Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 08:39 PM

58 posts, read 35,551 times

Advertisements

You know the whole thing “Jan 6” was uncalled for, and quite possibly the reason for it was not enough pot? People chilling don’t be tearing apart buildings for no reason. I recommend an article 615, immediately decriminalizing for the United States so our assets can be protected. Also tell the man in charge I am out and I don’t enjoy that at all

Old 12-01-2022, 08:59 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Americans died.

But I'm curious about these 10 investigations, please provide a link to prove what you say.
Here you go.

BTW, Americans also died directly and indirectly as a result of the Jan 6 incident.

Ten investigations were conducted into the 2012 Benghazi attack, six of these by Republican-controlled House committees.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...4Gek79JIZWIppH

Old 12-02-2022, 04:31 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Indeed you have. But you have never once, to my recollection, provided any reasoning for that assumption, even in the face of several public confessions Trump has made to various crimes.

Given that Trump himself has established his guilt - Do you think that prosecutors are afraid to go after a former president, or is there something else separating you from reality?
I’ve provided plenty, and the most important one is no proof to get him. The only thing you’ve provided are ifs, buts, could, maybe, etc…, combined with wishing and hoping for 6+ years. Contrary to your hopes, he’ll never sniff prison.

They’re going after him no matter what. He’s hurt their feelings to the core ever since he won, and it’s fabulous watching them work for everything and come up empty.

Last edited by erieguy; 12-02-2022 at 04:46 AM..

Old 12-02-2022, 06:12 AM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
One thing we did know is that Trump was fully informed there was no massive fraud before he went to the podium Jan 6, we also know that he did nothing for hours while rioters tore apart the capital. He also contacted the Georgia SOS to find more votes. Kevin McCarthy is free to investigate and attempt to dispute those facts, but I don't see him changing anything. These were statements by some of his closest advisors.

Old 12-02-2022, 07:36 AM

37,212 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I’ve provided plenty, and the most important one is no proof to get him. The only thing you’ve provided are ifs, buts, could, maybe, etc…, combined with wishing and hoping for 6+ years. Contrary to your hopes, he’ll never sniff prison.

They’re going after him no matter what. He’s hurt their feelings to the core ever since he won, and it’s fabulous watching them work for everything and come up empty.
That’s a lot of words to say nothing. Exactly the reply I expected.

What I was hoping for was a rationale for why you believe he won’t be indicted after he confessed, which is definitively the proof you are denying exists.

Old 12-02-2022, 09:04 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
That’s a lot of words to say nothing. Exactly the reply I expected.

What I was hoping for was a rationale for why you believe he won’t be indicted after he confessed, which is definitively the proof you are denying exists.
Nah, it explains perfectly how you’ve been proven wrong for 6+ years.

Perhaps he won’t, perhaps he will since he confessed, however, he’s not going to prison like you’ve so hoped for.

Old 12-02-2022, 10:54 AM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Who will investigate McCarthy's investigation committee?

One of the reasons the republican only narrowly gained the house is their far-right wing movement, now we have more of the same. This won't play out well in 2024.

Old 12-02-2022, 04:02 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Who will investigate McCarthy's investigation committee?
I guess we'll have to wait until 2024 and see if the repubs retain the house.

Quote:
One of the reasons the republican only narrowly gained the house is their far-right wing movement,
A win is a win, you lost, period end of story, even it the dems lost by 1 vote, you still lost.

Quote:
now we have more of the same.
Of what?

Quote:
This won't play out well in 2024.
I guess we will just have to see, unless you have your magic ball with you.

Old 12-03-2022, 12:16 AM

17,625 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Goodnight isn’t having a very good night. Poor thing.

Old 12-03-2022, 12:22 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,265 times
Quote:
Absolutely nothing. Their work is almost complete, and all of the testimony, transcripts, depositions, and other evidence gathered has been turned over to the DOJ and presumably Jack Smith. The GOP may open Pandora’s box if they decide to open an investigation into the investigation. I’d bet a lot of what they gathered that the public never saw was not particularly flattering to Trump and the spineless GOP that wrote him a blank check to pillage and plunder.
So, they've deposed Ray Epps? I must have missed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies