Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2022, 08:36 AM

1,111 posts, read 747,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
Oh good grief OP, perhaps back off the TV news and internet political boards. Leaving your native land to live somewhere else permanently, no matter where that it might be, is not a trivial thing. It is not like visiting another place for a few weeks of even a few months. Sure it is easy to talk and speculate about, but not so easy to make it happen.
Take it easy! Ha. When you make assumptions it's a bad look. My wife is from Singapore. we've lived there before so we'd simply move back permanently. Great place. Values education greatly.

Old 12-11-2022, 08:38 AM

3,240 posts, read 3,198,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I feel as though I've already left the Country. I live in the Free State of Florida. FLA is nothing like the woke Lib cesspools found elsewhere.

I live in a very Red community, in a Red County, in a Very Red region, of a Very Red state, that is located in a Red portion of the USA. I'm deeply entrenched.

I'm confident Florida would secede, along with Texas, & other Red States, before I'd have to leave.

I can't think of any point at which I would willingly leave the USA. The USA, as we know it today, might leave me though.
Preach Beach! I’m in a blue county but there’s enough red from Tallahassee to keep things somewhat sane. I can’t tell you the number of times my husband and I say to each other “thank God we live in Florida.”

Old 12-11-2022, 08:39 AM

1,111 posts, read 747,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The only thing that would make me truly leave is if I no longer had access to fresh organic foods and neither did children across the country. The abuse children have suffered through this American diet have been horrific. The disorders that have came about from the poisonous garbage they're spraying on our crops is unfathomable.
This I also agree with.

Old 12-11-2022, 08:44 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,057,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Where is it better?

Dominican Republic, where government knows how to run one.
And their #1 export isn't bananas or tobacco; but rather gold.
Idiot Biden just banned sugar imports from them, as they refused to set-up Haitian refugee camps in their own country.
They don't care, Russia is more than happy to buy it.

Old 12-11-2022, 08:45 AM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
As others have asked, where would you go?

This country is big and very diverse. I would see a move from one state to another being a more reasonable response to whatever is upsetting and pushing you out than uprooting everything to move out of the country.

In my state they just voted in a very Liberal Progressive Governor that will no doubt move this state even further Left and that might actually force me to consider a move but we shall see.

Old 12-11-2022, 08:47 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times
The question isn't whether you'd leave the U.S..... the question should be would you renounce your U.S. citizen status if you do?

We talked about moving to Costa Rica (where we already have friends)... but they hadn't renounced their citizenship and he would actually come back to the states for work occasionally. The thing is... if you don't renounce, you're still responsible for paying U.S. taxes no matter where you live.... and if you renounce, in our case, we'd lose over 45 years of paid in social security. We're damned if we do..... damned if we don't.

Old 12-11-2022, 08:52 AM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,864 times
If it got bad enough to leave we probably wouldn't be allowed to leave.

Old 12-11-2022, 08:54 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
Take it easy! Ha. When you make assumptions it's a bad look. My wife is from Singapore. we've lived there before so we'd simply move back permanently. Great place. Values education greatly.
Singapore is nice and the people are great. I've spent a good chunk of my adult life living outside the USA and the one thing I always miss about the states is how darn easy it is to jump in a car and drive to wherever here. The convenience of living in the USA is pretty cool. That's what always brings me back. It's so easy to live here.

I love America and I doubt I will ever permanently relocate. However, my wife and I do plan to split our time in retirement between the US and places abroad. 4 months here, 4 months in Europe, 4 months in Asia. That kind of thing. It's not about escaping the crazy politics, you will find that anywhere, it's more about enjoying life and the people around us. There are wonderful people almost everywhere we go.

Old 12-11-2022, 08:54 AM
Status: "Do not pass GO, do not collect $300 (used to be $200)" (set 10 days ago)

600 posts, read 274,235 times
If CBDC was implemented, that could do it. I'd be off to the mother continent, legally if possible, but other options could be on the table.

Old 12-11-2022, 08:57 AM

43,122 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
The question isn't whether you'd leave the U.S..... the question should be would you renounce your U.S. citizen status if you do?

We talked about moving to Costa Rica (where we already have friends)... but they hadn't renounced their citizenship and he would actually come back to the states for work occasionally. The thing is... if you don't renounce, you're still responsible for paying U.S. taxes no matter where you live.... and if you renounce, in our case, we'd lose over 45 years of paid in social security. We're damned if we do..... damned if we don't.
You do not lose your SS if you renounce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies