Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2022, 05:40 AM

4,547 posts, read 2,271,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Taxpayer funded $1500 bus rides wonder how much of a kick back Abbott gets per bus rider?

It's still probably cheaper than housing, food, clothing, cell phones, healthcare, etc... per illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2022, 05:47 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,232,807 times
That put a smile on my face to start Thursday!

Three thumbs up to Abbott to show the hypocrisy of the Dems.

Old 12-08-2022, 05:53 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
That put a smile on my face to start Thursday!

Three thumbs up to Abbott to show the hypocrisy of the Dems.

I agree, but I want this effort increased by 10,000%...ALL of the illegals need to be shipped to Lib cities. 8,400 is totally insufficient for me...C'mon Abbott, step it up big time.

Old 12-08-2022, 06:10 AM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I was going to say - Greg needs to stop playing around and simply offer bus service one way across the border for all comers. Busing immigrants into the interior after complaining they’re coming across illegally is the sort of GOP logic we’ve come to expect.

Especially Denver, which has had a huge Latino presence since Mexico still owned that half of the country centuries back. Signage there has been in both English and Spanish for over 40 years that I know about personally. Unloading a bus full of Spanish-speaking people there is like unloading Br’er Rabbit in a briar patch.

Smooth move, Governor ExLax.
If Abbott bussed them back over the border they'd be back again the next day! Busing them instead to those who want and defend them need to deal with them instead so they can see what a big problem they are. A bus ticket is much cheaper than allowing them to remain in Texas where these illegals and bogus asylum seekers cost their state much, much more.

WTH does what language they speak have to do with anything? Spanish is being spoken and signage in that language are all over the country.

Yes, smooth move Governor Abbott and I applaud him.

Old 12-08-2022, 06:21 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Congratulations to Governor Abbott for the 8,400th passenger of the year on his "migrant express" budget network to Washington DC and the relocation of Governor Abbott's Washington DC bus station to just outside of Kamala Harris residence.

Governor Abbott is very generous and his migrant bus service has fantastic winter options for migrants looking to move to blue cities.

Governor Abbott seems to have moved the Washington DC stop to right outside of Kamala Harris residence.

Governor Abbott also sent around 150 migrants to the ultra-liberal city of Denver for migrants looking for that perfect Colorado ski vacation.

How generous of Governor Abbott to give migrants a free bus to Colorado which is one of the most Democratic states in the country that will always put the needs of illegal aliens first.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...residence.html

https://kdvr.com/news/local/denver-e...ive-overnight/
"Governor Abbott also sent around 150 migrants to the ultra-liberal city of Denver for migrants looking for that perfect Colorado ski vacation."
And legal marijuana.

Old 12-08-2022, 06:22 AM

37,180 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If Abbott bussed them back over the border they'd be back again the next day! Busing them instead to those who want and defend them need to deal with them instead so they can see what a big problem they are. A bus ticket is much cheaper than allowing them to remain in Texas where these illegals and bogus asylum seekers cost their state much, much more.

WTH does what language they speak have to do with anything? Spanish is being spoken and signage in that language are all over the country.

Yes, smooth move Governor Abbott and I applaud him.
So you are in favor of moving tens of thousands of immigrants into the interior of the country at random to protest thousands of immigrants coming into the interior of the country at random?

That checks. Got it. They appreciate the transportation.

Out of curiosity - Do you keep a bucket of gasoline on hand to put out fires...?

Old 12-08-2022, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Send them to all the leftist gated communities. It's where they belong. I mandate that every unoccupied second home of any democrat voter should be listed in a public database as a home where these migrants can make their home in. Move on in while they are away, and refuse to leave. Months later when the leftist returns for vacation, there won't be much they can do. Their own eviction laws would make it hard to get rid of them.
Help them break into dem owned houses and claim "squatters" rights and they CANNOT be evicted.

"What is good for the goose....."!

Old 12-08-2022, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I am critical of all the administrations, past and present who have not taken a full, complex approach to immigration in this country.

I'm an immigrant. I'm not resentful of epole seeking refugee or asylum status. The Cubans in Florida who helped to turn Florida Republican are assylum and refdugee seekers.

BUT yes the USA needs to take a firm, thoughtful approach and provide the resources at the ports of entry and border to manage the surge of asylum seekers.

We need to addres the kick the can policies of the past and all the undocumented workers who were encouraged by individuals, companies, local,state and federal officials to seek a beter life (so we could have cheap labor).

But a wall solved nothing.
It was expensive and simple...but it solved nothing.
"BUT yes the USA needs to take a firm, thoughtful approach and provide the resources at the ports of entry and border to manage the surge of asylum seekers."

B.S.

We have ZERO responsibility to assist those that want to come here.

It is a PRIVILEGE, NOT a RIGHT!

We DO have imagination LAWS that need to need to be ENFORCED!

Old 12-08-2022, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Taxpayer funded $1500 bus rides wonder how much of a kick back Abbott gets per bus rider?
I wonder how much kickback biden and family get from EACH student loan paid for by us taxpayers?

Old 12-08-2022, 06:35 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,242,613 times
You know in south east Houston there is a very large (historic) Mexican population. A small # of Arabs are in this community. They speak English, Arabic and Mexican Spanish perfectly… many people cannot tell the difference between them and Hispanics because of their skin tone.

It would be unfortunate if some of these bussed migrants turn out to be Islamic terrorists. It would be even more unfortunate if they are taking free rides to plan out and execute the next 9/11. I know republicans with all their love for the USA would love to see NYC, Phiily, DC, Chicago, etc get blown off the map with hundreds of thousands of liberals killed- but they need to be careful what they wish for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies