Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 08:43 AM

51,659 posts, read 25,891,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
They clearly say if you don't believe Jesus is your savior you fry forever. I had a missionary in the next apartment to me. He said even aborted babies go to hell because they never acknowledged Jesus as their lord and therefore could not be forgiven and accepted into heaven.
I've heard this myself. Many times.

Old 12-05-2022, 08:44 AM

89,199 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Wrong again.

If it is a separate life until it is born.

Until then, it is part of her.
Tell that to all the people in prison for committing fetal homicide. They got charged with and convicted of killing a separate human life.

Old 12-05-2022, 08:46 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,319,981 times
Abortion is killing, period. The left will never acknowledge it, and will dance around the issue forever, but it's a fact.
We all fall short, but at least I won't have it on my conscience that I ever supported abortion in any way whatsoever.

Old 12-05-2022, 08:46 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,067,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
While this is true in some circumstances, if you look at the macro level, places and countries that have banned religion are far worse off.

The United States is the most Christian country in the world, and also the most successful. Coincidence, I think not.

Sure by the mere size of the country -- the UA has more Christians but per capita it's not one of the top.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...tian-countries

Old 12-05-2022, 08:47 AM

89,199 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Don't play move the goal post, the statement was made on conception.
You asked about "a group of cells." I gave a scientifically correct answer: adult humans ARE in fact "a group of cells."

Old 12-05-2022, 08:48 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,479,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That is not the only group of people opposed to abortion. Pacifists, for example, are opposed to abortion, as well.

Many people object to convenience abortion (the 98.3% of all abortions that are NOT medically necessary or due to rape or incest) based on the Non-Aggression Principle. The Non-Aggression Principle, or NAP, is the belief that people should be free to act as they choose with the exception that they may not initiate force, or the threat of force, against another or their property. Like the Golden Rule and the Principle of Charity, the NAP can serve as a guide to help each of us live an ethical life.

Using abortion to kill a baby just because one doesn't want one is most definitely unprovoked lethal force initiated and used against another.
I agree.

Old 12-05-2022, 08:48 AM

6,101 posts, read 2,885,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
BS.

I have gone to church on and off my whole life. Many religions are quite clear on what happens to those who don't believe what they do.
Different churches and denominations have their own opinions about Hell and non-believers. It sounds as though you have been going to the wrong churches.

Old 12-05-2022, 08:51 AM

51,659 posts, read 25,891,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Different churches and denominations have their own opinions about Hell and non-believers. It sounds as though you have been going to the wrong churches.
So what are the "right churches?"

Old 12-05-2022, 08:52 AM

9,829 posts, read 7,282,864 times
I became an atheist as a teenager, when I started to really learn about everything and think about everything. The internet was critical, but it really only just sped up the process. And yeah, this was well before social media.

The fact is, there is no god, there never has been a god, and there never will be a god. If everyone on earth believed in god, there still would not be a god. Children would still get cancer, and we'd still have to deflect an asteroid if it was coming for us. Except we'd be too busy to do so, because we'd be fighting bloody wars over slight differences in beliefs and mythologies.

If you have to believe in it, it's not true. Anything that people believe in, is just their version of wishful thinking. They're afraid of death, etc. Don't believe in anything- accept that which is observable. Everything else is ignorable.

I don't believe in the sun, because I don't have to. It rises every morning very predictably. If there was an actual god, people wouldn't need to believe in it.

Old 12-05-2022, 08:57 AM

10,519 posts, read 7,060,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I became an atheist as a teenager, when I started to really learn about everything and think about everything. The internet was critical, but it really only just sped up the process. And yeah, this was well before social media.

The fact is, there is no god, there never has been a god, and there never will be a god. If everyone on earth believed in god, there still would not be a god. Children would still get cancer, and we'd still have to deflect an asteroid if it was coming for us. Except we'd be too busy to do so, because we'd be fighting bloody wars over slight differences in beliefs and mythologies.

If you have to believe in it, it's not true. Anything that people believe in, is just their version of wishful thinking. They're afraid of death, etc. Don't believe in anything- accept that which is observable. Everything else is ignorable.

I don't believe in the sun, because I don't have to. It rises every morning very predictably. If there was an actual god, people wouldn't need to believe in it.
If you took an understanding the Bible you would know the reason why things like cancer exists. Also, for Christianity its not just something you 'believe in' its something that you can physically experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies