Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 03:12 PM

11,428 posts, read 5,973,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootDiabetic View Post
Twitter is so awful.

How the heck do you have any conversation or discussion 280 characters at a time ?

I will never ever understand how such an awful website became so popular and worth billions.

If you really want to grunt at each other 280 characters, a sentence at a time like neanderthals I guess. All I know is I hated that website.

Like here my post gets displayed in cronilogical order. Twitter who knows just bury it in the pile someplace or shadow it.

Ya sure tesla space dude bought it but its still totally lame and always will be.
Millenials to me: How the heck can you write more than 280 characters? I mean, that is a book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2022, 08:50 PM

16,070 posts, read 10,732,474 times
He can run Twitter into the ground in Texas easier than in California.

Old 12-09-2022, 10:31 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,441,359 times
You mean "whatever is left of Twitter."

Old 12-09-2022, 10:44 PM

5,761 posts, read 11,363,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If Musk wants to move twitter then go to a state that needs jobs like Mississippi
You need access to a big pool of highly talented and innovative computer-centric people to make a large tech enterprise successful. That's a big reason Silicon Valley and the SF Bay Area have been the center of the tech universe for the past 30+ years. I don't think Mississippi fits that bill. In Texas, the majority of tech companies are in the Austin and DFW region.

Old 12-09-2022, 11:03 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,053,982 times
As long as he can fly his fleet of private jets to San Francisco (London, NY, Tokyo, etc.) on a regular basis, I don't think he cares. He would probably even do it just as a statement - even if it ultimately costs him billions of dollars - like he is doing currently. But I would guess he keeps all the highest paying positions in SF, LA, or NYC. Just outsource the peon <$300k jobs to cheaper state like TX.

Old 12-09-2022, 11:17 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If Musk wants to move twitter then go to a state that needs jobs like Mississippi
The Tesla Gigafactory isn't in Mississippi.

The SpaceX launch site under construction isn't in Mississippi.

The SpaceX Rocket Development and Test Facility isn't in Mississippi.

All three are in Texas.

If it's something to address at all, convenience and regulatory environment make more sense as reasons than your particular bit of altruism.

Old 12-10-2022, 06:45 AM

25,704 posts, read 12,786,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The Tesla Gigafactory isn't in Mississippi.

The SpaceX launch site under construction isn't in Mississippi.

The SpaceX Rocket Development and Test Facility isn't in Mississippi.

All three are in Texas.

If it's something to address at all, convenience and regulatory environment make more sense as reasons than your particular bit of altruism.
Texas also has better access to the tech savy labor pool in Cali...not many Techies from Cali would move to MS...maybe Atanta, or Nashville, or Huntsville, but not many would move to MS. 1+Million of Californians have moved to Texas...~80k/year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies