Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I am…
Republican and Christian 36 35.29%
Republican and NOT Christian 29 28.43%
Not Republican 37 36.27%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 11:31 AM

984 posts, read 442,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Kind of an odd post, IMO. Why would someone be proud of their characteristics? Seems kind of egotistical to me. I'm neutral on mine neither proud or ashamed. You have no control over your genetics.

I'm a conservative and have Christian values but I'm not a religious nut or a church goer.
I was responding to someone who was proud to be white and a man and married to a woman. Those are also natural characteristics.

Old 12-09-2022, 12:13 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
So called Christians- only God knows the truth.

82% repubs
65% Dems

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion...y-affiliation/
Yes...that statistic, of the Political Party of those identifying as theologically "Christian" will change a lot in the coming years.
As the population becomes more Black & Hispanic/Latino it will move more toward Democrat/Christian as that is their typical Theological and Political Party persuasion.

Old 12-09-2022, 12:29 PM

4,548 posts, read 2,272,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Blacks have a higher rate of Christianity than do white people and also overwhelmingly vote Democrat, not Republican.
And get the most abortions. I never understood it.

Old 12-09-2022, 01:22 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by welltodo11 View Post
What happened to live thy neighbor? And I never attacked the Christian religion; I don’t attend church but I do identify as a Christian.
I assume you meant "love" thy neighbor? Are these illegal aliens and bogus asylum seekers loving their neighbor Americans by stealing their jobs, taxes and resources and committing felony ID theft and or tax evasion? We love our neighbors by sending them billions of our tax dollars to help them out in their own countries but that's not enough unless we allow them to do the above to us?

Jesus said to obey the laws of the land and not take from others what doesn't belong to them and not to lie and steal. These so-called migrants are guilty of all of that. If you're ok with all of that then you're not a Christian.

Old 12-09-2022, 01:23 PM

831 posts, read 333,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
Republicans are more likely to be associated with Christianity. I’m curious how true it is here.
Independent who votes republican and libertarian haven't been a christian in 2 decades. Was raised that way just left it when I was a late teen.

Old 12-09-2022, 01:28 PM

844 posts, read 508,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
but the income cap is tied to the output cap... that will just kill it sooner
Obviously you would need to limit the increase in output cap relative income cap.

Old 12-09-2022, 01:57 PM

5,935 posts, read 2,762,114 times
I'm not a Republican (never have been a registered Republican either). I vote Republican though, because the Dems have lost their collective minds. They gone Way Off the Deep End.

I am a baptized Christian. Although I don't go to church or practice any religion at this point in my life - I just do the right thing as much as I can. Be a good neighbor. Don't harm others. Don't steal. Y'know, common sense stuff.

However I do absolutely 100% believe in a greater power other than mankind and our man made creations (government and Google) and I do agree with many of the principles of Christianity. There's a lot of good messaging there, along with many of the other religions on this planet.

Old 12-09-2022, 02:00 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by welltodo11 View Post
What happened to live thy neighbor? And I never attacked the Christian religion; I don’t attend church but I do identify as a Christian.
Perhaps you should, you might better understand what means.

Old 12-09-2022, 02:09 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
Such a BS take. It's not a "life style." It's also not pushed. The only thing "pushed" is that they should have equal rights and access. End of story. You know who wants to push their beliefs and life choices? Christians.
Yeah Those teachings are rough.Do not lie ,do not steal, do not covet,do not commit adultery.

Old 12-09-2022, 08:30 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I assume you meant "love" thy neighbor? Are these illegal aliens and bogus asylum seekers loving their neighbor Americans by stealing their jobs, taxes and resources and committing felony ID theft and or tax evasion? We love our neighbors by sending them billions of our tax dollars to help them out in their own countries but that's not enough unless we allow them to do the above to us?

Jesus said to obey the laws of the land and not take from others what doesn't belong to them and not to lie and steal. These so-called migrants are guilty of all of that. If you're ok with all of that then you're not a Christian.
Not one person in this entire world can determine that. It’s none of anyones call but God! It’s personal and none one single person is without sin … period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies