Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2022, 12:19 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,594 posts, read 16,568,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-...rnal-emergency

This is Biden's handlers effort to calm down the 43M student loan holders that got scammed out of their Midterm votes.

The plan is to delay repayment now until June 2023. Maybe they'll forget they were scammed by then...we gotta get them back into the hive before Nov 2024.

The Pubs in Congress must immediately reverse, & remind them all it was the COURTS that ruled it unconstitutional...JOE conned them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You mean Biden lied again? Wow.
Image arguing that someone lied because PEOPLE ON YOUR SIDE, filed law suits to stop them from doing what they promised, LMFAO

i get it, you hate the left, but this is just hilarious logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2022, 12:52 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,380,497 times
If I recall Xoe went to law school. Might he not have had more insight into whether or not his plan would pass a Constitutional challenge? It might have been a good idea to check with a couple of former law school buddies about it before making a promise like this.

Old 11-24-2022, 01:38 PM

25,829 posts, read 12,868,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Image arguing that someone lied because PEOPLE ON YOUR SIDE, filed law suits to stop them from doing what they promised, LMFAO

i get it, you hate the left, but this is just hilarious logic.
Should our side just sit back and allow unconstutional behavior from your side? I think not.

This accountability is a breath of fresh air, Biden lied...student loan forgiveness died...but he did likely get Millions more votes out of the effort, so there's that...& the Dems still lost the popular vote by a few Million.

Old 11-24-2022, 01:53 PM

7,517 posts, read 5,763,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
You do realize that republicans hold student loans as well and were also affected by this? Last I looked, it isn’t just people with a D after their name who take out student loans. I say this as someone not eligible for this who took out much lower interest private loans because I didn’t have any faith that there would be any loan forgiveness.
Because there shouldn’t be any loans forgiven. All these people signed loans and committed to repayment. Pushing that responsibility onto to backs of the working class is not only morally wrong but illegal the way Joe tried to do it which is why it’s been blocked.

I have to admit, even I am shocked at the complete lack of personal responsibility we have created in society. There was a day this would have shocked even those who took loans out. No way they would have allowed their neighbor to pay for their loans. Yet, here we are with millions of self centered, entitled brats not only expecting this but demanding it.

Old 11-24-2022, 04:01 PM

25,829 posts, read 12,868,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
If I recall Xoe went to law school. Might he not have had more insight into whether or not his plan would pass a Constitutional challenge? It might have been a good idea to check with a couple of former law school buddies about it before making a promise like this.
He, and they, knew it was unconstitutional, but they also knew most of the 43M suckers didn't know that, so they took advantage of them. How underhanded is that? It will Boomerang back on them in 2024.

Old 11-24-2022, 05:03 PM

9,174 posts, read 13,268,294 times
Quote:
uhhh...no...its unconstitutional says the courts....Pubs have no say in it.
6 Republican run states brought the lawsuit saying it would affect their tax revenues because it would hurt a few companies that handle student loan payments.

No concern about the millions of middle-class people who hold student loans, including many who live in those 6 states. As typical, they are just concerned about the profits of a few private companies. Great advertising for the Republican party in the future.

Old 11-24-2022, 05:36 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,993,750 times
Well they would have been forgiven already and we could move on if not for the good old blocking republicans. The party with NO solution to anything... EVER , other than tax cuts for the rich and trickle down that never trickles down and just blocking things. LOL.

Then they wonder they can barely win anything in a mid-term

Do they have any better ideas? Or any ideas/solutions at all?? Outside of benefitting rich people and their PPP loans, corporate bailouts? Still waiting.... You think just catering to the rich, and just blocking everything for eternity has any real long term survability politically? Please

Old 11-24-2022, 08:15 PM

269 posts, read 182,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Well they would have been forgiven already and we could move on if not for the good old blocking republicans. The party with NO solution to anything... EVER , other than tax cuts for the rich and trickle down that never trickles down and just blocking things. LOL.

Then they wonder they can barely win anything in a mid-term

Do they have any better ideas? Or any ideas/solutions at all?? Outside of benefitting rich people and their PPP loans, corporate bailouts? Still waiting.... You think just catering to the rich, and just blocking everything for eternity has any real long term survability politically? Please
I’m a suffering middle class too. Can I get $20K deduction from my McMansion mortgage? Mercedes Car loan? YOLO credit card bill? Screw those responsible idiots!

Old 11-24-2022, 08:20 PM

3,086 posts, read 1,751,849 times
Quote:

The Pubs in Congress must immediately reverse, & remind them all it was the COURTS that ruled it unconstitutional...JOE conned them.
Unfortunately if the Republicans do anything to stop it or even if the conservative Supreme Court does those who wantForgiveness are going to blame them instead of Biden

Old 11-24-2022, 08:22 PM

3,086 posts, read 1,751,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Because there shouldn’t be any loans forgiven. All these people signed loans and committed to repayment. Pushing that responsibility onto to backs of the working class is not only morally wrong but illegal the way Joe tried to do it which is why it’s been blocked.

I have to admit, even I am shocked at the complete lack of personal responsibility we have created in society. There was a day this would have shocked even those who took loans out. No way they would have allowed their neighbor to pay for their loans. Yet, here we are with millions of self centered, entitled brats not only expecting this but demanding it.
Exactly. Goddamn degenerates. You took out the loan, pay it off!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies