this as being highly counter-productive to the Pubs goal of taking over complete control of the the federal gov't....House, Senate, & White House in '24.

2 more years of Dem's running the; economy, the border, educational decline, law non-enforcement, & all the other governing aspects they fail at, American voters will be ready for a thorough cleanse.

Old 11-25-2022, 09:55 PM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
First problem is Murdoch turned alot of power over to his children which are Democrats.

https://www.salon.com/2020/07/16/rup...and-democrats/

They also have Paul Ryan on the board who vowed to 'do something about Trump'

https://www.businessinsider.com/paul...-report-2019-9

Old 11-25-2022, 11:44 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
The Murdochs, father and sons, are going to do what they think is best for Fox News.

If Trump loses ratings for Fox, they'll throw him under the bus. Same goes for anyone else who threatens their bottom line.

Old 11-26-2022, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The Murdochs, father and sons, are going to do what they think is best for Fox News.

If Trump loses ratings for Fox, they'll throw him under the bus. Same goes for anyone else who threatens their bottom line.
What a stark contrast to CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC who all knowingly alientated ~1/2 their audience for life, over politicising news & entertainment. Profits come a distant 2nd to these propaganda outlets, and their news ratings proove it.

Old 11-26-2022, 08:17 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/garl...ump-2024-think

This is the first derogatory Fox News opinion piece I've seen against Trump, since he announced his '24 candidacy.

Has anyone heard, or seen any prior Fox News frontal attacks against Trump? (I don't have cable tv) Or, is this the 1st?

This article signals to me who Fox News will NOT be backing....Trump...he'll get little free exposure.

Since DeSantis is the only other candidate w/ good #'s, I guess Ronnie D is Fox's new golden boy...fine by me...I'm just praying that Ron wont agree to grossly overspend like Donald did....I'm likely being naive.

We've been overspending since 1933, so thinking anyone will reverse that, is the thought of a person who has not given up on America....yet.
One opinion piece means what now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies