Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 11:40 AM

37,495 posts, read 19,377,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Well, their prime time hearings were pretty much snoozefests, so I’m not expecting any bombshells.
Anything that could be used as hard evidence in a trial was, I am certain, excluded from the public so as to not ***** public opinion beforehand.

Old 12-01-2022, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
You're right to be skeptical but to be fair, it doesn't matter what Republicans pass, Dems control the Senate and Presidency so the best we can hope for is glorious gridlock.
You may not even get that if Liz Cheney becomes Speaker.

Old 12-01-2022, 11:43 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,780,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
McCarthy pulled 5 GOP members from the January 6 committee, now he wants his own investigation. Talk about government waste.
Typical Democrat. Our investigations are all proper and worth the money, but all yours are bad and a waste of money.

I wish hypocrisy was eatable, because I could fill my stomach full each day on leftist hypocrisy.

Old 12-01-2022, 11:56 AM

25,452 posts, read 9,886,846 times
I wouldn't have a problem with Republicans investigating the work of the January 6th committee. There should be complete transparency. The facts will speak for themselves. I'm much more interested to see what Jack Smith does with his January 6th investigation.

Old 12-01-2022, 11:58 AM

25,452 posts, read 9,886,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Typical Democrat. Our investigations are all proper and worth the money, but all yours are bad and a waste of money.

I wish hypocrisy was eatable, because I could fill my stomach full each day on leftist hypocrisy.
Why didn't more Republicans join the January 6th Committee when it was formed? They wouldn't have had to double the work and could have gotten it all done in one fell swoop.

Old 12-01-2022, 12:07 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,780,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Why didn't more Republicans join the January 6th Committee when it was formed? They wouldn't have had to double the work and could have gotten it all done in one fell swoop.
Because Pelosi refused to allow non I HATE TRUMP Republicans on the committee.

Because Pelosi was not going to allow any research into anything that might incriminate anyone who was not a Republican.

This is all well known and reported on. Everyone understood what the committee was formed for. It was nothing more than political theater to sway voting.

NOW maybe we will be able to see ALL sides of what happened, including the awful things Pelosi herself did.

Old 12-01-2022, 12:08 PM

16,228 posts, read 10,901,951 times
McCarthy Warns Jan. 6 Committee Republicans Will Investigate Its Work

Why would McCarthy, or any Republican, want to continue waving the 1/6 bloody shirt in front of voters? I would think that they would like voters to forget about the Trump-inspired insurrection and attempt to overthrow the constitution based on a lie.

Old 12-01-2022, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Because Pelosi refused to allow non I HATE TRUMP Republicans on the committee.

Because Pelosi was not going to allow any research into anything that might incriminate anyone who was not a Republican.

This is all well known and reported on. Everyone understood what the committee was formed for. It was nothing more than political theater to sway voting.

NOW maybe we will be able to see ALL sides of what happened, including the awful things Pelosi herself did.
You misspelled "election deniers."

Old 12-01-2022, 01:14 PM

13,302 posts, read 8,536,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
McCarthy Warns Jan. 6 Committee Republicans Will Investigate Its Work

Why would McCarthy, or any Republican, want to continue waving the 1/6 bloody shirt in front of voters? I would think that they would like voters to forget about the Trump-inspired insurrection and attempt to overthrow the constitution based on a lie.
True. Good question.

I personally encourage giving repubs enough rope. They haven't failed me yet in that old addage .

Old 12-01-2022, 01:41 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,337,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Given the fact the committee was a sham, it doesn’t really matter to me either way if it gets investigated or not.

But I do love how investigations were necessary and okay when President Trump was in office and Democrats controlled the House, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, everyone is worried about “too much investigation and not enough progress.”

Must be nice to be a Democrat. No accountability and no consequences for anything they do.
Bingo…Dem hypocrisy runneth over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
McCarthy pulled 5 GOP members from the January 6 committee, now he wants his own investigation. Talk about government waste.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/21/polit...tee/index.html
There’s been 6+ years of government waste trying to get because Trump. The shoe is simply on the other foot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies