Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2022, 09:45 AM

4,512 posts, read 1,864,826 times

Advertisements

Adults can do whatever they want but democrats need to stop trying to convince children to get sex changes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2022, 09:53 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Just like starting a thread like this. No on one CD can change what your school is doing. Even you can't. But starting this thread does cause more hostility towards trans people. Maybe that is the goal here?
I think you are being Orwellian here.

Me pointing out science denying, truth denying, and illogical contradictory statements is "hostility" and I need to be silent, because it's violence to state the truth?

Now that you are on the path that the truth is hostile, where does it end? A dystopia? What other truths are off limits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
I don't claim to "get" trans people. Nor do I need to. That's the big difference between you and me. It's not my business and it's not your business. What sane person has been so put out by the trans community that they need to pull together a 12 point diatribe about it? Kind of sad really.

If you don't want it "in your face" - go work somewhere else.
You are being irrational.

I never claimed to get transpeople.

You are also conflating standing by the truth and hating on a group.

It is my business when people like you want me to lie and deny science.

It is my business when I have straight male students that ask me if they are "bigoted transphobes" if they don't want to date a transwoman.

It is my business when students are repeating blatant falsehoods in my room like there are zero biological differences between men and women outside of private parts in my class.

It is my business when I have to worry about being canceled or fired of I say what is obviously true. Notice not 1 leftist on here has disputed the truth, but have tried to shame me for saying it.

Old 11-23-2022, 09:53 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,678,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Adults can do whatever they want but democrats need to stop trying to convince children to get sex changes
It's called essential healthcare!

Yesterday my child thought they/them were a Power Ranger, today they/them thinks them's a Taylor Swift, so we're going in for surgery. Hopefully they will have prosthetic body parts in case them changes them's mind in a few years.

Killing babies is also essential healthcare as long as the potential birthing person doesn't want the baby.

Old 11-23-2022, 09:54 AM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
If I had kids in this school, I would like to know this is happening. Could you send an anonymous letter to the parents? Something along the lines of "Are you aware this is what your children are being taught?" And list all the garbage. Then "If you do not approve of this, please attend the next School Board meeting next Tuesday at 7 p.m. and voice your concerns."

Once you find out which parents are against this, you can work with them behind closed doors to guide them on how to get it out of the school. If parents are okay with it, go about your business. You tried.

Old 11-23-2022, 09:55 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
No Democrat is trying to convince any child to have surgery.

That was made up. And you bought into it.

Old 11-23-2022, 10:02 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
I don't claim to "get" trans people. Nor do I need to. That's the big difference between you and me. It's not my business and it's not your business. What sane person has been so put out by the trans community that they need to pull together a 12 point diatribe about it? Kind of sad really.

If you don't want it "in your face" - go work somewhere else.
It does impact me when bio men can now use the women’s bathrooms, locker rooms, showers, jails, prisons, rape crisis support groups, women’s shelters, sports, etc. It almost impacts me when people change the word “women’ to birthing people, bleeders, bodies with vaginas, chest feeders, etc. and then call me a bigot, a TERF and a trans phone if I object to any of it.

Old 11-23-2022, 10:05 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

The groomers are, actually. It's called "gender affirming therapy" now. Fancy buzzword for "child abuse."

Old 11-23-2022, 10:16 AM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

What rock are you living under? There is a whole industry that has popped up to push this.

Old 11-23-2022, 10:23 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
I can sum it up:
https://youtu.be/exQSiioHrqM

Old 11-23-2022, 10:33 AM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I think you are being Orwellian here.

Me pointing out science denying, truth denying, and illogical contradictory statements is "hostility" and I need to be silent, because it's violence to state the truth?

Now that you are on the path that the truth is hostile, where does it end? A dystopia? What other truths are off limits?
You can say whatever you want as can I. Just no point complaining about what your particular school is doing. Different job, different school perhaps would be an option for you because all this really troubles you.

I am a proactive person. If I am in a situation that I am not comfortable in to the point of posting comments on a social media forum. I am going to change my surroundings. Why be miserable? Life is very short. Or organize protests. Complain at school board meetings. Send flyers home with your students. Call the parents. Be an activist and push back against what you disagree with.

But every argument or belief does not have to agree scientifically or be true or logical. I am an atheist. I don't believe most organized religions pass your science, truth or logic test. Yet most people believe in some sort of religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies