Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2022, 03:25 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Oh but it was when the shots came out...get the shot and live or don't get the shot and die.
One's chance of surviving an attack of Covid are astonishingly better if one has had a recent vaccine. This is a well know fact.

It's like one's chances of surviving a shipwreck are astonishingly better if one has a life jacket. Is it guaranteed? No. People still drown, die of hypothermia and sharks, but the odds are incredibly better.

The vaccine not only helps a person's immune system fight off the disease, but it reduces the chances of spreading.

Is it perfect? No. But the advantages are irrefutable.

Now we have learned that the immune system needs a regular booster to remember the threat, and a lot of people who initially vaccinated are not boosting. That's a problem, because the threat is still very real and someone who vaccinated last year but not since could be as vulnerable as a person who never vaccinated.

Having been exposed is no guarantee either. Some people have boasted that "I have an immune system" and would rather fight it off than "take the jab". My own cousin died in September. He never vaccinated and had Covid several times. My sister is a retired nurse and when she learned he was sick she tried to encourage him to see a doctor. He told my sister "I've had it a million times. No I will not."

The neighbors found him dead in the house.

Old 11-23-2022, 03:29 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
WELL, WELL, WELL, WELL

Who would have thought Fauci, Democrats and the media they control were wrong about Covid and Vaccinations.

ANYONE WITH A BRAIN - THAT'S WHO!

Old 11-23-2022, 03:31 PM

43,122 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
WELL, WELL, WELL, WELL

Who would have thought Fauci, Democrats and the media they control were wrong about Covid and Vaccinations.

ANYONE WITH A BRAIN - THAT'S WHO!
You can blame everyone but everyone is waivered from any liability whatsoever.
Fauci is gone....out of the limelight now.

Where's Gottlieb..."former head of the FDA" instead of "current Board Member of Pfizer" ?

Old 11-23-2022, 03:32 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
What happened to the claim that 99.99998% of covid deaths were the unvaccinated?
It went to the same place the claim that Hunter Biden's laptop is not real and is Russian disinformation did.

It went to the same place the claim that Trump is a Russian Agent did.

Old 11-23-2022, 03:32 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
It works for me. This is the first time in my life I have gone 2.5 years without being sick with anything. I have never felt better. So I'm happy. The people I know who got vaccinated and then got COVID, are not so happy.
I don't think anyone who gets COVID (vaccinated or not) is happy about it. My coworker (unvaccinated), is permanently disabled now from it. He is on oxygen probably for live. It's been a year now (he had Delta) and his lungs are not regenerating as they should. He was very unhappy about his COVID infection. I had COVID also (vaccinated) and I was not happy about it but I just don't like getting sick. By the time I got it, I wasn't banking on steralizing immunity from the vaccine so what would I be displeased about unless I was uniformed.

I am glad the masking with a good quality mask is working for you. This is what my parents do and they have managed to avoid the virus so far while still doing what they do.

Old 11-23-2022, 03:34 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,484,375 times
Go back and read the whole article anti vaxxers.

Old 11-23-2022, 03:43 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
First it was "You won't get China Virus is you're vaccinated."

Then it was, "Okay, okay, you'll still get it but you won't get sick."

Then it was, "Okay you'll get sick but you won't die."

Now, more vaxxed people die than unvaxxed.

Oops.

Old 11-23-2022, 03:50 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Well around here if you don't get it absolutely correct right out of the gate, then you're an evil liar.
That's a blatant straw man.

But it does show acknowledgment that the behavior of the people who got this wrong (i.e., pushing their opinions aggressively and steadfastly refusing to adapt to any emergent reality that put their preferred narrative at risk) is not looked on positively by people who got it right. So, thanks for that, I guess.

Old 11-23-2022, 03:53 PM

43,122 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
Go back and read the whole article anti vaxxers.
Try "anti mandate people"

Old 11-23-2022, 04:02 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
This entire thread is a clear indication that the Republicans have not shed the crazies. The party is infested with them.

This is why they deny global warming, this is why they believe we are going to run out of diesel in 25 days, this is why they do strange things like attack pizza parlor basements and believe dead Kennedys are alive and secretly MAGA, this is why they believe the election lie and attack the capitol, this is why they refuse to take proper precautions with a dangerous disease and it is why they can't govern and have no solutions to legitimate problems ... they are addicted to nonsense and nothing will change that short of a toe tag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies